Author Topic: Can we get used assists indicator in MP?  (Read 278 times)

Snoopy

It is very frustrating comparing times with other online players and not knowing who uses and what assists. Can we get some icons showing who's got what enabled?

Purple44

It is very frustrating comparing times with other online players and not knowing who uses and what assists. Can we get some icons showing who's got what enabled?

I have ask for something like this. When in the online lobby, have an indicator that show if player is using assists or not.

True, it may restrict some people using assist from using them in a certain server. But the alternative (editing the files and making a mod of it) will equally restrict certain players from certain servers.

Absolutely, that's the other side of the coin and we will have the weight the ups and downs of each approach. Can't really say for sure yet.

If not a host option to turn off assists ( turning off assists would be hard on KB players ), how about players get a NA symbol next to their name in the lobby and results screen? So to get some credit for going with no assists. And add a little peer pressure to go with no assists.

Looking forward to the new Build. Hoping it will be easier to flip cars back over now with new Build.

Janne, any word on if we will every get a 5 second delay reset option for races online? I would like to have reset enable on tracks that are not oval or figure 8 tracks, so players can get back into race after paying a 5 second penalty to get back on the track after getting put on roof or side or get stuck somewhere.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mopower

Don't know about all that 5 second reset delay, (should just turn em off)

but forcing assists off is something I've been asking for the ability to turn assists off for a while now. Even though it could "split the player base."

Should be able to have the options we want because I don't think hardly anyone can compete as well when running assists vs no assists.
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

CFodder

Well you can, assists on slows the cars down I believe and I know plenty of people who beat those with assists on with monotonous regularity.

KB players are particularly disadvantaged to be competitive from what I've seen and read, how about we just get rid of the leaderboards. I know will result in some not being able to wave their e-peni but it will stop a lot of the bitching about assists and other things.

As an admin I do agree though to have the option whether you want them on your server or not, same as for resets and having a customisable time penalty/delay.

Purple44

Well you can, assists on slows the cars down I believe and I know plenty of people who beat those with assists on with monotonous regularity.

KB players are particularly disadvantaged to be competitive from what I've seen and read, how about we just get rid of the leaderboards. I know will result in some not being able to wave their e-peni but it will stop a lot of the bitching about assists and other things.

As an admin I do agree though to have the option whether you want them on your server or not, same as for resets and having a customisable time penalty/delay.

I got guys online telling me with the June Build, to turn on stability control to be able race with the A class cars and my wheel. I won't do it.

I use to be competitive online with no assists before June Build ( at least for 3rd place ), am not any more with A class cars, so I'm using B class AM 5 to have better control but can still lose it. But in those straightaways online, the A class guys, just sail on by. :(
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Snoopy

I was adamant I wouldn't use assists (except half abs), but I've had it. Car would randomly lose the back end (especially on canyon track) and a slight touch of the railing would flip or spin me. Not to mention contact with another player, with stability on, puts me at a disadvantage. After all what's the point of trying to race someone if there isn't a level playing field? Either we all have it on, or we all don't.