Author Topic: Wreckfest - Audiodraft Game Music Contest  (Read 3264 times)

Finsku

Thread for Wreckfest Audiodraft Game Music Contest because there wasn't any threads.
(and all conversations was in wrong thread (June update -thread)  >:()

UPDATE

We're running a bit late here but there's still time to vote for your favourites as well as participate so here goes...

A small teaser...

Exciting news! We need a rocking soundtrack for Wreckfest and since we thought this is a perfect chance to promote all the awesome indie bands out there and give our fans a chance to voice their opinion on the soundtrack, we have just opened a game music contest. The winners will have their music featured in our game and receive cash prizes, with the top dog receiving $3,500 and nine runner-ups $1,000 each. Don’t forget that artists featured in our previous games have included many upcoming indie artists as well as household names like Megadeth, Rob Zombie, and Fall Out Boy, so now you or your friends have a chance to break big. We want to have the best possible soundtrack in the game so make sure to vote and share the news with your favourite bands!

Check out the contest site HERE

In other news, as you have no doubt noticed for the most part we’ve been flying under the radar since our last update and that’s simply because we’ve been working on the game like there’s no tomorrow, adding new features and content as well as polishing what we already have. We can soon share more details with you but rest assured there’s a plenty of good stuff coming up – loads of new unique cars, a proper career mode with championships, car paint job customization, brand new HUD, greatly improved AI, polished tracks and a lot more – in short, everything that will soon make Wreckfest a complete game. Stay tuned!

Text are taken from the music contest page: https://wreckfest.audiodraft.com/

Set the mood for reckless racing action and ferocious car wrecking.
The demolition derby racing game Wreckfest is a lively, breakneck, over-the-top experience.
Does your band’s music match that description? Great! Now is your chance to get your music featured in a kick ass game for Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC.
We are looking for your track to pump up the coming Wreckfest game.

What kind music?
The contest is split up in two main categories: Electronic and Rock.
‘Electronic’ means any style of music that relies heavily on machine-made sounds, such as hip-hop, electronica, drum’n’bass.
‘Rock’ refers to music featuring instruments like electric guitars and drums, in this case mainly rock and metal.

Keep in mind that MOOD is more important than GENRE. We’re looking for tracks that are energetic, action-packed,
accelerating, and they can even be a bit abstract. Instrumental versions are always a welcome addition.

How do I participate?
We want to feature bands that are looking to grow their fan base. Your tracks must sound professional and absolutely kick-ass!
Wreckfest is played by hundreds of thousands of fans, so your music needs to appeal to this wide and diverse crowd.
If you have lyrics on your track the preferred language would be English. All entries must be radio friendly to comply with the Wreckfest’s age rating.

IMPORTANT!

Please make sure that you own all the rights to the music you’re submitting.
If you already have a publishing contract, please check with all parties involved that you are allowed to submit your music.

The license for the winning tracks will be:

• non-exclusive (meaning you still own all the rights to your music and can use it in other games, TV shows, etc.)
  • global (because WRECKFEST is played all over the world)
  • covering all media & use (including all game platforms, trailers, video etc.)
  • perpetual (meaning your track can be featured in the game until the end of time)

How to participate?
Head over to the Audiodraft platform from the link below, sign-up, and start uploading! Your band may participate with one or more tracks.
Winners will be selected through voting, so your tracks popularity will be based on shares and likes.
Make sure to engage your fan base to give your track the best chance of winning!

What are you waiting for? Enter now for the opportunity to have hundreds of thousands of new fans hear your music!

# ROCK||# ELECTRONIC
Music featuring "band" instruments like electric guitars and drums.
Rock and metal are preferred, but other takes on the genre are welcome too.
MOOD: energetic, action-packed, accelerating, carnage.
||Any style of music that relies heavily on machine-made sounds, such as hip-hop, electronica, drum’n’bass, etc.
MOOD: energetic, action-packed, accelerating, abstract, cathartic, danceable.

How do I vote?
Yeah, it does look like you can only vote with the Facebook-button and the others are for sharing.

^ the only official guide

# Timeline||# Prizes
Oct 5th, 2017: Submission open for tracks
Oct 23rd, 2017: First shortlists out and voting starts
Oct 27th & Nov 3rd, 2017: Updated shortlists out
Nov 10th, 2017: Submission closed and updated shortlists out
Nov 13th, 2017: Voting closes

The winners announced on Nov 15th, 2017.
||Main Prize $3,500: Placement in the game as a featured tune for the Wreckfest game.
Runners-up 9x $1,000: Placement in the game.

NOTE: The Main Prize and Runner-up prizes will be awarded for tracks from either of the categories based on the voting of the track.

Links:
Wreckfest - Game Music Contest
Wreckfest - Game Music Contest (ENTRIES)
Submit application - ROCK
Submit application - ELECTRONIC
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 06:45:16 PM by Finsku »

Finsku

Okay.. so.. first,
I wanted to get thread because there wasn't any threads about this
Second, all conversations about contest went into June Update -thread
Third, I hope this would activate people to vote or to participate

Damn, those top tracks are great! BUT
Songs in Audiodraft contest are always in same order. People starts to listen new ones but then skip the rest songs.
It SHOULD be randomized. Everytime you load page it shows entries in different orders.
To order there should be order-button that if listener wants to check top voted songs.

St. Jimmy

I'd also want to see the order of newest/latest first. Currently it's not easy to say if you've listened all the new entries. Are they even in released order?
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

The Very End

Great work with this topic! :)

TheEngiGuy

Nice thread!
So, which entries do you all like?

St. Jimmy

Nice thread!
So, which entries do you all like?
I've been bit generous. Currently my like list looks like this:

05-The Wolves Are C by NoMansValley
Twisted Machine by Mathieu
We Won't Stop Now by scottaitken
Denial by StateOfEmberBand
Take A Moment by ProjectRevisePunk
Spit Bucket by boxFields
Driving Rock by sergeibono
Dirty Things by BlackDali
Join WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Telekill

Rock music seems perfect for this type of game. Hopefully we hear something after the content in regards to some kind of release date on all platforms (PS4 is what I'm mostly interested in).

Devin

While electro just doesn't fit and rock music is pretty alright, why oh why didn't anyone actually suggest Eurobeat? Come on, this is absolutely perfect to give Wreckfest some epic flow!

I actually tried to drift all the way through because with this music it is impossible not to drift, no matter the circumstances - but I've injured my right wrist today and drifting with only one arm with such a strong wheel is pretty suicidal so I just couldn't do better today  :(

We should sign a petition or something. Make it happen, bugbear  ;)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 03:21:22 AM by Devin »

TheEngiGuy

While electro just doesn't fit and rock music is pretty alright, why oh why didn't anyone actually suggest Eurobeat? Come on, this is absolutely perfect to give Wreckfest some epic flow!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e222axehTK4

We should sign a petition or something. Make it happen, bugbear  ;)

DEJA VU
I'VE JUST BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE
HIGHER ON THE STREET

St. Jimmy

I'll say also here that euro dance can be counted as electronic (electro) music. Just like industrial metal is rock. So just waiting for any artist to submit something.

Though that's what I prefer 8)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:51:39 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

TheEngiGuy

The same band from Carmageddon Max Damage's OST (Maximum Sexy Pigeon) has joined the party too. WOH!

St. Jimmy

Nice, Recently added and Top rated sorting is in. And it's good that the recently added is the first one 8)
Join WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Callahan420

I went and liked around 27 of these songs. Even though electronic ain't my thing I voted for 2 I think.

Mallorn

I'm doing my stinking best to get my brother-in-law's band in the top but it hard to compete vs bands with a 10000+ Facebook fanbase. 
But with some luck they'll be getting there. 

What I dont understand is, will they chose 10 rock songs AND 10 electronic songs? Or just 10 songs taken from both categories? 

Keep voting! There really are some very nice songs. I voted for 5 entries myself. And yes, I own the game, since 2013. I'm still a huge fan of Flatout 2 (still the best LAN game imho).

Callahan420

Just an fyi,

*Due to the high demand the submission and voting times extended

Submission closes: 17th of Nov, 2017

Voting ends: 20th of Nov, 2017