Author Topic: controller settings/bindings disappear  (Read 1560 times)

kettu31

I'm trying to play with my new fanatec CSW and after trying different combos of keyboard/mouse/xbox controller I was able to play the game ok, but ONLY by navigating from controller settings page to actual start grid WITH fanatec wheel buttons. And I can't navigate game properly only with those.
And yet, bigger issue is that wheel controller settings WON'T SAVE and I have to rebind my wheel every time I exit wheel setting page.
So in fact I'm able to play one "game setup" once and after changing something I have to rebind wheel and use those buttons to play new setup.
Any ideas?

And for the record, I have played this game with no controller problems what so ever before this new UI and with logitech g27 wheel.

-kettu
Specs: Asus Z97-C, i7-4790K, ram 8gb 1866, msi GTX 1080, Xbox controller, Oculus Rift, fanatec CSW 2.5 + CSL pedals + SQ shifter

Janne Suur-Näkki

So even the mouse doesn't work when you've set up the controllers?

Have you tried deleting the user data from the game's folder in Steam/userdata? You don't have to delete the career data if you prefer not to, simply delete the controllers folder as well as the settings files. Might be some kind of an issue with those, can't say for sure.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

kettu31

Thanks Janne,

this advice to delete those settings and controller folder helped a lot! Game recognized wheel bindigs automatically and didn't loose them anymore. Game changer :)
Specs: Asus Z97-C, i7-4790K, ram 8gb 1866, msi GTX 1080, Xbox controller, Oculus Rift, fanatec CSW 2.5 + CSL pedals + SQ shifter

Janne Suur-Näkki

No problem, glad you got it sorted out. I guess it's a some kind of a mismatch with legacy settings data.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

kettu31

Actually, I have to edit verdict. I had the time to play little more and controller settings somehow changed to default after few races. So I had to re-assign gear up and down as well as couple of force feedback setting. So it's easier this time to fix settings (cause not losing them all) ;)

MamieNova

possibly useful info : did you close and restart the game during that ? Or was it all in one session ?

Try double checking if the controller folder could be in read-only status (or even the settings file's read/write/modify permissions).
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

Janne Suur-Näkki

Good point. Do you use an administrator account?

kettu31

Thanks for helping guys.
if I recall correct, settings reset also during one game, but only after using keyboard or mouse to navigate inside game. Not totally sure about this mechanism. I can try at evening. Anyway I'm pretty sure no game reboot needed.
So SHOULD controller folder be in read-only status? Cause it is at the moment and also i'm logged in win10 as admin.

Janne Suur-Näkki

It looks like mine is set to read-only as well, so it's not likely that.

Do you have a lot of different controllers, how many?

kettu31

Only those in my signature (xbox+fanawheel+keyb&mouse). I kept xbox controller not connected while testing.