Author Topic: Build_asset  (Read 314 times)

Arnoldos

Hi, I wanted to make a custom car so I exported the model from blender to .bgo3 but everytime i drag it onto build_asset it creates .scne instead of .vhcl. What's wrong with it?

sam223

Something wrong with the car model. Probably missing all collision data i assume so asset_builder assumes its a static object
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Arnoldos

Something wrong with the car model. Probably missing all collision data i assume so asset_builder assumes its a static object

Well I am relatively new to modeling. What and how do I need to set for this model? Or at least what so I can figure out how.

sam223

Take a look at the example file is the easiest way to see what your missing. At a guess

solidbody
collision_sphere (multiple)
collision_top
collision_bottom
damage_sector (multiple)
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

Arnoldos

Ok, I am more clueless than I thought.
From the beginning:
I have created all the meshes and each part e.g. tyre and rim is a separate object.
Next I have attached shaders to each object e.g. glass shader to a windshield.
Then I have applied these options to all of the objects.

Now how do I proceed?

sam223

So far so good. But the model actually does very little other than control mass position and wheelbase. All the damage is built on a separate layer in blender

http://dummiesman.com/downloads/Wreckfest_Blender_Examples.zip blender example so you can see exactly what you're missing
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:32:57 PM by sam223 »

Arnoldos

So as I understand I only have to create meshes for car parts and those collision boxes and spheres to which I later attach specific functions in BagEdit?

sam223

So as I understand I only have to create meshes for car parts and those collision boxes and spheres to which I later attach specific functions in BagEdit?
No,it works like this.

solidbody=low poly hidden mesh that controls all contact. Much like a collision body in any other game except this time it also controls deformation
collision_sphere=hidden sphere covering part of the model (there are many). When the solidbody bends it moves a sphere which in turn moves verts on the actual model causing damage (i think,no dev has ever explained how it works)
Collisions_top/_bottom= hidden boxs i think this when a car drops onto another. So the 2 collision boxes meet and stop the cars merging through deformations.
Joints= hidden dummies,these control how a object moves after X amount of movement,e.g a door that opens. These also control how the hinge works a little
Damage_sector= armour points on UI (6 points + engine). These move with the model (after solid body and coll_sphere interaction) e.g get hit,soildbody bends,moves coll sphere,bends verts on model and moves sectors causing armour loss

Arnoldos

No,it works like this.

solidbody=low poly hidden mesh that controls all contact. Much like a collision body in any other game except this time it also controls deformation
collision_sphere=hidden sphere covering part of the model (there are many). When the solidbody bends it moves a sphere which in turn moves verts on the actual model causing damage (i think,no dev has ever explained how it works)
Collisions_top/_bottom= hidden boxs i think this when a car drops onto another. So the 2 collision boxes meet and stop the cars merging through deformations.
Joints= hidden dummies,these control how a object moves after X amount of movement,e.g a door that opens. These also control how the hinge works a little
Damage_sector= armour points on UI (6 points + engine). These move with the model (after solid body and coll_sphere interaction) e.g get hit,soildbody bends,moves coll sphere,bends verts on model and moves sectors causing armour loss

I mean, all I have to do in blender is create those meshes? I don't have to apply any shaders, physics, etc.?

EDIT: I have managed to create everything (I think) using this example you posted but now I get this error:

Code: [Select]
..\Library\blib\src\bcore\ErrorCallbacks.cpp(18) ERROR : Assert failed! ..\Library\blib\src\btoolcore\CreateSimulationMesh.cpp(69):
"1==bbBlockSize(&bbBlockElement(&bbBlockElement(&solidBody->baseMesh)->meshes)->batches)" There should be only a single batch in the 'solidbody'-mesh.

And I have no idea what that means.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 12:23:27 PM by Arnoldos »

Mazay

Hi, I wanted to make a custom car so I exported the model from blender to .bgo3 but everytime i drag it onto build_asset it creates .scne instead of .vhcl. What's wrong with it?

Build_asset decides if to generate .scne or .vhcl based on folder path you're working in.
There must be folder named "vehicle" withing file path to get .vhcl, for example:
mods/yourmod/ data/vehicle/xx/art/body.bgo3

Build Asset Wiki

Arnoldos

Build_asset decides if to generate .scne or .vhcl based on folder path you're working in.
There must be folder named "vehicle" withing file path to get .vhcl, for example:
mods/yourmod/ data/vehicle/xx/art/body.bgo3

Build Asset Wiki

I tried this and it didn't work. I just edited the script for it to only start bgeometry as -vhcl so the original issue is resolved. Though I still can't get past .vhcl creation due to error shown above.

sam223

Error above is because of missing 'solidbody'-mesh. You need a low poly solid mesh covering the model called 'solidbody' Doesn't matter what shader it has i think,physics wise this mesh is controlled by the deform folder. Stiffness,dent size etc.