Author Topic: Old Sandpit  (Read 1786 times)

Any way to get the old sandpit? I really enjoyed playing on it and seeing the ai mess up and all the carnage it caused.

Purple44

Which Sandpit track you refering too? The very first Sandpit track:

Sandpit 2 - the original Sandpit track - still boring - boycott lifted :)

Or the current Sandpit 1 track: 

Sandpit 1 has lost it "Flatout spirit" it had before the make over in new June

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 04:19:00 AM by TheButterApple24 »

Purple44

This what the old Sandpit 1 track look like in the June Build:

These 6 objects crash the old sandpit 1 track when loaded into the June Build. :(

a01
loft02
loft13
loft97
loft98
loft99

So I did some tweaking of the current Sandpit one to make it a little more dangerous like the old track:

GoKart Plus

Daystar

Purple I think he is referring to the build previous to our current build. March/April Feb. build I believe. the butchered/slapped together version of Sandpit 1 which was ridden of issues. 
which caused many cars to pile up into the tear line on the track in reverse config (long loop).

I have the track since I still play the previous build. however it would not work in the current build. since BB changed directory paths. maybe it could be moddable? who knows.

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,9612.0.html

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 08:17:47 AM by Daystar »

Purple44

Purple I think he is referring to the build previous to our current build. March/April Feb. build I believe. the butchered/slapped together version of Sandpit 1 which was ridden of issues. 
which caused many cars to pile up into the tear line on the track in reverse config (long loop).

I have the track since I still play the previous build. however it would not work in the current build. since BB changed directory paths. maybe it could be moddable? who knows.

But I did use older Builds before Bugbear started making changes to the Sandpit 1 track:

Bad news for bringing back the old Sandpit 1 track.  :( :(

After getting the old Sandpit 1 track to load, it missing most the track map. :) There was 6 objects I had delete out of the Models section to get track to load. The objects from the Subscenes are not being loaded doing this test.

Here the list of objects crashing Sandpit 1 old version ( tried both the Oct and Dec 2016 track file ):

a01
loft02
loft13
loft97
loft98
loft99

If Bugbear not kind enough to fix these objects to work in new Build, then old Sandpit 1 track is history and so is my Suicide tracks I spent a lot timing modding.  :(

But I did use older Builds before Bugbear started making changes to the Sandpit 1 track:

Bad news for bringing back the old Sandpit 1 track.  :( :(

After getting the old Sandpit 1 track to load, it missing most the track map. :) There was 6 objects I had delete out of the Models section to get track to load. The objects from the Subscenes are not being loaded doing this test.

Here the list of objects crashing Sandpit 1 old version ( tried both the Oct and Dec 2016 track file ):

a01
loft02
loft13
loft97
loft98
loft99

If Bugbear not kind enough to fix these objects to work in new Build, then old Sandpit 1 track is history and so is my Suicide tracks I spent a lot timing modding.  :(

Do you still have the model for the suicide tracks? or is it even possible to convert the tracks into a model form? If so it may be possible to re-edit it to allow it to work

Purple44

I will be able to redo the Suicide Sandpit 1 and Suicide Killer Tires tracks. But the the new Sandpit 1 track has change to much to do the Suicide Beer Run track.

Mazay

or is it even possible to convert the tracks into a model form? If so it may be possible to re-edit it to allow it to work

There is not really tools to convert tracks to model form.
...Well there is tools to rip models from direct x games, maybe some of those work, and then after lot of work you could export again.

Actual problem is probably in collision shape of parts. I wonder if that could be fixed somehow. May be hard tho.