Author Topic: Making of Flatout 2  (Read 29816 times)

Jukka Merikanto

What do you think will be an opportunity for activists to create new tracks and use your editor? This is possible in the future? 8)

Sorry to say but we can't release any tools to Flatout series as we don't have rights to do it. I personally would do it instantly since I know your skills at modding Flatout 1 and 2 and would like to see what you could create with our tools but it's not up to me or anyone at Bugbear to release those tools.
Jukka Merikanto
Senior Level Designer

wert

What do you think will be an opportunity for activists to create new tracks and use your editor? This is possible in the future? 8)

Sorry to say but we can't release any tools to Flatout series as we don't have rights to do it. I personally would do it instantly since I know your skills at modding Flatout 1 and 2 and would like to see what you could create with our tools but it's not up to me or anyone at Bugbear to release those tools.

Understand you!)

Game engine rights at Team 6?

So have other question... BugBear can create an official patch 1.3 with the support of the community of professional gamers FlatOut 2?

Fix some errors, completion of additional capacity needed, for example active table records in real time with automatic update. It is also important the establishment of the regime with the movement in the opposite side of the road. The most current revision.

Best regards wert (666hp cmd)
Est in media verum

John Burning

SO SAD  D:

Heddly

Could the owner of the rights be contacted?

Is it possible that they would be willing to release the tools used to create the content, to the FlatOut 2 community.

It would be a widely popular addition and promote the owner of the rights as a user friendly company that could be patronized.

KSFR

Is it possible that they would be willing to release the tools used to create the content, to the FlatOut 2 community.

It would be a widely popular addition and promote the owner of the rights as a user friendly company that could be patronized.
+1
Is it Team6 that own the rights to the editor? Well... they did not used it thats for sure.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:50:06 AM by KSFR »
Bunnybear Says - Yappy happy whatever

John Burning

I think that make this editor free for eveeryone is REALLY hard...  :-\

Purple44

+1
Is it Team6 that own the rights to the editor? Well... they did not used it thats for sure.

Team6 does not have the rights to the Flatout name, Zoo Games had the rights to Flatout name after Empire Interactive went belly up, then Zoo Games run into money trouble, so Strategy First ended up with the rights to Flatout name.

Strategy First turn out to be a publisher out for a quick buck and screw over the Flatout community with the beta release of Flatout 3 ( Flatout5 ). :(
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

dark.Continue

Quote from:
Let's start off with a video showing what our in-game editing tools looked like in 2005:
http://youtu.be/Nd3v5m4X6Jg (also in HD)[/quote

Hi, Tell me: Where i can download this Editor !!!

Mrmcpsycho

Hi, Flatout 1 was the first videogame i've ever played in my life and Flatout 2 was my second. And my question is: What was the hardest destructible object you ever created in FO:2?

Sorry for my bad english. Im from germany ;D
I'm bad at making signatures...

Jukka Merikanto

Hi, Flatout 1 was the first videogame i've ever played in my life and Flatout 2 was my second. And my question is: What was the hardest destructible object you ever created in FO:2?

You mean what was hardest to create or what object was hardest to destroy in-game? By looking at FO2 object list I would say trailer home that weights a whopping 9000 kg (~20 000 lbs) in-game was the hardest object we had.

FYI: Playing cards in ragdoll mini-games weighted 5000 kg (~11 000 lbs) each :)
Jukka Merikanto
Senior Level Designer

Purple44

When I was doing custom derby pits for Flatout 2, I had to set the bowling balls to 100,000 mass weight. At 50,000 mass weight, sometimes a car would hit the wall of bowling balls and if a bowling ball moved, the whole wall of bowling bowls would come crashing down.  :o

ddBowlingball = {
   Category = SetCategory(CATEGORY_DYNAMIC_OBJECT),
   Type   =   OBJECT_DEFAULT,
   MaxVisibility = VISIBILITY_HIGH,

BonusType = BONUSTYPE_NITRO,

Mass   =    100000.0,
   Restitution = 0.1,

CollisionSound = COLLISIONSOUND_TIRE,

Inertia = INERTIA_SOLID_SPHERE
}

I left out one bowling ball in the wall ( where purple dot is ), if you jump at the right angle, your car can make it through the hole and out of the baseball arena. I use a football player for the ramp to jump platform.

Thanks to GulBroz writing a script for Blender, we were able to assign new object properties, so not to screw up the stock object properties.  ddBowlingball =
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

psychicparrot

When I see this stuff, I am completely in AWE of Bugbear's games. The extensibility, flexibility and awesomeness of their racing engine completely blows me away. Look at what people can create and customize... and look at how much fun the games are. Just wow!

GikePeterson

Hi all!
I like to make screenshots and videos in game!
And i have questions:
1) Is this possible to extract Z-buffer images to make DOF effect? Does your engine support DOF? (im makin dof in photoshop, but it hard to make dof on my videos in After Effects by rotoscoping every frame)
2) Is it possible to make a little programm to animate the cameras in game? I know how to edit camera position, and move it during the game (there is a programm called "FlatOut Online Tools" by russian programmer Diana.  but it moves through the mouse and result is not smoothly..

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 07:17:41 PM by GikePeterson »

Olanov

I've played since the first Flatout and I can't but agree with what psychicparrot said.

I am completely in AWE of Bugbear's games. The extensibility, flexibility and awesomeness of their racing engine completely blows me away.

It's a real shame Bugbear developers can't relase any tools for Flatout series but I don't mind. Flatout games seem to have plenty of mods already with no official tools being out there.

So anyways, thanks for these great game you guys have done, not just Flatout. I also have a question regarding the music in game. How did you end up choosing the tracks you did for music of Flatout 2 and how long did it approximately take? From first to the last process regarding it.

69Imperial

I've been playing since FO1, and i've always been fascinated by the dynamic props and their physics, & I basically know every single one in FO2/FO:UC.
How many of the SFX did you guys do yourselves, and were any of the dynamic prop vehicles(such as the Acura TL in FO2) owned by developers?
Also, who did the graphics design(billboards/ads)? They deserve a medal.  ;D
I can't wait to get me a GameToy or a burger from BugBurger! LOL.
BTW.....don't know if you noticed this, but on the prop Cadillac....ya left the Cadillac emblem on the vinyl roof by accident.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:41:56 AM by 69Imperial »
Playing Flatout online has made me hate people who can't speak English and shove their nationalities in your face.