Author Topic: Saturday Night Mod(s)  (Read 11693 times)

Purple44

Just now got to thinking and I see one problem using Sam banger cars tonight, if your game crashes, you will have go rebuy your 2 banger cars and repick your car skin. Sorry for this, so make sure you note what banger cars you using ( and engine and tranny you picked ) and skin name.

One advantage of using Jwho server, if it crashes, it should not crash your game hopefully. And you will be able to just rejoin server without having restart your Wreckfest.

Quote from:  ASSASSIN  Devils Shadow #13A;1482109512313910334
Quote from: Purple44;1482109512313780914
Just now got to thinking and I see one problem using Sam banger cars tonight, if your game crashes, you will have go rebuy your 2 banger cars and repick your car skin. Sorry for this, so make sure you note what banger cars you using ( and engine and tranny you picked ) and skin name.

One advantage of using Jwho server, if it crashes, it should not crash your game hopefully. And you will be able to just rejoin server without having restart your Wreckfest.

You shouldnt have to purple

I been corrected.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:23:19 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

If been seeing pink silos on the Nevada Depot track, that now been fix after OLDr! Kylerean told me that he was seeing the pink silos. I forgot I put some of End's textures for the Nevada track into the old textures file mod.

I just update the old textures file mod a bit go, that got rid the pink silos for OLDr! Kylerean.  :)

Tonight Saturday Night Mods night go live in about 30 mins.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:25:48 AM by Purple44 »

Purple44

We ran into trouble trying join Jwho server with all 6 mods enabled. So we find these 4 mods that worked:

Mod(s):  Will need these 6 mods been change to 4 mods enable and listed in this order in Mods tab:  We run into troubles with players trying join with all 6 mods enabled. :(

Online Bangers: Wreckfest   -  give us a whole bunch of banger cars to use   :D

8-o-rama   -   nice enhancement of Wreckfest stock fig 8 tracks   :D

Old Wreckfest texture files   -   texture files needed for the old Tarmac 1 track

Figure 8 Track Pack - P44   -   some rough and tumble fig 8 tracks   

Purple44

Here the details for the next Saturday Night Mods night:

Host server:  Saturday Night Mod > semi-rough\clean

US server provided by jquitwho

Start time:  7:00pm pacific time\ 2:00 GMT start time,  10:00pm eastern, 3:00am London, Sun noon down-under    Saturday, Dec 9, 2017

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html

Mod(s):  Will need these mods enable and listed in this order in Mods tab:

Old Wreckfest texture files

GoKart Raceway Plus 

Password:   no password needed

TeamSpeak IP:  64.94.100.8:4120 provided by RaceClimb

Resets:   On if track is not an oval or figure 8 track. Please wait 5 seconds before using a reset if needed.

Will need B class or less cars for this event. No A class ( so we can have some closer, bumper to bumper racing online :) ), can use rentals if need a B class car or downgrade your A class car.

Also should setup a B class euro\asian car for some small car only races.

Should buy the 3 wheeler Euro 1 II  STRmods donated to the GoKart Plus mod, before joining server.  :D    Since right now, with the June Build, we can't swap parts online or buy cars.

Event could go 2-3 hours or maybe longer. Who knows!

Purple44

Bump, did a small update to Gokart mod, so if got slow download might want update your Wreckfest today.

Purple44

Event starting about 1 hour.

Purple44

End's Very TrackPack is next mod for next Saturday Night Mod(s) night, Saturday February 10. Details to follow.

Purple44

Here the details for the next Saturday Night Mod(s) event:

Host server:  Saturday Night Mod > semi-rough\clean

US server provided by jquitwho

Start time:  7:00pm pacific time\ 2:00 GMT start time,  10:00pm eastern, 3:00am London, Sunday noon down-under     Saturday, February 10, 2018

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html

Mod(s):  Will need these mods enable and listed in this order in Mods tab.

List the 1 mod in this order:  ( don't screw this up and get it backwards!  :P )

The Very TrackPack

Password:   no password needed

TeamSpeak IP:  64.94.100.8:4120 provided by RaceClimb

Resets:   On if track is not an oval or figure 8 track. Please wait 5 seconds before using a reset if needed.

Bring your favorite small car, muscle car and a derby car to event. Iwould like do some small car only races.

Should buy the cars you need before joining server, so you are ready to go. Remember you can tune your car from the lobby when we change tracks. 

Event could go 2-3 hours or maybe longer. Who knows!

Good chance Bugbear will release a new Build before Feb 10. I hope we will not see any issues with the new Build release.

There a lot tracks in End's Very TrackPack, if got a track you really like us to race, post it.

1: Kristiansand Raceway
2: Crash Alley
3: Simstox Showdown - Request and model from Stuard Cowi (and mostly the credits)
4: Arendal Triangle
5: Dune Race
6: Elevated Eight
7: Konsmo Raceway and Konsmo Chicane
8: Bugbear Island / Bugbear Island Reverse
9: Richwood Oval
10: Emmen Raceway - Three variants, one green layout, one barren layout and one smooth layout (no bumps)
11: Michigan Speedway - Two variants, one standard and one with less props named performance
12: Bristol Motor Speedway
13: Woodhill Raceway
14: Hillside Raceway - Two variants, one with rough surface and one with smooth surface named Smooth
15: Valley Of The Damned (....)
16: Rugland Motorbane
17: Greenlake Valley
18: Wimbledon Greyhound Stadium - With 6 layouts. Please read update notes for more info about them
19: Wimbledon Greyhound Stadium Derby
20: Pit Race - A track inspired by a track with same name from the legendary game Carmageddon (1997)
21: Ringwood - Track original created by Stuart Cowi, ported and updated by me (The Very End)
22: Eagles Nest - Remember high suspension!
23: Chalk Canyon 2017
24: Hurtfull Five - Three variants, one with ramps and one without aswell as a performance version with less spectators
25: Talledega Superspeedway
26: King's Lynn Raceway - Two variants, one standard and one performance without spectators
27: Bridge To Nowhere - Two variants, one standard and one performance without vegetation and spectators
28: Red Pike Arena 2017
29: Red Pike Race 2017
30: Lupines Hill (Lydden Hill) - Thanks to original base model for Lydden Hill Stuart Cowi!
31: Nevada Freight Depot - Range of layouts, check them out!
32: Nevada Freight Depot Derby - Two layouts
33: Rock Bottom Derby
34: Rock Bottom Race

End working on a new track, I hope it finish by Feb 10.  :D

Here some video from last time The Very TrackPack got hosted:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:00:52 AM by Purple44 »

The Very End

The track WILL be done before saturday. What's left is basically the AI pathing - hell. I cannot gurantee the track will be much of a thing with AI's, but for humans it should provide some fun.
Also, the name is very leading, meaning that you should not go flat-out on all the jumps - it will break you. But at same time you cannot go too slow either.

Purple44

End release an update to the Very TrackPack.  :D  We are a go for this Saturday night. :)   Thanks End for all the hard work you put into your great track pack!  :D

Version 4.1 released:

* The Slow, The Fast and the Stupid released!
* Several updates to textures and objects to prevent game from crashing. Probably some left, so if you encounter anyone - please report!
* Adjustments to the waterpit on Woodhill Raceway; should now be possible for both AI's and players to get out of it without resetting
* Adjustments to AI pathins on Chalk Canyon 2017; AI's are more focused on entering last jump in the middle, making them more succesfull on maing the jump alive
* Rock Bottom Race now has barriers on top of the hills to indicate the checkpoint's location.

PS: The AI's are not very good at it, but I did what I could to make them as good as possible. Also, with the display errors I got when editing AI paths it was kind of impossible to see what changes you did, meaning it took me several days with trial and error to get them to the current state - alltho they should be better.

Will be doing a test of Very TrackPack Fri around 7:00pm pacific, to test if we can join Jwho modded server. Do some 1 lap races to test out the tracks.

Purple44

Got to test jquitwho server hosting the Very TrackPack with a few guys last night. :)

We did not crash the server.  :D  But I did crash my game when I click spectate once and later on when I did a track change that crash everybody but deadage.

Over all I think mod server was pretty stable. We got up to about 10 players at one point.

Guys love the new The Slow, The Fast and the Stupid track ( hot wheels ). We did some derby:

At the Warehouse derby, the guys got distracted by the railroad tracks and Hoppen ended up stopping train and the guys derailed it!!!  :o

Be sure to setup a derby car and a small car for some small car only races, maybe even a derby. And any big car if you want, before joining.

Did see issue with them darn redXs. When trying to join modded server and trying to go back to stock. Give this method a try if refreshing the host list 3 times not working:

If trying to join modded server, like tonight's Very TrackPack mod. Enable Very TrackPack mod in Mods list, then go to Custom Event, scroll over to The Very TrackPack and pick one the tracks. Start race. After race start, quit and go to Multiplayer, if see all red Xs, click refresh.

Same goes for going back to stock if you seeing all red Xs. Uncheck Very TrackPack mod in Mods list, hit Esc to reboot game. Wreckfest should be stock now. Then go to Custom Event and pick one the stock tracks, start race, quit race after it starts, go to Multiplayer, if see all red Xs, click refresh.

See you guys tonight, off to bed.

Purple44

Event starts in about 6 hours.

I will be using my new Hotshot Chevy.    :D

I think Hoppen going use that fast Nexus of his, that he was tearing up the tracks with, in last night test!!

Purple44

Been brought to my attention, when load the Very TrackPack mod, server list will show a whole bunch of modded servers as Very TrackPack servers. Those are false servers, most are banger severs if look at server message.

Very TrackPack mod server up in less 3 hours from now.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 04:17:04 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Host is up/ I in Race Teamspeak.

Purple44

We done. Thanks for all that turn out. We peak at about 14 players for awhile. :)

Will upload a video later this coming week.