Author Topic: Have say Booo again this time for the new Tarmac 1! :(  (Read 670 times)

Purple44

Finally got race the new Tarmac 1 track tonight online. Bugbear what did you do?? You turn Tarmac 1 into a "safe" circuit racing track!  :(

Tarmac 1 has lost it Wreckfest track character with the removal of the stone bridges and the hill after second to last turn:

If went wide coming out of second to last turn and got car into the hill on the right, car could go up on two wheels or even roll over. Wreckfest racing!  :D

Now with the new track design, Tarmac 1 become a more boring "safe" track to race on. Not a Wreckfest track any more. Be more like a GRID 1 track.  :(

I've been real happy with what Bugbear has done to some the tracks, like the new Tarmac 3 Mixed ( which happens to be missing from the June Build!  :o ) The finish touches on the joker lap on Mixed 4 and the Mixed 3 track. Having great fun racing these tracks online.  :D

But the redoing of Tarmac 1 and Sandpit 1, both popular tracks they way the were online, to make the racing "safer" is disappointing.  :(

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Finsku

Driving Tarmac 1 Reverse is much easier, you can drive with full speed into first turn and drive on grass without worrying crashing.
I loved the first original Tarmac 1 because its danger points like the hill what purple told in his post. Its now "safe circuit racing track".
The bridges were nice, because you had to avoid columns under second bridge (Tramac 1 normal way, not reverse). Now you can easily cut that part...

RickyB

Yeah, more tracks are becoming too safe. The biggest buzzkill for me on the current tracks are those indestructible steel armcos. Least fun a prop could provide.

Just posted this in the June Update thread...

...for me those steel barriers (armcos) are currently the biggest buzzkill, because...
- too safe
- no crash action, unlike concrete barriers where we have at least some destructive crash effect
- prevents risky gameplay, maybe go up on 2 wheels and either make it or fail and cause an awesome crash.
- less risk = less thrill = less fun

The simple bump in terrain behind the barrier could provide much more fun gameplay, because it's risky and thus thrilling.

Just my oppinion :)

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:00:44 PM by RickyB »

Daystar

It is a crying ass shame that Sandpit1 and Tarmac1 have been seriously toned down, and made way safer.  :-X I probably will never know why Bugbear went and did that. but fortunately for me, I can still enjoy mentioned tracks, in their previous grandeur versions! Thank god I thought of making a backup of our previous build. but I must stress on the previous build, sandpit 1 has a serious tear line (glitch) on the long track version (reverse config). not really that big an issue if racing it in forward config.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:44:15 PM by Daystar »

Daystar

Got a quick question for you Purple. How would I be able to make the new builds 2 new tracks into a mod for my previous version build I am still playing on?

BenDover

I agree with you some Purlple becuse its good to have SOME dangerous zones on the track and they dident need to change tarmac 1 like they did, but lets remember its still a racing track.

Alot of changes to other tracks I really like, they have some dangerous zones and some more "friendly" zones. Something I miss doe is on the sandpit (3) ? I think it is when you go from gravel>tarmac>gravel when there was a little bump you could hit and you for sure would roll, but still with the more HP in the cars I think its better this way :)

Why could it not be a "wreckfest" track? I mean, its a racing track not a derby track.
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Purple44

Got a quick question for you Purple. How would I be able to make the new builds 2 new tracks into a mod for my previous version build I am still playing on?

You looking to add the new tracks into an old Build? Would need make a track folder under \mods\new tracks\. then I would suggest you setup track structure the same way Wreckfest has them and then put the track files in the right place. Don't forget the menu files.

Hmmm, but I don't think an old Build of Wreckfest will like the new menu track files: envi and evse

So to get new tracks to load in old Build, you going need make a new evst file like the one in above picture.

Might steal an existing evst file from a modded track you got and just edit it to load the new tracks. Change the Variants number as you add new tracks. Change 2 to 3 will get you a 3rd variant listing to edit to point a new track file.

Purple44

Why could it not be a "wreckfest" track? I mean, its a racing track not a derby track.

Some have bought Wreckfest for some dangerous racing that can't be found in a lot of the other racing games. So why take a track ( old Tarmac 1 ) that give Wreckfest some favor and turn track into a more generic track that can be found in other racing games?

If Tarmac 1 had started out as this new version, then we would not be complaining if that what Bugbear wants to do. But Bugbear gave us a taste of what Tarmac 1 could be and we like that TASTE!!  :D

BenDover

Some have bought Wreckfest for some dangerous racing that can't be found in a lot of the other racing games. So why take a track ( old Tarmac 1 ) that give Wreckfest some favor and turn track into a more generic track that can be found in other racing games?

If Tarmac 1 had started out as this new version, then we would not be complaining if that what Bugbear wants to do. But Bugbear gave us a taste of what Tarmac 1 could be and we like that TASTE!!  :D

1st track I ever played was tarmac 1, back when it was only named Next Car Game, thinking it would not go with a heavy name to one direction "wreckfest", I remember I was thinking "This is gonna be an awesome game, its have the damage (destruction) on the cars and I cant wait for more racing tracks" and I told alot of friend about the game and they dident want it becuse its wasent MP, when MP came 5-7 friends got it in no time and since then I have been playing this game.

I was really disappointed with the name of the game even if its still called "Next Car Game" too but with these changes they do to the tracks, sometimes I dont like it but I still understand why they do it, and they just changing the racing track to be more racing friendly in a way, but yeah, ofc I love the dangerous with some part that some tracks gives. I always gonna miss the old tarmac 1 the new layout seems fine even if they took out parts I did like, everything mention in your thread would always be missed becuse that was 2 dangerous parts of Tarmac 1 but in the end it feels like this one will be better in the long run to "update" some tracks like they really did to many tracks in this update :P

What I want to say mostly is that we cant always like what they devs does, I will never accept the name "wreckfest" becuse of all the *CENSUR* trolls and that many who looking for a racing game wont even look to this game and just that is loss in player counts.
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

sam223

I dont think the changes were that drastic on tarmac 1. The majority of the parts they reshaped havnt really affected the racing line. Like the hills before the final turn, they were already in a position that you were unlikely to end up on them.
Any section of track can be action packed as long as the players you race against or AI are aggressive enough. Doesn't need to be forced accidents to create action.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=B13UgIGe7gU
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Tonza

I agree it's too safe now it got the sandpit 1 treatment. I really liked the concrete pillars bridge. I get they trying to give it authentic look but I just like the old version more. It wasnt too over the top either.

That being said I also hope they make tarmac 3 more interesting, like give it that abandoned/ under maintenance racetrack look that flatout 1 and 2 had. Not every track needs to be like that, not at all but I think it would be fitting for that track in particular.

Daystar

Thank you Purple!!!! I have put this in my Firefox bookmarks for future help in adding tracks into my previous build game. really appreciate your help!  :D

Purple44

What I want to say mostly is that we cant always like what they devs does, I will never accept the name "wreckfest" becuse of all the *CENSUR* trolls and that many who looking for a racing game wont even look to this game and just that is loss in player counts.

Agree we may not like some of Bugbear decisions, but now is the time to speak up if you think Bugbear is headed in the wrong direction. Speaking up after final release is to late.  :P

You might change Bugbear mind and community may be split on what direction we want Bugbear to go on something. But at least we get to have our say here in the forum and Bugbear can make an informed decision.

Me, I was happy with the name Wreckfest, just one race online on the Speedway 1 with 24 players, what a Wreckfest back in Oct 2014!!  :D :D At least players buying Wreckfest go in with their eyes open, it can get rough out there!! No complaining allow in a figure 8 race.  :P

But I worry if most the tracks turn into guardrails with spectators, Wreckfest is going to lose some appeal for us Flatout fans.  :(

Wreckfest need a variety of tracks and was headed that way until Sandpit 1 and Tarmac 1 were made "safe".

Thank you Purple!!!! I have put this in my Firefox bookmarks for future help in adding tracks into my previous build game. really appreciate your help!  :D

But I got to thinking at work, putting the new tracks into a Build older than the June Build release, probably not going find the objects and the textures they want. Since June Build change where some the textures are located. I see new track folders \fields, \forest and \sandpit have a \textures folder. Going have copy these texture folders over to your \mods\new tracks\ folder and but under the correct folder structure.

BenDover

Me, I was happy with the name Wreckfest, just one race online on the Speedway 1 with 24 players, what a Wreckfest back in Oct 2014!!  :D :D At least players buying Wreckfest go in with their eyes open, it can get rough out there!! No complaining allow in a figure 8 race.  :P

I guess you are, but like I said, ppl who looking for racing might not be looking this way and thats also a miss opportunity to get more player in becuse racing in this game are awesome. This was like just going one way...

Banditopeep

Just got around to playing it since hotfix 3 and i have to say im really confused as to why they have done this.  Tarmac 1 had alot of charm being a great place to pin some one into a tree.  The fun has left this track, i used to enjoy reverse racing and launching off the hill on the right.  You are right to point this out!.  Not part of the subject but i found the handling is out of control again, cars are spinning out left right and centre.  I used to drive with all aids off but now the car steps out even on the straights, its got the handling of an exotic sports car if you floor it.  Always with the changes and what not!...

It looked more polished day one.