Author Topic: Driver San Francisco classic movie muscle car chases.First ok Driver since first  (Read 931 times)

Mopower

I 0layed 1 and 2 as a young lad and San Fran as an adult. I'm sure I've finished the campaigns in those games 30x between the 3 of them... at least 5x on san francisco already.  Fun game but not huge on shifting. The physics mad3 anyone feel like a boss when powersliding every turn. At the same time I'd much rather see bugbear do one without such lameass rubberbanding and their own physics, or at least an outlaw type game as a getaway driver of sorts.
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

Mopower

First Driver should definitely get a remake someday, since it was groundbreaking title back in the day. But I doubt that Ubisoft is interested aboud doing it, I don't think that they see it as profitable enough brand nowadays anymore. But Janne, maybe you guys could concider about getting the rights to it ? Afterall, now you have a great car game engine, only thing you need to think is that how to build the cities. So far, Bugbear haven't done anything like that in massive scale, definitely a challenge, but you guys propably also loved the original game back in the day. I actually played the game through on emulator a while ago, I still have the PS1 disc in my collection and oh boy it was a joy, still very solid game to play.
Why bother getting the rights when they could make their own bomb ass getaway title?
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

DD-Indeed

First Driver should definitely get a remake someday, since it was groundbreaking title back in the day. But I doubt that Ubisoft is interested aboud doing it, I don't think that they see it as profitable enough brand nowadays anymore. But Janne, maybe you guys could concider about getting the rights to it ? Afterall, now you have a great car game engine, only thing you need to think is that how to build the cities. So far, Bugbear haven't done anything like that in massive scale, definitely a challenge, but you guys propably also loved the original game back in the day. I actually played the game through on emulator a while ago, I still have the PS1 disc in my collection and oh boy it was a joy, still very solid game to play.
Why bother getting the rights when they could make their own bomb ass getaway title?

Good and popular IP = Media attention --> Sales.

Tonza

Though Driver series reputation got nuked with Driv3r. At least for those who never played the first two. Or those who never played Parallel lines after driv3r.

Frisker

Though Driver series reputation got nuked with Driv3r. At least for those who never played the first two. Or those who never played Parallel lines after driv3r.

Indeed.

I just wonder how the hell SF didn't repair the reputation... I found that game awesome.

Maybe someday BB will make spiritual successor to Driver series, it'd be awesome with their physics.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

DD-Indeed

Indeed.

I just wonder how the hell SF didn't repair the reputation... I found that game awesome.

Maybe someday BB will make spiritual successor to Driver series, it'd be awesome with their physics.

Driver 1&2 were a big part of my childhood, even thou the 2nd one is very painful game to play, it's just so friggin' hard. And I know, that not many people are aware of the series nowadays or have interest towards it, due the 3rd game being what it was (buggy mess with good intentions and groundbreaking gameworld), Parallel Lines being Poor Man's GTA and SF being a bit ''empty'' and weird game in terms of the main gameplay mechanic. So in that sense you guys are right, the audience might be limited to more experienced players, but, it doesn't mean that younger audiences wouldn't enjoy it, if it would be done really well.

What the Driver offers is exiting car chases and driving, those are the main selling points. All the battles and gunplay should happen in the cutscenes, but you should have freedom to go on foot to explore the world as well and to change cars. But I dunno, that how to make the game's on foot exploring authentic without guns, certainly the SF's system is not the correct way to go. Maybe Tanner just shouldn't have a gun at all ?  Either way, if the game would include guns, they always take the attention away from the driving.

Frisker

Indeed.

Driver 1&2 were a big part of my childhood, even thou the 2nd one is very painful game to play, it's just so friggin' hard. And I know, that not many people are aware of the series nowadays or have interest towards it, due the 3rd game being what it was (buggy mess with good intentions and groundbreaking gameworld), Parallel Lines being Poor Man's GTA and SF being a bit ''empty'' and weird game in terms of the main gameplay mechanic. So in that sense you guys are right, the audience might be limited to more experienced players, but, it doesn't mean that younger audiences wouldn't enjoy it, if it would be done really well.

What the Driver offers is exiting car chases and driving, those are the main selling points. All the battles and gunplay should happen in the cutscenes, but you should have freedom to go on foot to explore the world as well and to change cars. But I dunno, that how to make the game's on foot exploring authentic without guns, certainly the SF's system is not the correct way to go. Maybe Tanner just shouldn't have a gun at all ?  Either way, if the game would include guns, they always take the attention away from the driving.

If they went something like Sleeping Dogs path, where guns are very minor part of the game. Only with Driver, the main focus should be driving instead of fighting, but give us proper hand to hand fighting system so it wouldn't be too boring outside of the car like in Driver 2. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:01:47 PM by Frisker »

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM