Author Topic: GoKart Plus  (Read 3026 times)

Daystar

Purple I just found out today that I have a Nov. 2015 build of Wreckfest that I totally forgot about. maybe you could use something from me that I have?

Purple44

Going back even further in Build dates don't think that will make old Sandpit 1 track load with the new June Build.

I got to thinking at work sorting cherries, if I can't use the old track, I could use the new Sandpit 1 track and make track dangerous again by adding back the dump truck and loader and maybe a building or two to knock a player or AI into for a sudden stop.

And make an extreme version of Sandpit 1 with the hairpin turn. d**** from a****, b***** r***** and batter up. Your car might not finish the race!  ;)

Also checking out the new Sandpit 1 track, Bugbear change the route a bit on this old track:

I think I will change the new track back to the way the old track ran.

Also, I think someday after I get GoKart, Cops and Robbers and finish my Figure 8 pack mods, I will see about putting a couple of my suicide tracks onto the new Sandpit 1 track. But the Suicide BugBeer Run track, that one history sad to say.  :(

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 11:51:35 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

Going back even further in Build dates don't think that will make old Sandpit 1 track load with the new June Build.

I got to thinking at work sorting cherries, if I can't use the old track, I could use the new Sandpit 1 track and make track dangerous again by adding back the dump truck and loader and maybe a building or two to knock a player or AI into for a sudden stop.

And make an extreme version of Sandpit 1 with the hairpin turn. d**** from a****, b***** r***** and batter up. Your car might not finish the race!  ;)

Also checking out the new Sandpit 1 track, Bugbear change the route a bit on this old track:

I think I will change the new track back to the way the old track ran.

Also, I think someday after I get GoKart, Cops and Robbers and finish my Figure 8 pack mods, I will see about putting a couple of my suicide tracks onto the new Sandpit 1 track. But the Suicide BugBeer Run track, that one history sad to say.  :(

Sounds like a good plan Purple. 

Zebulon55

Hmmm... I assume that d**** from a**** is "death from above", but I can't think of anything for b***** r***** that isn't x-rated.

Please enlighten me.  :)

Edit/ Must be something really sick. My words "death from above" did not get censored.   :P

Purple44

Hmmm... I assume that d**** from a**** is "**************", but I can't think of anything for b***** r***** that isn't x-rated.

Edit/ Must be something really sick. My words "death from above" did not get censored.   :P

You weren't suppose to tell "them" what my reminders for me actually says!!  :P

RickyB

... but I can't think of anything for b***** r***** that isn't x-rated.

Does one * stand for one letter? If not maybe it's bombs raining. If it is one letter per * , I hope it's badass robots   ;D

Zebulon55

Hmmm... I assume that d**** from a**** is "**************", but I can't think of anything for b***** r***** that isn't x-rated.

Lol! You wrote using asterisks? I thought the forum censored something you wrote.

Must be "banger racing" then.  8^P.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Purple44

... but I can't think of anything for b***** r***** that isn't x-rated.

Does one * stand for one letter? If not maybe it's bombs raining. If it is one letter per * , I hope it's badass robots   ;D

Sorry Ricky, I not capable of doing badass robots. But these guys and gals are:  :D

Purple44

Finally some success, got Tarmac 1 track to load without any sink holes.  :D Track all there, just a couple barriers missing some textures.

The bridge is back:   :D

Found out the bridge one big object:

If want a bridge for your custom track here you go ( bridge without the 3 pillar objects )

Bridge with the 3 pillars being loaded:

Here the 4 files that make up the bridge:

Found prop_forest5_concretebridge01.scne with Bagedit, was looking for the 3 prop_forest5_concretebridge01_pillar objects and could not find them. So I guess the prop_forest5_concretebridge01.scne making a call to the 3 pillar files:

prop_forest5_concretebridge01.scne all I use to load the bridge onto the gokart track map in pics above.

I gather up the bridge files and their dntp files and put them into the proper folder structure and zip them up for anybody wants use the bridge in there custom track to download ( I hope I got all the files needed ). I will be trying to find a spot for tarmac 1 bridge in one my tracks someday.  :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/20ovjel4hqrw7xi/tarmac1_bridge_files.7z

Purple44

You know what really missing from the GoKart Plus mod? A gokart to race on the gokart track!

Heddly did a great gokart mod for Flatout 2 and he was thinking of taking his gokart and putting it in Wreckfest, but Heddly had hard time trying to figure out how to do car modeling in Blender. He use to using Zmodeler2.

There any car modder out there that like bring a gokart to Wreckfest?  :D

I'm sure Heddly be willing to give you a hand and maybe you could import Heddly FO2 gokart into Blender or 3D Max. You can PM Heddly here: http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php?action=profile;u=18

Purple44

Tramac 3 Mixed is back from the dead.    Had no problem loading April version of track with June Build. :)

I tighten up the checkpoints thanks to Mazay visualizer and the in-game track tool. Added some objects to discourage cheating of the track and cover sinkhole at far end of track.

Hopefully tomorrow I can checkout the present End sent me a couple days ago.  :D

Purple44

this is a link for test of gokart mod tonight, instructions to follow:

deleted
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 02:52:38 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Please put valer_custom_tarmac3 - Copy folder under mods folder after unpacking:

\Bugbear Entertainment\mods\valer_custom_tarmac3 - Copy\data

should look like that that, then enable mod. But got upload textures mod, hang on guys.

Edit: Thanks Zeb and Space for helping test track.  :D

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:56:56 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

I finish up tonight, the Oval 1 Figure 8 Long custom track that I tested Saturday night online with Zeb and Space ( sorry guys, no explosions ). Idea started out like this:

Track ended up like this:  :)

Here some video I took. First part of video I use a free cam to show you the AI. Second part is me racing the track and third part is the replay using spherical cam.

Decisions, decisions? Do I go left and squeeze between the 2 barriers or take jump ramp to the right? With a 4 wide start, 4 cars not going fit to the left or right!!  ;)

As you come around the oval to pit row ( and survive not getting hit by someone doing the second loop ), do I go left and open myself to getting T-bone from someone taking the jump ramp? Or do I take jump ramp and time it to hit the guy in front of me that decided to take the left route?  :D  You know what I would do!!!  :P

Zebulon55

I finish up tonight, the Oval 1 Figure 8 Long custom track that I tested Saturday night online with Zeb and Space ( sorry guys, no explosions ). Idea started out like this:

Track ended up like this:  :)

Here some video I took. First part of video I use a free cam to show you the AI. Second part is me racing the track and third part is the replay using spherical cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I23UDkQbVi4

Decisions, decisions? Do I go left and squeeze between the 2 barriers or take jump ramp to the right? With a 4 wide start, 4 cars not going fit to the left or right!!  ;)

As you come around the oval to pit row ( and survive not getting hit by someone doing the second loop ), do I go left and open myself to getting T-bone from someone taking the jump ramp? Or do I take jump ramp and time it to hit the guy in front of me that decided to take the left route?  :D  You know what I would do!!!  :P

It's not finished if there's no explosions.  >:D

Was seeing the ai pile up a bit after taking the jump in the loop. Think they'd be better if they took the left lane for the loop and take the jump before continuing on with the lap? They'd cross paths a bit more that way too. :o  :P   

Yes, I know this track wasn't really made for ai/single play, but it looks like the ai do pretty well.

Ka-boom!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk