Author Topic: Animated object's surface is impossible to drive on, help / suggestions wanted  (Read 461 times)

The Very End

Howdy! So on request I made a open / closing bridge, which has the right animations and that has correct collisions as well. Problem is that it's impossible to drive on, it's just ice. I have played around in the surface files, dynamic type files and so on, but I just cannot get the surface of stuff that is animated to have any form of grip.

Anyone got some things I could try?

RickyB

Sorry no idea, just some concern ... As far as I noticed, there's still this nasty animation bug. :( Remember that Bugbear removed the blimp? Didn't really get rid of the bug, it seems. At least on my system (win7), in most cases, the game still crashes after loading a map with an animated object, then loading a differnet map without animated objects, then trying to go back to the garage - crash still happens.(but no 'R6025 runtime error' window anymore) I would be very hesitant with any animation. Sorry, hate to be that guy, but someone had to mention it :-\

The Very End

No worries, and I see the point. I guess I have just grown used to the game crashing for all sorts of reasons (too much grass, objects with non-acceptable gemotery, 139154258 different AI related game crashes, animations, effects), so these days I'm just not giving a damn and are prepared to start the game many times when I play ^^
As for the bridge I normally would not do animations to it, but since it was asked for I though I could give it a go. Found a nice script to copy animation frames from one object to a other in 3ds max, making it a rather meaningfull session :)

RickyB

hehe, ok, just remembered a similar topic (without animations involved) but with slippery surface ... http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,9437.msg92238.html#msg92238     in case you haven't tried some of those suggestions. maybe it helps... :)

The Very End

Did try those, and sadly it did not help. But on the bright side I'm very thankful for the effort!
How your project going by the way? Last time I chimed in you were having fun with custom explosive barrels and whatnot? :)

RickyB

ehhhhhhhhhhm ... didn't do much anything after that   ::)  Why? weeell... real life stuff, other games and probably general laziness.
Something like this...

The Very End

Haha, same situation here, I feel your pain. And these technical issues I keep having (why would you want objects that is solid but cannot be driven on?...) feels more of a chore than a fun challenge to tackle.
Fingers crossed some magic guru knows what to do.