Author Topic: How do I modify the traction on tarmac  (Read 616 times)

xdog12

Are their any tutorials that focus on how to modify the cars performance on tarmac. I'm trying to increase the grip to make the game feel more like an arcade game.

Janne Suur-Näkki

To modify the tire properties for tarmac, edit the corresponding profile used by the vehicle's tire in data/vehicle/shared/physics/tiredynamics/tarmac.vpdp. Our vehicles use freckwest2 profile.

You'll find out that simply increasing the grip doesn't make handling more arcade or easier, probably on the contrary.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

St. Jimmy

Are their any tutorials that focus on how to modify the cars performance on tarmac. I'm trying to increase the grip to make the game feel more like an arcade game.

The quickest way is to lower the Center of Mass Height and give negative Rear/Front Lifts in every vehicles chassis.vecs files and then just add more grip. If you add much more grip to what we currently have, the cars flip pretty easily with higher suspension because their weight transfer lifts them from the ground with high grip. Of course using low suspension helps with that also.

It's likely easier to make new profile so there are default values then add Lat and Lon friction because the default one has them on 0. Currently tires use freckwest2 profile. I don't have much time currently write more but here's an example:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/bkadxl

I've made the chassis adjustment for American 5 so try that car. Modify those values and files as you like.

/Wow Mega had taken down the download for no reason. Uploaded it again...
/ And again to another site
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 03:06:44 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR