Author Topic: Gamescom 2017 thread  (Read 1383 times)

TheEngiGuy

Looks like another missed opportunity from BB. We know it's an early build, but you need some kind of trailer or Tube coverage for these events.

I agree, but I at least hoped to see some new content as THQ mentioned.

TheEngiGuy

Best sport game? Really?! :D

I hope Wreckfest wins!

And the winner is.... *drumroll*
PES 2018.

Finally found a proper gameplay:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:22:35 PM by TheEngiGuy »

CrashsTestsFr

"brakes not included"
Type : Laptop MSI GT70
CPU : i7-4700MQ
GPU : nVidia GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5 + Intel Integrated GPU
RAM : 8GB DDR3 (4GB * 2)
Controller : Xbox360 pad or G27

TheEngiGuy

A few new AM4 custom parts (@ 0:31) but I guess it's just a mod from the actual build
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 07:39:29 PM by TheEngiGuy »

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sorry for the absence, just got back from Gamescom (had no Internet connection while there).

The point of our Gamescom attendance was not to show off new content but to give many more people the chance to get to know the game and play it, basically just promote it. It does sound quite unfair and heartbreaking to bash our attendance as a wasted opportunity since many, many people at THQ Nordic put forth a considerable amount of effort to make the booth as impressive as it was, and from what we saw and heard people were having a great time with the game. Also, while we had basically no time to spend hanging around in the booth (would have loved that though) we worked long days giving presentations of the game to the members of the press behind closed doors. We learned that many people still had not heard about the game but you should have seen the smile some people had on their face after playing a bit of Crash Canyon with 24 cars :)
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

TT

That center screen at that booth was huge!

pben1

Janne,
As there was little coverage of event on social media at the time, you can see how we responded. The booth did look pretty good with the Playseats. Just a shame you weren't there to show off your hard work.  if you say the press sessions were well received do we expect some media in the near future? 

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 960 2gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather/ T3PA /G27 Shift

Janne Suur-Näkki

I would imagine so Ben since we did do an official Twitch stream + a couple of video interviews (one in German though) but we don't sadly have any links yet.

And yes, the setups were really cool - playseats with premium Thrustmaster wheels and 4K displays, couldn't have asked more.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 07:24:36 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

STRmods

And yes, the setups were really cool - playseats with premium Thrustmaster wheels and 4K displays, couldn't have asked more.

Yeah I wish I had that setup for playing Wreckfest in my room  :D I liked the details of the car parts attached to the booth wall with the cutouts too, THQ definitely put in the effort :)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Oh you noticed those? We had at least an old muffler and a loose door hanging on the wall, way cool :)

Found the Twitch stream now: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169380144?t=01h16m05s

STRmods

Oh you noticed those? We had at least an old muffler and a loose door hanging on the wall, way cool :)

Yeah! It gave a nice effect for the booth so props to whoever came up with that idea, the only thing it was missing was a mannequin in a racing suit next to a turned over lawnmower haha.
And thanks for the link, going to give it a watch now! :)

TheEngiGuy

Welcome back and thank you for the link!
THQ site did mention about "new content" so I just assume it was a mistake on their part, or simply there wasn't enough time to polish the new build for Gamescom? Either way, hopefully the next build won't take too long too release, I'm hungry for more Wreckfest now.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Oh, they (we, as we like to say) did? Might have been a mix-up somewhere along the way. We do have an insane amount of new stuff (cars in particular, if you're hungry for new content) in the pipeline but we're not ready to show anything just yet, hang tight. We'll probably push out an update when we have a nice package together but we'll keep you updated.

STRmods

We do have an insane amount of new stuff in the pipeline

:D :D :D
All I need to hear, looking forward to the coming months :)

Devin

Also, while we had basically no time to spend hanging around in the booth (would have loved that though) we worked long days giving presentations of the game to the members of the press behind closed doors.
So that explains it  :P I was wondering where you all were, since THQ Nordic staff didn't even know who you were when I asked them so they couldn't tell me where you all went to hide.

I've been there today once more, and they really have to rethink the way the tournament works, but hey, at least I finally was allowed to participate in it. So that's a bonus.

I've also taken my time to search through the playable build and when I saw the XBOX controller I thought "damn, XBOX beta version?" until I looked behind the stand and saw a bunch of PCs. Oh well, I don't have an XBOX anyway  :D

The only differences I found (other than really nicely playable XBOX controller controls, very nice physics response and great drivability (and also probably much less game crashing than I get usually)) were the lack of some tracks, for example I just couldn't find Sandpit1 anywhere. I hope it was only removed for that particular build and will remain in the next public build.

Also, the steering wheel menu controls didn't work particularly well or intuitive, the XBOX menu controls sort of worked but it wasn't perfect either. That's the only actual problem I had with the build, other than that it felt surprisingly great with a controller, but really bad with one of the playseat + wheels. But the reason for that could've simply been an open diff, I didn't really take time to check.

Have to upgrade my rating to 3/10 but I personally still think THQ Nordic didn't do a good job at all, not even knowing the developers of the game they're representing, plus managing to draw one of the tiniest audiences I have ever seen at gamescom. That was heartbreaking to see, because the few people who actually came either already loved Wreckfest or immediately went on to buy it.

Also, I was surprised to see 4k monitors, you were probably the only ones there who had those! However, the framerate often smacked down to 30 or lower due to the high resolution (and it permanently looked like 30hz) so that sort of negates the 4k monitors  :P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:00:00 PM by Devin »