Author Topic: New skin slots  (Read 814 times)

Negu0314

Hello! My question is really simple: How to add new skin slots to the game? What I want to do is make a new skin slot for AI's skins. I want to use default skins while having a 6th skin slot for AI's skin. So using an AI's skin without replacing one of the default ones.

EDIT - I got it. If anyone wants to know how to do it, what files to modify, PM me. :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 03:05:12 PM by Negu0314 »

Negu0314

Hello again! As you can see, I solved my first question by myself. But, I got another for you guys: How to add new car slots to the game? I want to make new cars (or models, however you call it) to the game, but I don't want to replace, as with skins. So I want to drive a new car which I make (already done some things, model, skins, textures), but I don't want to replace it with a original car.

Also, want to add new textures, but not replace! So, for example, if I want to use my textures only on my new car, which files do I need to edit?

Negu0314

Okay, so as good as I figured out, I need to edit the flatout2.db file. And if I'm right, there's a database editor for FO2, but I can't find it. Could someone (who used it before) upload it to me? :)

Purple44

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Negu0314

If use the FOJ Community Mod for Flatout 2, will open 85 new custom car slots.

Also might give these 2 recent threads a read:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,10187.0.html

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,10200.0.html

Hi! Thanks for these. Only problem with the CM is I can do the same with the original game, just replace the car with the Mob Car for example, and boom. It's done. But when it comes to publish my mod, I would have some problems about I did changed a car from a mod which isn't mine, and I can't publish what I didn't made myself... :) That's why I would need that database editor, to find out how to add more slots for cars. By the way, thanks for the tips, appreciate your help. :)

Purple44

Hi! Thanks for these. Only problem with the CM is I can do the same with the original game, just replace the car with the Mob Car for example, and boom. It's done. But when it comes to publish my mod, I would have some problems about I did changed a car from a mod which isn't mine, and I can't publish what I didn't made myself... :) That's why I would need that database editor, to find out how to add more slots for cars. By the way, thanks for the tips, appreciate your help. :)

Just release a carpack with your custom cars using any the custom car slots? Like Heddly did, Carpack 4.

Negu0314

Just release a carpack with your custom cars using any the custom car slots? Like Heddly did, Carpack 4.

But I want something different than CM. Not everyone uses FOJ's CM's. For example me, I don't want that much change. I want to make my own mods, using my own work is so much better than someone else's. In CM, there's a lot of custom things, like HUD, UI etc... I just want to use custom cars, which I made. But, you don't have the FO2DB editor, right? :D

Purple44

The database tool we use at Flatout Joint too edit flaout2.db file, was only use by a few of us. We did not want to release tool publicly and risk having it abused. I got to use the database tool to add new custom track folders for the custom tracks we had done for Community Mod and added some new track folders for future tracks.

It been over 10 years now since release of Flatout 2, guess it be OK now to release our database tool to the public. Here a link to a copy of my database tool folder. It has readme file help explain how to use it. Been a long time since I have use the tool, so don't ask me questions about it.  :P  But I do remember database is sensitive on use of capital letters. Be sure to follow same format you see in the database.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z7y0f3ddelif52t/fo2db_tools_V0.6+-+Copy.7z

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:40:25 AM by Purple44 »

Negu0314

The database tool we use at Flatout Joint too edit flaout2.db file, was only use by a few of us. We did not want to release tool publicly and risk having it abused. I got to use the database tool to add new custom track folders for the custom tracks we had done for Community Mod and added some new track folders for future tracks.

It been over 10 years now since release of Flatout 2, guess it be OK now to release our database tool to the public. Here a link to a copy of my database tool folder. It has readme file help explain how to use it. Been a long time since I have use the tool, so don't ask me questions about it.  :P  But I do remember database is sensitive on use of capital letters. Be sure to follow same format you see in the database.

https://www.mediafire.com/#jd7tn0vdmnybt

Oh my lord, you're a legend... :D Thanks for sharing it with us! :) I have an account on MediaFire too, and when I click on your link it directs me to my folder. I could be wrong, but maybe you posted a wrong link? :P I also tried without being logged in, but then it's directs me to the main page of MF.

Heddly

You are welcome to try my link to the database tool. Would be nice to see some new mods for FO2.

FO2 database tool update

Purple44

OOPS, pasted in the wrong link.  :-[

Negu0314

You are welcome to try my link to the database tool. Would be nice to see some new mods for FO2.

FO2 database tool update

You're my hero! :D :D Thanks for it, finally I got the files out of the default flatout2.db to see what's going on... I can easily unpack the database file, but I'm struggling with packing it. Did everything right (I guess), but it's don't want to pack the root directory. :/

Purple44

FO2 database tool update

You're my hero! :D :D Thanks for it, finally I got the files out of the default flatout2.db to see what's going on... I can easily unpack the database file, but I'm struggling with packing it. Did everything right (I guess), but it's don't want to pack the root directory. :/

I run into that problem too when trying pack things back up. I had to send my work to Shadow and he was able to get database file packed up. I don't know what the trick is. Heddly, you able to get a good pack of database file?

Heddly

I can give it a try, I used to be able to do it but forgot what the trick was.

Heddly

Try this version of the db tool, It may work better. It has a GUI  to locate the fo2.db file in the game (be sure to back it up) and then repack the file after making changes. Hope this helps.