Author Topic: GoKart Plus  (Read 3027 times)

Zebulon55

Oh, yeah! The track's not pink? WTF?

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Purple44

It's not finished if there's no explosions.  >:D

OK, OK, I added one explosion on a random timer of 60-110 seconds. About the end of first lap and about the start of third lap, blast could go off:   :D

The blast does help clear a log jam.  :P

But adding the explosion cause my FPS to drop from 60 to 7 FPS. The red and white concrete barriers fall apart into many pieces, I think that what causes the big drop in FPS. So I replace most the concrete barriers that are in the blast zone with some log piles that do not fall apart. Now FPS only dropping into the 30s.

Was seeing the ai pile up a bit after taking the jump in the loop. Think they'd be better if they took the left lane for the loop and take the jump before continuing on with the lap? They'd cross paths a bit more that way too. :o  :P   

Yes, I know this track wasn't really made for ai/single play, but it looks like the ai do pretty well.

Ka-boom!

I like your idea Zeb but was worry the game might not like me crossing all them race lines. But made a backup of track file and gave it a try. Did not have tweak the AI sectors, just needed to tweak the safe borders and raceline borders:

Track seem stable and AI are not getting lost most of the time. Even start of race goes mostly ok, unless AI in the 3rd row. Row 1 and 2 head for the ramp and surprising row 4 goes left of the barriers and make a clean start. But row 3 end up hitting the barriers and bouncing off.

I did make jump a little wider and move the 2 barriers in a bit to give more room for the AI get through.

And I remember to but in the trailer jump ramps so you don't get stuck if get knock over the rails.  :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Zebulon55

It's not finished if there's no explosions.  >:D

OK, OK, I added one explosion on a random timer of 60-110 seconds. About the end of first lap and about the start of third lap, blast could go off:   :D

The blast does help clear a log jam.  :P

But adding the explosion cause my FPS to drop from 60 to 7 FPS. The red and white concrete barriers fall apart into many pieces, I think that what causes the big drop in FPS. So I replace most the concrete barriers that are in the blast zone with some log piles that do not fall apart. Now FPS only dropping into the 30s.

LOL. No big deal; the "must have explosions! Ka-boom!" thing is just a running gag for me. If they don't make sense or kill framerates, best to forego them.
One thought, though - is there a "winner cross the finish line" trigger? That way any explosion would only affect those going around the loop at the end, not the leaders. Kind of like the fat lady sings at the end of the race.  :)

Was seeing the ai pile up a bit after taking the jump in the loop. Think they'd be better if they took the left lane for the loop and take the jump before continuing on with the lap? They'd cross paths a bit more that way too. :o  :P   

Yes, I know this track wasn't really made for ai/single play, but it looks like the ai do pretty well.

Ka-boom!

I like your idea Zeb but was worry the game might not like me crossing all them race lines. But made a backup of track file and gave it a try. Did not have tweak the AI sectors, just needed to tweak the safe borders and raceline borders:

Track seem stable and AI are not getting lost most of the time. Even start of race goes mostly ok, unless AI in the 3rd row. Row 1 and 2 head for the ramp and surprising row 4 goes left of the barriers and make a clean start. But row 3 end up hitting the barriers and bouncing off.

I did make jump a little wider and move the 2 barriers in a bit to give more room for the AI get through.

And I remember to but in the trailer jump ramps so you don't get stuck if get knock over the rails.  :)

Oh - I just realized that the four lane start goes straight to turn 1, so maybe that's why the lines were set up to jump the ramp before turning around the loop. Curious what would happen for a bottleneck if 4-wide start went around the loop first? (i.e. - the loop is at the beginning of the lap, and a straight dash to the finish line at the end) Maybe because of loop or start/finish line checkpoint restrictions that can't be done anyway. Looks like your start/finish line is just before the ramp?

I just want to see some of those good old "jump the ramp with speed/hit the other guy turning right into the loop" kind of t-bones, but I guess we'll see that with the human players anyway, so it doesn't matter so much what the ai does.

Thanks for the ramps; nobody likes to be stuck in the playpens with the resets off and several laps to go.

Purple44

On the timer, can set a certain time, 124 seconds, then boom or a random time period when boom will happen somewhere in that time. How long it take to finish a race is going to vary each race. So don't think possible to setup a boom at finish unless I were set up a way to trigger a boom. But once players figure out the trigger, they won't wait until the race over!  :P

Ya finish line just before the ramp, but don't have take ramp to finish, can go left side. Finish line across pit row:

Watching the AI, they get some good T-bones in and if got there speed on, they jumping over cars.

With humans, you get to decide when coming up on first turn around pit guardrail, do I take "safe", smoother route and go left around the 2 barriers? But if you know purple right behind you and you in 1st and he hunting the leader, do you risk going left??

Or take the jump instead and risk a bad landing and maybe purple rearending you?

Purple44

End, did you see the PM I sent today?

The Very End

Ah yeah, sorry :) Due to the moving my computer is not set up yet, and all I got is a Windows phone which cannot see the image you posted hehe. Will sort it out when computer is rigged again :)

Purple44

Ah yeah, sorry :) Due to the moving my computer is not set up yet, and all I got is a Windows phone which cannot see the image you posted hehe. Will sort it out when computer is rigged again :)

Hi, PM sent.  :)

Purple44

Here a peek at the new track I'm working on. Wanted to do a track where the players go over the bridge in the old Tarmac 1 track:

I had to cut down a few trees so you guys could see where ya going.  :P Here what the track route look like:

I will warn ya, offroad, can get a little bumpy out there.  ;)

Purple44

Got some video of new video of Tarmac 1 Bridge track:

First part of video is of my car, second part is the replay using the spherical cam.

Here what the aisectors look like. Was able to use the aisectors from Tarmac 1 rev for about half the track. :)

I did run into some trouble doing the startpoints thou. I wanted to start the cars on the bridge. Wreckfest did not like me starting the cars on top of an object like the bridge, it crash the game!! If I started car in middle section of bridge where there a solid hill under the bridge, no crash. But middle section there not enough room for 24 cars.

In pic above, I tried start the cars before the bridge and that was crashing the game too. Had to start car by the rocks at far end of track, for game not crash.

So I ended up putting the cars after the bridge ( 6 wide ) where they turn to the finish line at the jump.

Purple44

Tonight I got started on making Sandpit 1 hairpin track a little more dangerous again. If you read the Sandpit 1 has lost it "Flatout spirit" it had before the make over in new June Build! thread, you know I was not happy with Bugbear removing some the hills from Sandpit 1 hairpin track.

If you got out of control around these hills ( or you got some help getting car out of control  :P ). your car could end up airborne. And if you like treating the AI roughly, the hills were a good spot to do it!!  ;D

For the Gokart Plus mod, I wanted to add some hills back on to the track. Make track a little more dangerous. But were do I get some hills to put on the track? Was thinking of asking a modder to make me some. But last Saturday racing online, I was spectating a race on Sandpit 2 and notice a player jumping off sand piles, and taking a closer look, it look like some them sand piles were objects on the track.  :o

When I got a chance take a look at Sandpit 2 base file, I did not find any sand pile objects in the subscenes section. Then took a look in the Models section and found 91 sand pile objects. :)

I figure I did not need all 91 sand piles, so I look for sand piles that had x or z of 10 or higher. Found 9 of them. But these objects not in a single object scne file. So how was I going get to use them?

Lucky for me, I had been talking to End and he suggested I delete all the stuff in Models section except the one object I wanted. I had did this already with some of End objects, so was ready try it with the Sandpit 2 track.

After deleting all but 1 sand pile, I needed to change x,y,z on line 3 to 0, so when using object on another track map, object show up where you expect it too. Then do a save and then rename base file to the new object name, sand_piles_v2_007.

When I got all the sand pile objects that I wanted save out as single objects, I loaded them on to my barren Tarmac 2 track map so I could see them and test them with my car.

Now that I got me some sand piles objects to use, I needed to get June version of Sandpit 1 and the sand piles to load in Stuntfest so I could rotate the sand pile objects. Unfortunately, at least 1 the pine trees and 1 the spruce trees was crashing Stuntfrest and then I found out the terrain object was crashing Stuntfest too. :(

So this what I got to load in Stuntfest:

I'm missing a big chunk of track map. But I had enough of the track showing up, I was able to place objects near where I want them and did some fine tweaking in Wreckfest using the in-game free roaming camera.

The sand piles showed up a little on the bushy side in Stuntfest.

Here what the sand piles look like in Wreckfest:

I can tell ya from my testing, all 3 objects will launch your car.  :D

Purple44

Here a flyby video of reworked Sandpit 1 Long Loop Rev and Hairpin tracks. Video give you a look of some the stuff I added back into Sandpit 1 tracks, that Bugbear removed to make tracks "safer". Also added the jog back in for the Sandpit 1 Long Loop tracks and removed some guardrails I thought were in the way.

Backhoes, loaders and dump trucks are back, along with a few well place rocks and hills. :)

You will see some placeholder signs. Zeb working on some new ones for the Sandpit tracks.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:17:35 AM by Purple44 »

Daystar

Here a flyby video of reworked Sandpit 1 Long Loop Rev and Hairpin tracks. Video give you a look of some the stuff I added back into Sandpit 1 tracks, that Bugbear removed to make tracks "safer". Also added the jog back in for the Sandpit 1 Long Loop tracks and removed some guardrails I thought were in the way.

Backhoes, loaders and dump trucks are back, along with a few well place rocks and hills. :)

You will see some placeholder signs. Zeb working on some new ones for the Sandpit tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgQ7eL6bbxQ

Epic track modding Purple! really impressed. so how will I be able to play this with the previous build of the game? what directories do I need to add or delete? and where do I put the textures?
so pissed off that BB had to go and screw with directory paths.. ughhh CanyonX and Trackfest I cannot get to work in previous build. but thank god I got The Very Track pack & Demolition Derby to work with previous build. and I made back ups of Additional Parts and various other essential mods before the authors updated their mods.  Cheers Purp!

Purple44

Epic track modding Purple! really impressed. so how will I be able to play this with the previous build of the game? what directories do I need to add or delete? and where do I put the textures?
so pissed off that BB had to go and screw with directory paths.. ughhh CanyonX and Trackfest I cannot get to work in previous build. but thank god I got The Very Track pack & Demolition Derby to work with previous build. and I made back ups of Additional Parts and various other essential mods before the authors updated their mods.  Cheers Purp!

When Gokart Plus get release late next week, guess you can download mod and you may not need the old textures mod if using an older Build and see what tracks load.

But the Sandpit 1 tracks I'm redoing are using the current Sandpit 1 base file, this June file may crash an old Build.

I been making the GoKart plus mod so it run again in the June Build, so doubt new version of mod going run well in old Builds and the way the new menu folders work, may not work with the old Builds.

Now if have the old copies of GoKart Raceway, Cops and Robbers and the Suicide pack, they should run with the older Builds. I have not updated these Workshop mods yet.

Daystar

When Gokart Plus get release late next week, guess you can download mod and you may not need the old textures mod if using an older Build and see what tracks load.

But the Sandpit 1 tracks I'm redoing are using the current Sandpit 1 base file, this June file may crash an old Build.

I been making the GoKart plus mod so it run again in the June Build, so doubt new version of mod going run well in old Builds and the way the new menu folders work, may not work with the old Builds.

Now if have the old copies of GoKart Raceway, Cops and Robbers and the Suicide pack, they should run with the older Builds. I have not updated these Workshop mods yet.

Thanks for the reply Purple. and do you have the id Numbers for the 3 mods you mentioned. please. this way I can go and archive them up right away, and unzip them into my older /mods directory :)

Purple44

This what Bagedit show me:

GoKart Raceway - 690281205

Suicide pack - 806300441

Cops & Robbers v2 - 749805286