Author Topic: Install several visual parts at same time not working  (Read 276 times)

The Very End

Hey!

So, is it possible to install several visual parts at same time? In my example I have 8 different small parts named window_bar#part0 - 8, but I cannot install them all at same time. In the part file the one item listed on the bottom of the list on the install visual part is the one that is added. I know it's because of the identifiers etc, but would it be possible in future to support several addition in same visual file? As of now I will either have to make several files across the various categories to get the thing I want in game properly, or I must mash them together into same mesh / model which is not ideal either.

sam223

You can add/remove multiple pieces at once. But you have to make combinations of parts, if you want to add more than one at once. e.g in game option 'add 1 part' =  install part_0 , in game option 'add 2 parts' = install part_0,part_1 etc etc
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Not sure if I follow sorry, but how you add say 3 different bumpers at same time? In the bumper part file I have tried to have 3 entities listed in the install part section with right names, and I have also tried having one entity separated by a comma: part_somethig_0, part_something_1 , but neither seem to work for me.

Or you mean dividing that said bumpers into different part sections? Like, window bar installs one, bumper installs one and spoiler instals one etc? That is what I do now, but it is not ideal and makes the part section a bit of a mess :)

sam223

Its a replace system not a additions system. So you can have many parts added at once. But you have to add them all at once.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 03:52:24 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

The Very End

Nice, but that does not work for me hehe :p
It will only, regardless of naming and type fit the last one on the list. Unless I misunderstood?

Or, edit, how would I go about by adding four different window_bar at same time? They are all named right, and by default they are not visually active before I chose that one customable part in garage. When I do that only the last one on list shows, e.g window_bar_3 (4).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 05:53:58 PM by The Very End »

sam223

If you wanted to enabled 4 different window bars at once you would name them

windowbar_a#part0
windowbar_b#part0
windowbar_c#part0
windowbar_d#part0

then have all 4 in the install part section of 1 .vewb

The Very End

Ahhh! Nice, didn't know that. Will try it later, thanks a lot :)

Edit: Worked flawlessly, thanks again!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 07:14:12 PM by The Very End »