Author Topic: Flatout 1 lagging issue  (Read 1262 times)

karlos1001

Hy all.

Ihave a big problem with Flatout 1, when ever i give gas or the other racers give gas, the tires spin and the dust/smoke/dirt that flies makes the game lag instantly at 4 fps  ::) , when the dirt/etc goes away the game runs perfectly at 68 fps  :P .
My question is that how can i delete the dirt and smoke textures , because i do not care about the dirt and dust that flies everywhere.
I just want to play my old favourite game again  after a long time..  8)

thanx .

included a pic of what i meen.

Purple44

Hy all.

Ihave a big problem with Flatout 1, when ever i give gas or the other racers give gas, the tires spin and the dust/smoke/dirt that flies makes the game lag instantly at 4 fps  ::) , when the dirt/etc goes away the game runs perfectly at 68 fps  :P .
My question is that how can i delete the dirt and smoke textures , because i do not care about the dirt and dust that flies everywhere.
I just want to play my old favourite game again  after a long time..  8)

thanx .

included a pic of what i meen.

Hi, with my old gaming computer from 2005 with a Pentium 4 and a x850, using 1200x1600 and 4x AA, max in-game graphic settings, I not seeing any lag because of dust, no lag at all, just now.

I be curious what hardware your computer got? Just about any computer after the Pentium 4 should blaze through running Flatout 1.

You could try turning down texture quality or track details in-game, see if that helps and set AA to none before starting game.

Would you by chance be running the Steam version of Flatout 1, that is v1.0 and has not been patch?  Grrr for Empire Interactive using that version at Steam!!  >:(

Do you also have Flatout 2? And does it run fine? I had to upgrade video card when Flatout 2 came out back in 2006.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

karlos1001

hy and thanx for the reply

flatout 2 runs just fine with no problems,

i have a amd turion 64 x2 with 4 gigs of ram and ati rradeon xpress 1200 with 500mb of video ram.

eaven flatout ultimate carnage runs but with a little bit of lag
in flatout 1 i turned all the graphics settings to minimum but nothing, everything is the same..
is there anything else i can try??

thanx.

Purple44

hy and thanx for the reply

flatout 2 runs just fine with no problems,

i have a amd turion 64 x2 with 4 gigs of ram and ati rradeon xpress 1200 with 500mb of video ram.

eaven flatout ultimate carnage runs but with a little bit of lag
in flatout 1 i turned all the graphics settings to minimum but nothing, everything is the same..
is there anything else i can try??

thanx.

Your computer should run Flatout 1 just fine.

You did not say where you got Flatout 1 from? If it the Steam version that unpatch, that might be the problem.

Could patch your Flatout 1 with the FOv3 mod we did at Flatout Joint: 

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,7395.0.html

The FOv3 mod will patch FO1 to euro v1.1. ( the patch files already in the mod )
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel