Author Topic: Traction Control Bug  (Read 1370 times)

Spaceface

ISSUE
Traction Control randomly enables.

DESCRIPTION
Hey guys, can't find this has been mentioned anywhere (maybe i didn't look hard enough) but traction control randomly enables for some races on the Dirt Oval and Mixed 1 tracks, even though it's turned off under the difficulty menu. It never actually shows enabled in the difficulty menu, but you can certainly feel the lack of throttle response when it occurs. Anyone who uses traction control anyway isn't going to notice.   I only race on a dedicated server, so I don't know if this happens in single player but I've noticed this occurring long before this last update in June. A few other racers can confirm this happening as well. Toggling traction control on and off again before the race seems to help. When this happens, I have to retire because TC totally kills the race. 

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO
Not something I can really provide a visual example of.

Hopefully this can be addressed in the next update.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 01:42:18 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
Computer Specs:
CPU: 3570K @ 4.4 Ghz
GPU: Gigabyte G1 1070
RAM: TEAM DDR3 16GB 2400 Mhz
SOUND: Soundblaster Z
MOBO: ASROCK Z77 EXTREME 4
SSD 1: OS on OCZ-VERTEX3 120 Gb
SSD 2: Games on MUSHKIN 480 Gb
PSU: Seasonic SSR-650RM

Janne Suur-Näkki

Does the symptoms you mention occur in corners? If yes, it's likely that there's not enough torque (too much grip, too high gear, etc.).
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Paul_B

Janne , speak to us how's progress
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 960 2gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather/ T3PA /G27 Shift

Hoppen

Does the symptoms you mention occur in corners? If yes, it's likely that there's not enough torque (too much grip, too high gear, etc.).

I've experienced this bug as well, it only affects the two tracks that Spaceface has mentioned, I seem to see it on Mixed 1 reverse the most, basically, the car just bogs down everywhere, it's most noticeable trying to accelerate out of a corner, you just don't have the power you usually do, it slows me by 2 seconds or so a lap and leaves me uncompetitive, I usually just retire when it happens.

It will only happen randomly, and usually just to 1 or maybe 2 people out of a full field, i'm also unsure if this is only an issue online, but it's been there ever since Mixed 1 was added to the track list.
Xeon e3-1231v3, 16GB, GTX 970, Win10 64bit, Xbox 360 Pad

Purple44

I've experienced this bug as well, it only affects the two tracks that Spaceface has mentioned, I seem to see it on Mixed 1 reverse the most, basically, the car just bogs down everywhere, it's most noticeable trying to accelerate out of a corner, you just don't have the power you usually do, it slows me by 2 seconds or so a lap and leaves me uncompetitive, I usually just retire when it happens.

It will only happen randomly, and usually just to 1 or maybe 2 people out of a full field, i'm also unsure if this is only an issue online, but it's been there ever since Mixed 1 was added to the track list.

I have had my auto tranny get stuck in 2nd gear on Mixed 1 reverse. Have stop car to get tranny working again.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks for the input, sounds odd - we'll try to repro the issue here.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Janne Suur-Näkki

We found something that might cause the issue, will let you guys know when we know more.

sam223

It could be something to do with parts. We've had issues with the mod where a part gets corrupted (with no idea what part is corrupt) and it makes the cars either feel like they are always using a open diff or they a stuck in the floor slightly.
Resetting garage seems to fix it,although not quite as easy with official cars. Youd have to delete you garage/career files.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Rocket455Man

Hi!

When we get the hotfix or update?
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

Janne Suur-Näkki

Not confirmed yet.

Green1

This bug has occurred to me as well. Not recently to me but it happened to a friend while racing tonight on Mixed 1 reverse. I try to keep my revs high & on this track I throw the car around into hard drifts a lot but when this bug happens it simply cannot happen. It`s like you`re mired in mud from the get go. It was certainly a "What in the world is wrong" moment to say the least. Was lucky enough to be racing with above posters so they could tell me it`s a bug & it has happened to them in the past as well.

Bugs happen. I could only imagine what you`re dealing with these days. You`re still on track to make something special no doubt. Godspeed BB but no rush.

happyrichie

as if u only just learned about this, do u dev's ever play the game?

Janne Suur-Näkki

We do play and test the game as much as we can, but we haven't tested every single track in multiplayer, hence this bug slipped through the cracks.