Author Topic: Wreckfest - Audiodraft Game Music Contest  (Read 3265 times)

TheEngiGuy

But jokes aside, the "no new game modes are planned"-remark got me a bit staggered. ??? I guess that means no suicide race, no soccer derby, etc?  :'(  What about the "scoring events" that were mentioned? Are they gonna make it and are those really only for career mode?
Additional game modes have been planned, of course, but since most of them take quite a bit of time to implement we've been leaving them for later, depending on whether we have time or not. What we already know is that there will be many more scoring events for career races so you will gain score for all kinds of other activities than just driving, for example spinning other cars around, hitting them while drifting, causing chain collisions, etc.

Suicide Race would be the best thing ever for this game, and I can imagine the online community growing drastically for it.

Janne Suur-Näkki

So Janne, does that mean there will be no random track, random car mode?  :(

Sorry Purple, it's unlikely seeing as we're working against a tight deadline.

We actually looked into implementing Suicide Race but since the whole AI logic (as well as race position logic for the player) currently assumes that everyone drives into the same direction it would have been more complex to implement than we initially hoped, hence it needed to go. That said who knows - we'd still love to include it one day, it's a classic game mode that would rock especially online.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Purple44

Janne, did the 5 sec delayed reset make it into the online options?

Usually the rule for fig8 racing is reset off. Last Saturday had to leave resets on for the Nevada Depot Fig8 track so when the train take your car "down the tracks", you could reset your car.  :P

And when we race the stock tracks that are not oval or fig8, I will turn resets off and ask the guys in the lobby to wait 5 secs before using a reset if needed. Take fun out of a race if get on your roof after rolling car or if car get stuck in the ground after a jump and may have to sit there, rest the race. But we seen players abuse the reset if it enable. Their car get knock for a loop and are reseting their car before it hit the ground! :(

Janne, was Bugbear able stop the cars from getting stuck in the tracks? It seem it the tire area that like to get stuck in the track maps. This happens offline and online.  :(

Car getting stuck on track

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Aj5dznlw7Yh9k7rUlaU7rX4259Xkjb889w/view

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

presuming ed

Sad I missed the nominations.

If this game had some Mariachi El Bronx in it, it would be much the richer.

Fast paced but lends itself perfectly to the clownish, mad gameplay.

I strongly recommend that the devs break all their own rules in order to incorporate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3u4gOc72BE

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sorry, that was thrown out as well.

As for the tires sinking through the terrain, looks like it's still happening every now and then.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Devin

Shame, that would've been an important feature. Any reason why it was thrown out? No time to implement? It should be pretty straight forward so I doubt it's that, but I have no other explaination  :-[

Purple44

As for the tires sinking through the terrain, looks like it's still happening every now and then.

I have to warn Bugbear, I think Bugbear will get a bad knock come final release reviews if cars getting stuck as bad they do in the June Build. The AM5 get stuck a lot. If Bugbear get this down to rarely happening, then I think Wreckfest won't take a hit in final release reviews.

Cars getting stuck in track map only became a problem this year. Was not problem in 2015-2016.

Janne has there been any tweaking of scoring for team racing?

Yeah... I need to look up the point system. 
The first car starts at 7 or 8 (cant remember exactly) and the points go down quickly after 3rd place.   Single points do not ever really help.  I will need to play more to get a feel of the point system (or just search on it around here) but the cars in the middle deserve more than 1 point.  There should be 'group' breakdowns where 1, 2 and 3rd place get higher points - but then cars in the middle should get something like 3 or 2 points for a while... then the last 4 cars or so should get 1.    The single point rewards start too early.

I will have to look this up.

Ya I agree there should be more points given to players in the middle of the pack when they finish a lap. Ive only done team racing online.

Maybe the points can scale to how many players start the race and break up the scoring  into 3 groups: top, middle, bottom.

6 or less - Top 3, B3

7-8 players Top 3, M1-2 , B3

9-14 players - Top 4, M2-4, B3-6

15-20 players - Top 5, M4-7, B6-8

21-24 players - Top 6, M7-9, B8-9

I do like when you in the bottom half, you can score extra points by wrecking the other team's cars!  :D

I've been taking the blocker roll online with the Sedan on oval races. :)

Scaling the points would take some work getting the code right, so can understand if this did not get done. But if nothing been done yet, would be possible to do this?

Right now team scoring goes like this:

1st   - 6 pts   and 1 pt if get best lap time
2nd  - 5 pts
3rd  - 4 pts
4th  - 3 pts
5th  - 2 pts
6th-24th  - 1 pt

5 pts if you wreck someone.

I propose this tweak to the scoring:

1st   - 9 pts   and 1 pt if get best lap time
2nd  - 8 pts
3rd  - 7 pts
4th  - 6 pts
5th  - 5 pts
6th  - 4 pts
7th  - 3 pts
8th  - 2 pts
9th-24th  - 1 pt

Expanding the scoring would give the guys racing in the middle a sense that they are hepling increasing team score. And as a wrecker, that give me more targets to try slow down ( pit ). As it is now, why bother with player in 6th place and risk damaging my car if 6th place player only scoring 1 pt?

Would it take much to add this bit of coding Janne?

Team derby scoring is just find, except with June Build, guys not been getting credit for their hits. And believe we see same problem even if not using team scoring. I hope Bugbear has look into this.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

TheEngiGuy

What about mechanical damage affecting driving? Will it come back?

Janne Suur-Näkki

Just some quick comments...

Yes, mechanical damage will be featured and expanded considerably.

Team Race scoring has been adjusted (as per Purple's suggestion above actually) but will require some testing.

The issue with some wreck scores not registering has been fixed as well.

We're still looking into the issue with the tires clipping through the ground, it's a complex issue but hopefully we can dial in some improvements.

TheEngiGuy

Team Race scoring has been adjusted (as per Purple's suggestion above actually) but will require some testing.

We're still looking into the issue with the tires clipping through the ground, it's a complex issue but hopefully we can dial in some improvements.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

sam223

Sounds great. Looking forward to more mechanical damage options.

Did you manage to resolve the health damage sharing issue? Where whoever is going faster receives no damage at the minute.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yes Sam, that got fixed as well.

sam223

Yes Sam, that got fixed as well.
Nice,i know a lot will be happy about that. Did you see my reply regarding 'sprint cup'. Is that a possibility? or a similar mode with more laps to make it more useful.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

Janne Suur-Näkki

Oh yes, that one - what's wrong with changing the laps, it's bugged?

sam223

Oh yes, that one - what's wrong with changing the laps, it's bugged?
Its locked in game to 2 laps. I tried changing the amount of laps but it reverts to 2 laps online (works fine offline).

Same game mode with the option to change number of laps in game would make the gamemode more useful. Or alternatively Sprint Cup (5 laps),Sprint Cup (10 laps) and Sprint Cup (15 laps) fixed gamemodes.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 05:46:09 PM by sam223 »