Author Topic: Open world maps with/for special gaming modes  (Read 208 times)

Zeeeeeek

do anyone know 1nsane from Codemasters?

I loved to play this game a very long time. This game also had physic based collisions. Every track was an open world, which repeated itself seamlessly, when the player reaches the border of the map. It gave me the feeling of an endless (repeating) world, no matter in which direction the player is driving.
1nsane had a bunch of action-packed playmodes.
The following three of them were the standard modes but I loved these the most :)

- Gate Hunt -

Subject is to drive through numerous in the world placed gates first, before one of the other opponents reaches the gate before the player. The order, which gate has to be passed next is always given randomly. Every time someone reaches a gate, gets a point, and the gate deactivates. A Checkpoint leads then to the next gate, which has the next point for the one, who passes through first.
The player wins, who has reached a specific number of points e.g. 10 Points.
I loved this mode! It is very funny and chaotic, when there are a lot of ramps and obstacles around on the world and players are coming close from every direction, trying to reach the next gate :3

- Get the flag -

Similiar to Capture the flag, but still different.
At the start a flag is placed randomly in the world. When the flag gets captured by a player, the flag get mounted on the cars chassis, and the player has to flee from every other opponent. While the flagrunner has the flag, his car will slowed down a bit. While he has the flag, he earns continuously points. He can try to just run away or to reach more bonuspoints, he can pass throug a randomly activated gate (just like in Gate Hunt).
The Opponents has to chase him. If someone touches or hit the flagrunner, the flag immediately gets mounted on the hitter and he has now to run away, earn points by passing through specific gates or just by fleeing, until he reaches a set amount of points.

- Destruction Zone -

Just, like in the arena. Bash the enemys to get points. There are some "X"-Crosses marked around on the world. And (just like in Gate Hunt) only one cross is active. If someone drives over that active cross and just chill on that place, he gets continuously points, instead of ramming other players. But the Crosses has a limited stack of points and every other player tries to stay on the middle of that cross. The players are fighting for this cross, to earn points faster. After the cross is sucked empty, another cross activates somewhere on the map. And of course, the one with the most points at the end of the time or the one who reaches the maximum amount of points, wins.

What do you think about this suggestion?
It's of course a lot different, than Wreckfest's state is right now. But it would be really great, if at least one of these mods will make it into this game with some nice open world tracks.

please forgive me for my bad english. I dont speak that much english in germany :P

greetings
Zeeeeeek

P.S.
Every picture was captured by myself in this game and uploaded on pic-upload.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 02:54:53 PM by Zeeeeeek »
eat or die

Finsku

Regarding this question, how big maps Wreckfest supports?
Make big area with different roads, different tracks has multiple roads what AIs could use to drive. Also AI paths could be across fields and forests.<

Maybe mod support for game modes would be nice, players could create own gamemodes for game  :o

Purple44

Regarding this question, how big maps Wreckfest supports?
Make big area with different roads, different tracks has multiple roads what AIs could use to drive. Also AI paths could be across fields and forests.<

Maybe mod support for game modes would be nice, players could create own gamemodes for game  :o

But right now, don't think it possible to make your own custom gamemode in Wreckfest. Unless the new Build made some changes.

Capture the flag gamemode is always good. :)

I would like see Bugbear give us a finish version of Tag we unlock in Flatout 2, but mode was unstable, could lock up host after a match.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel