Author Topic: foj car's on original flatout 2  (Read 903 times)

frenchman

Hi :)
I have just noticed that "challenger" by Foj-community-mod can replace Bullet (car_16) without having has editer the game :)
other cars of foj mod's go o into the original game ?

> http://www.mediafire.com/view/61zgqpjnw5728jo/Capture.PNG#

(and sorry for bad English, i'm toujours french :p but I take lessons )

MamieNova

What do you mean "without editing the game" ? It's a mod so the game is edited.

(are you looking for a way to switch cars for the AI drivers maybe?)
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

frenchman

No . I'm looking for replacement cars (like here> https://www.facebook.com/Modding_FlatOut-2-1164163330363220/ ). and I would have liked to know if some FOJ cars have particularity. Without changing the positions of the drivers. (> https://vk.com/photo380786717_456239250 )

frenchman

it's hard to be French. There is no longer a lot of French forum for Fo1 / 2 (Si des Français sont présent qu'ils se manifestent lol)
 :D

MamieNova

pourquoi tu cherches à remplacer plutôt qu'ajouter si c'est pas pour les IA ?
----
Windows 10 x64
----
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

frenchman

:) mon but est d'avoir 45 voitures différentes de celles livré a l'origine,sans ne toucher a rien d'autres (hormis au graphismes et a quelques modifications de scripts mais a ce niveau c'est deja fait )
 J'ai des versions moddé a 10go ,des mods et autres archives a boudre mais aujourd'hui j'aimerai un flatout 2 assez fun et très léger.
Dans cette version légère j'aimerai donc un "carpack" sur mesure sans avoir a apprendre le modelisme 3D  :) aussi j'aimerai trouvé des autos qui "rentrent" pile-poil dans le jeux d'origine (en prenant compte,bien-sur, du fait que dans le database d'origine les roues de certaines autos servent a d'autres) .

Purple44

:) my goal is to have 45 cars different from those delivered originally, without touching anything else (except the graphics and has some modifications of scripts but at this level it is already done)
  I have versions modded to 10go, mods and other archives to boudre but today I will like a flatout 2 quite fun and very light.
In this light version I would like a custom carpack without having to learn 3D modeling :) also I would like to find cars that "come back" pile-hair in the original games (taking into account, on, because in the original database the wheels of some cars are used by others).

Hi, might take a look at these custom cars Heddly made to replace the stock cars. Might show you how to take a a custom car and make it replace a stock car:

Damn, that a big file! How big would files be if made a rar file, compress file? Would suggest hosting mod at our moddb site, but think at 4GB file, moddb would not allow. I would have to check and find what the limit on file size is.

Maybe break up mod into smaller rar files, parts 1-3.

We host our large Community Mod files at moddb. Thankfully moddb does not charge us for the download bandwidth.

It will be separate game with the install file. The name will be Flatout Reborn. About moddb I will think.

I search car models for my mod, qualitative are necessary to me. Especially, I want something exclusive.

I have added 6 custom cars to replace the stock versions. I did not edit the fo2.db but they fit the driver. You can download and test them if you want to. You need to add them to the "filesystem" to work. Heddly's FO2 Stock CustomCar 6 Pack.

car21_Crusader    Chopsader
car25_RoadKing      BossMustang
car29_BulletGT    68 Camaro
car41_Flatmobile  FLAT-O-SAURUS
car42_Mobcar      MobVert
car45_Truck       Concrete Mixer

From the read me:

Heddlys_FO2 Stock CustomCar_6_Pack

These cars are only replacement "bodies" for the stock cars.All performance and handling settings are the same as stock since the FO2 database is locked.
I did adjust the cameras for the cockpit views.

The carpack includes the

car21_Crusader    Chopsader
car25_RoadKing     BossMustang
car29_BulletGT    68 Camaro
car41_Flatmobile  FLAT-O-SAURUS
car42_Mobcar      MobVert
car45_Truck       Concrete Mixer

# Extract the contents of the FO2StockCustomCars.rar to a folder of your choice and move the FO2StockCustomCars.bfs file into your FlatOut 2 folder.
The default is Program Files\Empire Interactive\FlatOut 2.

# You need to edit the filesystem by using notepad.(right click the filesystem icon and choose "open with" then "Notepad" and left click. The filesystem will open in Notepad. Now you need to type or paste the FO2StockCustomCars.bfs text into Notepad.The FO2StockCustomCars.bfs Must be listed last.
 Do Not leave any blank spaces after any of the names in the filesystem or the game will crash.If this happens recheck your editing in the filesystem.

# I use the FlatOut2_Mod_Manager_1.0.1.0 which I have included with the download. This is for the FOJ Community Mod

Thanks to pixeldoc for the creation of this easy to use program for adding and removing your favorite mods to your game. Remember that your "patch" file must match other players to connect online.

If you use the FlatOut2_Mod_Manager, be sure to mark the "filesystem" as "read only" to prevent the program from over writing it.Right click filesystem/properties and check read only.

Your filesystem should look like this..you can copy this and paste it also,just no blank spaces at end of each line.

fo2a.bfs
fo2b.bfs
fo2c.bfs
Heddlys_FO2 Stock CustomCar_6_Pack.bfs

# If you are using FOJ Community Mod you will need to list the FO2StockCustomCars.bfs Last, at the bottom, after the other files for the custom tires to work on the stock versions.

patch1.bfs
FOJs_Community_Mod.bfs
FOJs_Community_Mod_Trackpack1.bfs
FOJs_Community_Mod_Carpack1.bfs
FOJs_Carpack2_and_updates.bfs
FO2StockCustomCars.bfs

you can find a thread at the FlatOut Joint, please post your advice here:
http://flatoutjoint.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=1069.msg12204#msg12204

Contact  pm me on flatoutjoint.com or heddly@gmail.com for permissions of any other use/game conversion.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

frenchman

thank you so much :)
I progress a little;
car16_Bullet Challenger07
car21_Crusader Chopsader
car25_RoadKing BossMustang
car29_BulletGT 68 Camaro
car41_Flatmobile FLAT-O-SAURUS
car42_Mobcar MobVert
car45_Truck Concrete Mixer

"for permissions of any other use/game conversion"   it is for private use :)

concerning my wish (mon but) to have a light play; this is for my vacation (I leave the big computer at home)

MamieNova

unless you're trying to spare something like two GB, I'd say go with the full game. FO2 should run on pretty much anything post-2010 (used to play it on a C2D with intel graphics notebook)
----
Windows 10 x64
----
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

frenchman

My complete game is too voluminous > https://vk.com/photo380786717_456239253 (and I wish to leave with my favorite cars)  :D

MamieNova

sounds like you want to extract specific cars from the mods and then build your own bfs file from scratch. Sounds like a lot of work though.
----
Windows 10 x64
----
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

frenchman

:)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:13:23 PM by frenchman »

frenchman

I finally decided to edit completely the game :) (for personal use)

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 07:18:37 PM by frenchman »