Author Topic: GoKart Plus  (Read 3460 times)

Purple44

Trying to get Gokart mod finish up to upload Friday for a test. End, your special objects you made for me are working well and doing what I want them to do on the Sandpit 1 Extreme track.  :D :D

And thanks for the static flat rock, it working well now, End!  :D

Zeb been busy working his tail off this week getting new signs done for the Sandpit 1 Extreme track and getting the custom skins we want add to the GoKart mod, ready. Thanks Zeb for all your hard work on this!!  :D

The Batman skin will be one of Zeb custom skins in the mod and Vin Petrol gave me the OK to pick some of his custom skins from his PRO SERIES SKIN PACK:D

If around Friday night, pacific time, look for my post that a GoKart Raceway Plus host\server is up. Will need a B class car, especially a euro 2 II.

In downgrading my AM5 to a more controllable B class car by going with less powerful engine, then putting back on the racing parts, I made it to racing camshaft before AM5 jump to A class.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

The falling outhouses for Sandpit 1 Extreme are out. Wreckfest don't like me running to many different timers. Adding 3rd timer for a straw bale to explode, made some straw bales not explode.  :(

Purple44

Here a look at the 3wheeler that STRmods did as part of this mod, European 1 Custom and was kind enough to send the car files my way to add to the GoKart Raceway Plus mod. Big thanks STRmods for the car!  :D :D

The 3 wheeler will be in the final version of Gokart mod when I upload it late, late tonight.

Purple44

Now that you guys got a chance to tryout the Sandpit 1 Extreme track, I can tell you the special objects End was so kind to make for me. Dynamic rocks, rocks that move. 

Since Bugbear did such a nice job with the cliffs and rocks in the redone Sandpit 1, I got the idea that that Sandpit 1 needed a blast zone where rocks would go flying. To make that happen I needed some rocks that would move when my straw bales explode. I got in touch with End and he siad he do it. :)

I ask for a variety of rocks from huge to small.

I also came across End's meteors in the Valley of the Damned derby pit in the Very Trackpack.

So I got permission from End to use his meteors in the Sandpit 1 Extreme track and today was able to isolate an object to one meteor and place this meteor around the track. So now there a second wave of meteors that will drop after the first wave is done. :)

Also adding some gas bottle rockets, but I packed too much TNT into this rocket I tested:

Jump to 31:44 to see Extreme track before today tweaks:

Edit: I also went and replace all the prop_sandpit4_boulder3_black with the prop_smallrock_01 rock. I hope this will stop the 2 gokart track from crashing online. I hope to upload an update to the GoKart Raceway Plus mod early Sunday and do an online test Sunday evening at 6:00pm pacific time.

Make that "I hope to upload an update to the GoKart Raceway Plus mod early Monday and do an online test Monday evening at 6:00pm pacific time".  Hope you guys back from your Labor Day weekend.  :P

Got reverse GoKart track working after a few debugging track. I thought getting the reverse GoKart track working again would go a little quicker than getting forward GoKart track did. But no, find I had 3 boulders that was crashing the rev GoKart track. GRR

Objects 111 and 112 look OK to me but until deleted these 2 and a third boulder object, track would not load. But the other 18 boulder rocks that mark my checkpoints loaded fine.

The prop_sandpit4_boulder3_black is not an object in the June Build object folder, so I loaded the prop_smallrock_01 from the June Build object folder to replace the boulders crashing the track.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 05:09:57 AM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Added some rocket launchers for Zeb have some fun with, to the Sandpit 1 Extreme tracks:

I uploaded a new update to the Gokart Raceway Plus mod today. Here the change log:

I replace the old rocks used in the gokart tracks with newer rocks that the June Build uses. I hope this will stop the gokart tracks from crashing online.

Added some new stuff to the Sandpit 1 Extreme tracks to make them a little more extreme. Gas bottle rockets anybody? :P

Added my GRID Oval 2 Figure 8 track. :)

In testing, found online bots using STR 3 wheeler were shooting to the moon. Maybe happen offline too. So when adding bots online, kick any bot using the 3 wheeler.

But when you use the AI Set - 3 WHeelers (STRmods) option, the AI race with the Reliant Robin just fine. No 3 wheeler shooting to the moon.  :)

Going start a Mod Share thread for the gokart plus mod. Will post link here when done.