Author Topic: I want Mario Kart style rubberbanding!!! PLLEEAAASE  (Read 774 times)

dgrams2003

At least make it an Option to turn on/off.

If I play a 6 lap race and start out in the back.. its impossible to make it up front... Well almost.

I would love a back and forth game.

At least a single player option would make a Whole Different game... 
Let the guys way in back have a little more power.

Unrealistic.. yeah.. but lets make the game fun.
(Let the hate responses start!)
PC Specs: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 740 Quad Core Processor 3.2 GHz - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
 - 8.00 GB RAM - Windows 7 64 Bit - Xbox 360 Controller and Thrustmaster FERRARI Red Legend Racing Wheel

TheEngiGuy

There will be different difficulty options to choose from, eventuallly.

Jallu0312

I have always hated rubberbanding! I cant see it coming to wreckfest cause there arent many people who wants it, I could imagine you being the only one. NO HATE, its your opinion... But wreckfest will have many difficulty settings so...

ps. I have never had a problem with not getting from last to first, maybe you have too short races?

Tonza

It would be nice to have as an option to be honest, to keep dirty races smashy amd thrilling

eje005

Ehhhhhhhh I dunno.  I see your point, but I would presume the AI ought to just be more competent rather than get a OP bonus for being in the back.

Here's the problem that I have with rubberbanding in a game that has at least slightly more sim mechanics than Mario Kart.

When you boost power to the car you only change the profile in which it drives.  Go drive the AM4 fully upgraded with no assists if you think more power is more faster.  People in class B cars can beat Class A cars on a lot of these tracks.

FalconXY

It would be nice to have as an option to be honest, to keep dirty races smashy amd thrilling

1st: I don't like rubberbanding. I like it how it is now. It's harder to get to the car in front.
But Tonza is right. When I want to smash I will be last very soon.

That's why I would like a mode which goal is not only racing as fast as you can (boring for me). I want more challenging: hit the other and turn them to earn points.

So when that's the goal no rubberbanding is needed.

Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

dgrams2003

Just an option... that is all I am asking.   If there can be a way to turn it off.. then great.
I don't do races more than 4 to 6 laps...  (8 to 10 if it is a figure 8)

That is why I may not advance too far (unless I can take advantage of other large crashes)

I don't want 15min races... I like 5-7min races

Anyways...

I like the way it is, but would love an option for it.
PC Specs: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 740 Quad Core Processor 3.2 GHz - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
 - 8.00 GB RAM - Windows 7 64 Bit - Xbox 360 Controller and Thrustmaster FERRARI Red Legend Racing Wheel

Majatek

What you want is "fuller" contact racing. :P

Basically combine the derby mode anti-sandbagging countdown timer (that counts the time until you're REQUIRED to hit someone) with a traditional race mode, and then tweak the AI so that it's more concerned with hitting each other than going for first place. If you're in last place, the countdown timer would disable itself (so that if you spin out, you're not unfairly DNF'd as you'd need to get back to the pack), but if you're in first place, then the countdown timer would be constantly T-minus something seconds before you're disqualified. This means that the mechanics of the game mode would naturally force players to be in the same cluster of vehicles rather than falling behind/ahead. The game-win event/condition would be reaching a certain amount of destruction (both track and opponent-wise), meaning the more mess you make, the more likely you'll win!

Rubberbanding would make sense in such a game mode, leaving other race-oriented game modes free from unfair first/last place dragging/boosting.
YouTube - Twitter

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPbRnpxjmm8

Having problems with purchasing NCG? Contact support@bugbear.fi

I moderate forums & break games