Author Topic: GoKart Plus  (Read 3644 times)

Purple44

I'm starting new thread for my GoKart Raceway Plus mod I'm starting to work on. I got update my GoKart Raceway mod for the new June Build and decided I want to add some extra stuff to mod before I release update.

I got the OK to add some the old tracks that been deleted or changed:

Where the H*** did Tarmac 3 Mixed track go in June Build?

Mixed layout was scrapped since we need to allocate our resources, as you know the track was in early stages and finalizing it would have required a lot of time and effort.

Thanks for reply Janne. Track was fine the way it is, don't need any more dressing, but I understand. A lot us online don't need the eye candy, just fun track to race on!!  :P

Janne, would it be OK for me to add old Tarmac 1, Tarmac 3 mixed, old Sandpit 1 and the old Gravel 1 track( if I get it working with new Build ) to my Gokart mod? Please.  :)

Sure you can add them, no problem :)

Yes I definitely understand what you mean regarding the track from the visual point of view, but given that we're looking for a broad audience on both PC and consoles just making track playable is not going to cut it, the tracks need to be detailed and visually impressive and that takes time. Even the more polished tracks that we have now will need quite a bit of additional work so you can see how we need to be very selective before committing.

First track I tried to get working is the old Gravel 1 track. The new Gravel track I have grown to like, but the old Gravel track was little more dangerous:

Sorry guys, it seem getting the whole track to load not going to happen.  :(  I found the cutter and object01 crash the old gravel track when loaded in the new Build:

If I delete the cutter and object01 objects ( each object was about 2 MB, deleting these 2 objects took 4 MB out of 12 MB scne file ), I got the base Gravel track to load, but track has big hole in it!  :(

The cars fall through this hole. If there no why to fix these two objects, no old Gravel 1 track.

Here some the other things I want to add:

With the Gokart mod, I want to add some extra stuff, like tracks Bugbear has deleted!! And 5 car wide starts, forward and reverse on Mixed 1. :)

So when I host GoKart mod, I will have some tracks we not use racing on when hosting stock Wreckfest.  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0NgnBj4QZQ&t=323s

I also should make a new Tarmac 3 track. There were a few suggestions in this pic:

All the Banes and main track are raced in real life.

So a lot of alternate routes are available and then some more.

Bane 3 look interesting. :)

Got and idea for the new Dirt oval track, Dirt ******** and want add the Speedway Oval suicide track I was working on, but had turn it into a derby arena for Cobs and Robbers since backward alt route did not work for suicide race ( can you find that secret platform ).

Also want add my GRID 1 style fig 8 track to the GoKart mod. Going be awhile before I get back to working on my Fig 8 pack, since after getting GoKart mod ready, then got fix Suicide and Cops And Robbers mod and get them re-uploaded.

And I may doctor up some the other stock tracks and add them to the mod ( beware of what I might do to Crash Canyon! ).  ;)

And Zeb maybe adding some extra content to the mod.  :D

Edit: Crash Canyon Blasting Zone

Edit: Mix - Nukem and pile ****

Tarmac 1 - fig 8 the dirt road and do a track going over the bridge
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 05:19:59 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Zebulon55

If I delete the cutter and object01 objects ( each object was about 2 MB, deleting these 2 objects took 4 MB out of 12 MB scne file ), I got the base Gravel track to load, but track has big hole in it!  :(

The cars fall through this hole. If there no why to fix these two objects, no old Gravel 1 track.

Got and idea for the new Dirt oval track, Dirt ******** and want add the Speedway Oval suicide track I was working on, but had turn it into a derby arena for Cobs and Robbers since backward alt route did not work for suicide race ( can you find that secret platform ).

What are the cutter and object01?  Can't ya just put some barricades or explosives around the hole?

"Dirt ********"?  Is it something - yeah, you got it - DIRTY?   ;D

Purple44

What are the cutter and object01?  Can't ya just put some barricades or explosives around the hole?

"Dirt ********"?  Is it something - yeah, you got it - DIRTY?   ;D

Zeb, you did look at the pic? That one BIG hole in the map, bigger than the track. Cars fall through track at start of race. Even Flatout 2 did not have sinkholes that big!!  :P

Zebulon55

Zeb, you did look at the pic? That one BIG hole in the map, bigger than the track. Cars fall through track at start of race. Even Flatout 2 did not have sinkholes that big!!  :P

Duh!

I looked at the picture and saw the pink rectangular area near the track, and thought that was the hole. Didn't even realize the whole track surround area was sky. lol

Purple44

I decided to save me a lot of time and trouble, I'm going turn the April Build textures folder into a mod:

By enabling the textures_old mod with my gokart track mod, I was able to load the April version of valer.scne without any missing textures.

I'm not enable to load the Sept 2016 valer.scne ( crashes WF ), so now will have to add the custom objects I added in the old GoKart track to load in the new April version of valer.scne. I think I can just delete all the stock objects form the Sept 2016 valer.scne file until I just have my objects listed. Rename file and then point the April version of valer.scne file to file with my custom objects and I should get my GoKart track back.

I'm going need them old texture files for my Suicide and Cops & Robbers mod and maybe for some fig 8 tracks I got started on.

By uploading the April Build texture folder as a mod, I can use this mod for all 3 my track mods. So instead of having players download an extra 3 GB for each my 3 ( maybe 4 ) mods for an extra 6 GB if get all 3 my mods, you only have to give up 3 GB of hard drive space to load my 3 track mods.

And anybody else using old stock track files to make custom tracks, you could tell players to download the old textures mod to use with your track mod. Will upload the old textures mod when I'm ready to upload the GoKart Plus mod.

Purple44

Success.  :D

After couple hours getting the folders and files with the right name so Wreckfest would load Tarmac 3 track and make the call to my scne track file with my custom objects and not have the cars fall to their death. I got GoKart track to load.   :D

My original GoKart track crash the June Build ( had to delete the models objects ). So I use the April Build valer track file. Deleted the last 1200 some objects, then made a call to my old track file and loaded the last 1200 some objects in it, my custom objects mixed in with the stock objects.

Also the April Build had move things 100 points from where things were at, in the Build I use for the GoKart mod. Had to use z -100 when loading my old track file to get the cars to start in the right spot and objects to be in the right spot. Would of hated to have redo placing all my checkpoint rocks all over again!!

Now to fix reverse GoKart. Should go quicker now that I kinda know what I'm doing.  :P

Purple44

Success.  :D

Got reverse GoKart track working after a few debugging track. I thought getting the reverse GoKart track working again would go a little quicker than getting forward GoKart track did. But no, find I had 3 boulders that was crashing the rev GoKart track. GRR

Objects 111 and 112 look OK to me but until deleted these 2 and a third boulder object, track would not load. But the other 18 boulder rocks that mark my checkpoints loaded fine.

The prop_sandpit4_boulder3_black is not an object in the June Build object folder, so I loaded the prop_smallrock_01 from the June Build object folder to replace the boulders crashing the track.

Can someone tell me what file does the start camera position before you hit the enter key? I usually don't have to mess with this camera, but loading this track, camera under the map:

2 tracks down, now start adding the plus stuff.  :D

The Very End

The resultcamera object is the start camera itself, while the resultcamera_target is the point the camera focuses on. Usually they have animations, but it is not needed. Just copy the two mentioned objects from an allready excisting track, give them new cordinates and you should have it working :)
For trackside cameras / replay cameras the tcat files controll that.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 09:57:36 AM by The Very End »

Purple44

Thanks End.  :)

I went and stole the resultcamera file from June Build Tarmac 3. It started the camera where the Tarmac 3 race start. So I tweak the coordinates on line 3 until I got cam in a good enough spot.  :)

Purple44

New track idea. The big 8 a popular track race online. How about if we race oval fig 8 in reverse direction? Reverse direction feel about same as forward direction thou. Maybe the corners a tad different. But at the cross, you guys will get knock behind a different guardrail.  :)

OK, how about I throw in some chicanes to spice up the racing a little more?  :D

Now if your car is by itself, going through the chicanes should not be to tough. Where it get tricky is, you in the lead, second place guy trying make a pass and you are side by side as you go into the first chicane. Will second place guy race you cleanly through the chicanes? I would like be a spectator for that.  :)

Or there that wrecker you just caught up with and are now door to door going into the chicanes. You trust wrecker to race you cleanly through the chicanes or is that wrecker smiling with the thought of putting you into a chicane barrier?  I would like be a spectator for that one too!  ;)

Purple44

Bad news for bringing back the old Sandpit 1 track.  :( :(

After getting the old Sandpit 1 track to load, it missing most the track map. :) There was 6 objects I had delete out of the Models section to get track to load. The objects from the Subscenes are not being loaded doing this test.

Here the list of objects crashing Sandpit 1 old version ( tried both the Oct and Dec 2016 track file ):

a01
loft02
loft13
loft97
loft98
loft99

If Bugbear not kind enough to fix these objects to work in new Build, then old Sandpit 1 track is history and so is my Suicide tracks I spent a lot timing modding.  :(

Maybe someday I will give it another shot at making a suicide track on the new Sandpit 1 track.

With Gravel 1 and now Sandpit 1 going down in flames, I'm afraid I'm going run into the same problem with old Tarmac 1 since it a track that as old as the Gravel 1 track.  :(
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:03:46 PM by Purple44 »

Daystar

:-X Dam that really sucks Purple.. and you don't have a copy of the April 2017 (previous) build? I am still playing on that track. but it has some really bad areas (gaps) on the long track.  ::)

Purple44

Ya I got the April Build, but like you said, that when Sandpit 1 started getting screwed up. I guess I give April Build a try and see if I can get the whole track to load and maybe I can "fix" the holes.

Heddly

Just an idea but could you rename the parts that are crashing the game and use bagedit get them to work or bagedit to load those parts from the new build?

Purple44

Thought about seeing if I could use the new Build version, But the track map been totally redone. That why I wanted load the old sandpit 1 track. The racing on old track was a little more dangerous and then my Suicide tracks would still work.