Author Topic: Ragdoll fix  (Read 431 times)

St. Jimmy

This is same time a mod and explanation (bug report) why the ragdoll is broken currently.

I found the files that were moved elsewhere in the new build that broke the ragdolls.
"data/art/objects/joint_ragdoll.scne" file was referencing in the data/property/object/ragdoll_xxxx files. Changing Dynamic Type String reference didn't help and only option was to move the files back to where they were originally referenced ("data/property/object/" folder).

Here's picture explanation:

Dunno why Bugbear didn't make this simple fix for public ??? :o

Steam Workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1159376129

Direct download

Enjoy and let's bring the ragdolls back everywhere 8)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:14:41 AM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

St. Jimmy

Seems like the fix I have explained in this message crashes the game pretty often.

Seems like there is even smaller fix for this if I want to just fix the lawnmower, but crashes the game very often... Though this file needs to be added in vehicle's art folder then if you want to make ragdolls for certain vehicles. So it's a local vehicle fix and doesn't make it global for every vehicle.

Just found that BugBear Bug by STR mods had ragdoll scene file in the vehicle's art folder. So I moved the joint_ragdoll.scne to data/vehicle/lawnmower/art/ folder and it works. Didn't even need to change Dynamic Type in the .scne even though they are wrong in the file :o And changing them didn't do anything.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:22:51 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR