Author Topic: I can't earn money?  (Read 1059 times)

wheresmymoney

Hi reinstalled your game a few days ago since I bought it when the game first came out, I've won a race and taken multiple people out, as well as finishing other races, yet my credits still show as frozen at 5000.
It seems to be stuck or something, other people have no clue why when I ask what the shit's going on in game, my Steam profile is http://steamcommunity.com/id/llololololololol

I don't know how to fix this, the game is great but it's not fair on me having to play with shitty stock cars whilst everybody else has already bought and customized their cars out the wazzooo.
Would reinstalling help? Wouldn't it just reset my progress anyway?
You can definitely see on the leaderboards that I've done enough to earn SOME credits, IDK how many but it should NOT still be at the starter 5000

If this isn't in the right place please let me know.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:52:06 PM by wheresmymoney »

Purple44

Hi, I think this first I heard of something like this happening with Wreckfest. I would go here:

c:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\[User ID]\228380\local\wreckfest early access\

And rename the career.cres file, career111.cres. See if that will fix the problem. This file keep track of the $$ you have earned.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

wheresmymoney

Hi thanks for the response, I tried that but it still isn't working, any other ideas? I bought another vehicle (mower), to see if that might fix it but it didn't.
Am I supposed to link my steam account or something?

I also reinstalled to see if that would fix it but nope.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 12:26:09 AM by wheresmymoney »

Purple44

Hi thanks for the response, I tried that but it still isn't working, any other ideas? I bought another vehicle (mower), to see if that might fix it but it didn't.
Am I supposed to link my steam account or something?

I also reinstalled to see if that would fix it but nope.

Next step be to rename or delete the whole \wreckfest early access folder to get Wreckfest to start fresh.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

wheresmymoney

That did it! I changed
\228380\local\wreckfest early access\
into just
\228380\local\wreckfest\

career111.cres is still that name so I don't know if that helped

Also IDK what it is but with the old glitched profile I started with a Euro 1, but now it's working I have an American 5?

Not a big deal but really odd haha

Thanks for your help dude, really appreciate it