Author Topic: Client version different thank server.  (Read 276 times)

Snoopy

It's been like that for a couple of days on two separate PC's. Can't join a single server. All of 'em are even empty right now. Are you deliberately trying to kill the game?

Finsku

Your game is updated? Are you using mods?

Sometimes, even my game is updated and I don't use mods, game says client version is different and I can't join into my server. Sometimes it needs couple refreshes and sometimes I need to restart game.

Also check are your game files okay. Click Wreckfest in Steam > Properties > Local Files -tab > Verify integrity of game files:

Purple44

I also with the new June Build, been having to refresh the host list once or twice to get rid of the red Xs when I I'm stock.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

Yeah I also had this once so I would say this is a bug that happens pretty randomly.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Tonza

When the update hit, happened to me once. Restarted my game and hasn't happened since

RickyB

Happend to me, too. Refreshing server list or restarting game didn't work. Although nothing was selected in my modlist, I had to click on "Clear all" and restart. After that most servers (about 2/3 maybe?) did not have the red cross anymore. Agreeing with Jimmy, smells like a bug.

FalconXY

Happend to me, too. Refreshing server list or restarting game didn't work. Although nothing was selected in my modlist, I had to click on "Clear all" and restart. After that most servers (about 2/3 maybe?) did not have the red cross anymore. Agreeing with Jimmy, smells like a bug.

The same for me too. There are still servers with a red X (and they don't run mods) but I can join the other servers.
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

Orbotnive T

this happened before the update to me, needed a few refreshes to show the actual layout. Funny the quirks you take for granted when they're highlighted after.

Snoopy

Never had a mod, clean install on a couple of PC's. No refreshing or restarting fixes it.

Purple44

Never had a mod, clean install on a couple of PC's. No refreshing or restarting fixes it.

When you click the Mods button in main menu, you do not see any mods listed?

And you did the verify files? Just make sure you got all the stock files downloaded.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel