Author Topic: Need help finding the good advanced settings on 360 controller  (Read 360 times)

synthwave

Hi guys, I'm new there. I suffer a lot finding good settings for my 360pad.

I play without assists and cars like American 2, 4 or 5 are oversteering so much…

I was playing with default settings one year ago, and had a way better handling feeling.

Could someone share his settings ? thx a lot  :)

Tonza

What are your current settings?

synthwave

What are your current settings?

Default. I reset'd everything…

Purple44

Hi guys, I'm new there. I suffer a lot finding good settings for my 360pad.

I play without assists and cars like American 2, 4 or 5 are oversteering so much…

I was playing with default settings one year ago, and had a way better handling feeling.

Could someone share his settings ? thx a lot  :)

If your cars are A class cars, with the new June Build the cars can spin the tires to easily. They need better griping tires. If trying to tweak your controller settings, might be better to do it with a B class car first. When happy, then try the settings with the fast A class cars.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

sam223

They dont need tires with more grip,because itll make class B pointless again. If anything the tires need less grip so class A becomes even more difficult to drive. Then there will be a real choice between stability and power.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Snoopy

Aren't classes about speed?

Purple44

They dont need tires with more grip,because itll make class B pointless again. If anything the tires need less grip so class A becomes even more difficult to drive. Then there will be a real choice between stability and power.

You want A class to be even tougher with no assists? Just touching the gas pedal I can spin the tires! Now if could get some racing tires for asphalt and some dirt tires, then maybe I would not spin the tires to easily coming out of the turns and have the rearend come around on me. A lot guys online are now using stability control to stop the rearend from coming around, making the racing online unbalance and making Wreckfest more like a sim, which is not a good thing in my opinion for the longevity of Wreckfest.

Bugbear has lost the sweet spot of a simcade with the June Build! Bugbear was getting close with the previous Builds this year.

Ya each class get faster, mainly because a bigger engine that been soup up. But the horsepower in the A class cars now is not easy to tame. A lot players now "cheat" to tame a A class car by using stability control.

I'm still trying stick to using no assists with my DFGT wheel. With no assist, the A class cars are just to touchy ( wheel spin ) to race with now. I can't race cleanly with my rearend stepping out all the time online. :( 

So I use B class AM5 that handle like the old A class cars in April Build. I still can loose it if I give the gas to fast coming out turn, but most the time I can keep my car under control with no assists and feathering the gas. :)

sam223

You want A class to be even tougher with no assists? Just touching the gas pedal I can spin the tires! Now if could get some racing tires for asphalt and some dirt tires, then maybe I would not spin the tires to easily coming out of the turns and have the rearend come around on me. A lot guys online are now using stability control to stop the rearend from coming around, making the racing online unbalance and making Wreckfest more like a sim, which is not a good thing in my opinion for the longevity of Wreckfest.

Bugbear has lost the sweet spot of a simcade with the June Build! Bugbear was getting close with the previous Builds this year.

Ya each class get faster, mainly because a bigger engine that been soup up. But the horsepower in the A class cars now is not easy to tame. A lot players now "cheat" to tame a A class car by using stability control.

I'm still trying stick to using no assists with my DFGT wheel. With no assist, the A class cars are just to touchy ( wheel spin ) to race with now. I can't race cleanly with my rearend stepping out all the time online. :( 

So I use B class AM5 that handle like the old A class cars in April Build. I still can loose it if I give the gas to fast coming out turn, but most the time I can keep my car under control with no assists and feathering the gas. :)

Im just thinking in terms of game-play mainly. If you have 4 classes,why bother with the first 3 if they are just slower version. Should be a choice between stupid fast and out of control. Or slower but stable. Or even slower in a straight line and glued to the road.
Sim always comes up like a dirty word, driving IRL is easy though,provided you dont have a 500bhp v8 and a wooden leg.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Purple44

Im just thinking in terms of game-play mainly. If you have 4 classes,why bother with the first 3 if they are just slower version. Should be a choice between stupid fast and out of control. Or slower but stable. Or even slower in a straight line and glued to the road.
Sim always comes up like a dirty word, driving IRL is easy though,provided you dont have a 500bhp v8 and a wooden leg.

That what career mode for, to work your way up through the classes.

But my concern is with the longevity of online racing. If the racing ain't fair ( like what happen in GRID 2 ), longevity will be short. We got Codemasters to lock up and check for stock ebay file so players could not cheat and use tweaked ebay file to get a lot faster touring car. And a no assists option for host. Since 2005, only seen 2 PC racing games ( that are not sims ) have a strong online after first 6 months, That Flatout 2 and GRID 1. Both had strong online community until the online server was turn off. Flatout after 6 years and GRID 1 after 3 years.

Snoopy

That's the reason upgrades are also pointless beyond the period in which you work towards buying them. There is a perfect state of the car powerwise and only tyres/diff/suspension should be tweaked.