Author Topic: Some captcha for account registration would be nice  (Read 736 times)

TheEngiGuy

Honestly tired of spammers.

The Very End

Agree, this forum is a joke. We have requested changes for about two years now but weeeellll..
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:39:51 AM by The Very End »

sam223

I think i am the only active person with moderation tools. Was away today so no spam got deleted.More moderators needed i think.

Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

TheEngiGuy

I think i am the only active person with moderation tools. Was away today so no spam got deleted.More moderators needed i think.

I'd be happy to contribute!

Purple44

I'd be happy to contribute!

TheEngiGuy, send Janne a PM that you like to be a moderator. Hopefully Janne see your PM when he next log into the forum. Been over 2 weeks since Janne last logged into the forum.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Devin

Oi! I get on here and delete spam as soon as I get a notification mail about spam being reported. And I read mail the second I get it. But I agree, the amount of spam sometimes is just unreal. And since posts have to be deleted one by one, it's a pain to get rid of them once the damage is done.

The reason I barely show up in the bans list is that usually you're here a tiny bit quicker than me, so all I can do is help delete stuff :P

sam223

Maybe the problem is they very rarely they get reported. Usually i drop by maybe once or twice a day and then see the forum full of spam,but never get email reports.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

well, the report function is bugged af, when you report a post the page times out, even of the report is sent.
If only they would fix their forum (better security, working report tool)..

Janne Suur-Näkki

Purple, did you send the PM? It looks like I didn't receive it but no harm done since I just read the thread.

We'd love to improve the forum security but it's something that's not a high priority for now as you can understand, but we'll take a look at whether there's something (a plugin, perhaps?) that we could easily add to reduce the amount of spammers. It's true that there are quite a few around, no denying that.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Purple44

Purple, did you send the PM? It looks like I didn't receive it but no harm done since I just read the thread.

Hi Janne, I suggested TheEngiGuy send you a PM asking to be a mod.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

TheEngiGuy

I'm a mod now, thanks! I'll make sure to keep this forum clean until more security features will be implemented.