Author Topic: Wreckfest - Audiodraft Game Music Contest  (Read 3854 times)

TheEngiGuy

That's the kind of communication we like. WOOO!
But for the love of God, make a Steam announcement about that. Not just for the new cars and new info, but also for the contest, most Steam players following the game are still not aware of it (reviews are proof).

THANK YOU!

Janne Suur-Näkki

Good point, seems like there's nothing there so consider it done!
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Janne Suur-Näkki

We are looking forward to it. Hopefully more cars in that category.
Are there any ETA on when we can get more info about the new features? Is it weeks, or right before release which will be in late December probably?

We can't give any specific date or time but yes, sooner rather than later to get a more positive vibe going on and try to build a bit of hype.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Tonza

Sorry for offtopic, but I been wondering if you guys still planning to add those achievement things that Daystar found a while back

Purple44

We're running a bit late here but there's still time to vote for your favourites as well as participate so here goes...

A small teaser...

Still holding out hope we will see a station wagon in Wreckfest come final release day.  :D

Hey, what kind of a banger racing game wouldn't have a station wagon? :D

Thank you, Thank you Bugbear and Janne for keeping your promise to give us a station wagon to race and crunch in Wreckfest!  :D 
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

JohnBlackhills

I can't describe how happy I am about that volvo!  :D Now the only think we need is to connect a caravan to it ;)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks guys, glad you like the wagon! And of course we can't have only one wagon for those epic wagon vs wagon races :)
Sorry for offtopic, but I been wondering if you guys still planning to add those achievement things that Daystar found a while back

Hmm, what might those be?

The Very End

I think they refer to general stats, like speeds, rollovers etc etc. Speaking of which, gamemodes / tweaks to old: You said long time back that you already had means to calculate points for spins / rolls on opponents in derbies, is this something which will reach the final product? And speaking of those game modes, got general news about them? ;)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yes those - they are already tracked and while the detection stuff still needs a little bit of polish we're pretty confident that they will make it.

No new game modes are planned for the release.

The Very End

Thanks for information, and understandable the work towards additional game modes had to be scrapped for the release (simply not enough time).
Business idea: A game mode / content DLC should be in order ;)

Zebulon55

Thanks guys, glad you like the wagon! And of course we can't have only one wagon for those epic wagon vs wagon races :)

Hmm, what might those be?

Here's a link:

Daystar's post #435

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,9943.435.html
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:35:08 AM by Zebulon55 »

RickyB

Ah, I see ... 'soon'.

But jokes aside, the "no new game modes are planned"-remark got me a bit staggered. ??? I guess that means no suicide race, no soccer derby, etc?  :'(  What about the "scoring events" that were mentioned? Are they gonna make it and are those really only for career mode?
Additional game modes have been planned, of course, but since most of them take quite a bit of time to implement we've been leaving them for later, depending on whether we have time or not. What we already know is that there will be many more scoring events for career races so you will gain score for all kinds of other activities than just driving, for example spinning other cars around, hitting them while drifting, causing chain collisions, etc.

sam223

Yes those - they are already tracked and while the detection stuff still needs a little bit of polish we're pretty confident that they will make it.

Is there any chance you could allow 'number of laps' changes to sprint cup. Its the most underused game mode with the most potential imo. I did hex edit the number of laps in the gamemode,but it seems there is some issue with running the edited game mode online (it reverts to 1 lap).

Works fine offline though.Need a official version http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=778999116
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:17:40 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

NAOTENHOBRTURBO

Thank you very much Bugbear for the Volvo Wagon!

Purple44

So Janne, does that mean there will be no random track, random car mode?  :(

I've already written about this idea in some topic, but now I've decide to talk specificly about it.

Mode idea:
Cars and car parts and tracks are picked randomly for each player, than player can see what's he got there (preferable others should see it too) than random track is picked.
Of course boudaries of randomness are set by host.
Not very competitive game mode but shoul be a lot of fun (I hope you did play TF2 Randomizer, because if you didn't, you didn't play TF2) and should also resolve a lot of problems like multiplayer stagnation aka "de_dust 2 syndome" like when you are only able to find cirlce with muscle 2 cars racing there.

I think this haven't been done in any racing game at all.

I've wanted a random track, random car mode since Flatout 1. We did random track mode for FO1 but did not happen for FO2 community mod. The closest I get to seeing random car mode online is each player in my Flatout 1 or 2 host, get a turn to pick a car they want to race.

Not sure how well a random car for each player in races would go over, Would make the racing unbalance if got stuck in a slow car. In races, I think it better that game pick a random car for all players to use in the next race.

Now in a derby, random car for each player might workout OK, players would use different strategy depending on the car derby player gets. In Flatout 2, we got tired of the Canyon, so would pick other cars and target any player using a Canyon. Will the Sedan become the new Canyon in Wreckfest? But have to say the Sedan is not as dominate in a derby like the Canyon was in Flatout 2. So no need to weaken the Sedan, it fine the way it is now. I have won last man standing derbys with the mini Euro against Sedans online.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel