Author Topic: PS4/X1 Update Please  (Read 1444 times)

Telekill

Hello BugBear.

I backed the PS4 version far later than most here have been backers (only a few months ago) but I've been seeing many different updates continually push the console version from release. Almost all the updates I've read have been about the tweaks to the PC demo that is currently out on Steam. My PC is horrible so it's not very playable on mine. I think I saw somewhere from two months ago that the PS4 version was running but having to go through a test and check phase before being released on PS4.

I've seen early Spring 2017 release. I've seen early Summer 2017 release. We're now in mid July so both of those marks have past.

Can we please have a console update on where the game stands? What is the possible release date? If it's going to take until Christmas this year or Spring next year, just let us know. I'd rather of a realistic release window than optimistic ideals that keep getting pushed back.

Thanks for your time.

Purple44

From Bugbear twitter:  https://twitter.com/bugbeargames/with_replies

Jeff Burrill? @burrill20 Jul 13

@bugbeargames whats the deal with wreckfest for the ps4?? Im beginning to think its a scam..... :-(

BugbearEntertainment? @bugbeargames
Replying to @burrill20

It will be released next winter, early 2018.
7:44 AM - 13 Jul 2017

Not much for details about consoles versions has been posted. But before console versions can get release, PC version got get finish. Back in Dec Bugbear site had said a spring release for PC versions. But seem now Bugbear doing some extra stuff get Wreckfest ready for release. Now it looking more like a Dec 2017 release if Bugbear can get PC version finish with what they want to do.

Mixed layout was scrapped since we need to allocate our resources, as you know the track was in early stages and finalizing it would have required a lot of time and effort.

Thanks for reply Janne. Track was fine the way it is, don't need any more dressing, but I understand. A lot us online don't need the eye candy, just fun track to race on!!  :P

Janne, would it be OK for me to add old Tarmac 1, Tarmac 3 mixed, old Sandpit 1 and the old Gravel 1 track( if I get it working with new Build ) to my Gokart mod? Please.  :)

Sure you can add them, no problem :)

Yes I definitely understand what you mean regarding the track from the visual point of view, but given that we're looking for a broad audience on both PC and consoles just making track playable is not going to cut it, the tracks need to be detailed and visually impressive and that takes time. Even the more polished tracks that we have now will need quite a bit of additional work so you can see how we need to be very selective before committing.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

RexDarr

Q4 2017/ Q1 2018
I ordered the Xbox one version last January. Back when they said it would be released in summer 2017. Still excited and holding my breath
Rex Darr - Bass Guitar

Yohana

I like your information a lot.