Author Topic: Wreckfest - Audiodraft Game Music Contest [Ended]  (Read 10755 times)

Purple44

Just some quick comments...

Yes, mechanical damage will be featured and expanded considerably.

Team Race scoring has been adjusted (as per Purple's suggestion above actually) but will require some testing.

The issue with some wreck scores not registering has been fixed as well.

We're still looking into the issue with the tires clipping through the ground, it's a complex issue but hopefully we can dial in some improvements.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Agree, thank Janne. :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Any chance of getting this tweak Janne?

Just ran into this problem again online tonight.

Went to a deathmatch derby, but timer defaults to 20 mins and I forgot to change it to my usually pick of 6 min timer.

Bugbear, can we get this default timer lower to maybe 8 or 10 mns?

Players in the lobby get tried of waiting and leave the lobby!!  :( :(  :'(

Will the end of the race rewards ( Fast Lap, Mad Dog, and Heavy Hitter ) make it back in Janne?

Will we be able to swap cars parts while in the online lobby again Janne? Not being able to swap car parts, I have had to wait until players leave, go change car parts, rejoin lobby again before starting the next race. :(

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks Sam, we'll take another look.

Purple, some of the awards will make a comeback indeed.

For lobby, changing parts is not planned at the moment for various reasons - but we're confident that the significant number of cars available in the final game will alleviate the problem.

Tonza

For lobby, changing parts is not planned at the moment for various reasons - but we're confident that the significant number of cars available in the final game will alleviate the problem.
Being able to buy the same car multiple times would fix the problem right?

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sure, but that's not something that's possible in the larger scheme of things.

Sure, but that's not something that's possible in the larger scheme of things.
Thats going to be a community killer or already has since the june update not being able to change setups......

Purple44

But if want swap suspension or tires ( we are going get back to dirt and racing tires again? ) and maybe tranny, we will have to leave the lobby to do so?

A car setup for Tarmac 2, is going have issues on Gravel or Tour of the Destruction tracks.  :P
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 01:21:14 PM by Purple44 »

Callahan420

Thanks for the news and updates Janne.

Shame about not having multiples of cars or changing parts in the lobby.

So will we be able to load different setups in the lobby?

Mallorn

I noticed the "Staff Picks" list has been added to https://wreckfest.audiodraft.com/   

There are some nice unnoticed (by me) songs I liked. Might be worth another visit! 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:57:19 PM by Mallorn »

Janne Suur-Näkki

Too bad Chuck Norris by Stevi didn't make the Staff Picks, my favourite :)

Anyway, make sure to vote as long as there's still some time left so that we have the best possible soundtrack for the game!

Vehicle setup loading/saving was actually something that was on our wishlist for long but such a complex feature was simply not possible to implement due to all the more important stuff.

sam223

Too bad Chuck Norris by Stevi didn't make the Staff Picks, my favourite :)

Anyway, make sure to vote as long as there's still some time left so that we have the best possible soundtrack for the game!

Vehicle setup loading/saving was actually something that was on our wishlist for long but such a complex feature was simply not possible to implement due to all the more important stuff.
What about unlocking garage online again or changing the parts system back to additions rather than unlocks?
The problem currently is you build a car in the garage for 1 track,then its completely useless when the track changes,so you need to leave the lobby to change parts.

Need a system that allows you to either build the same car more than once with different parts,be able to change the parts whilst in lobby or have enough cars in a similar category so you can have 4 competitive chassis.Long/short track tarmac car,long/short track offroad car
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Janne Suur-Näkki

I know what you mean, it's far from an ideal situation from multiplayer perspective but as things are what they are we have had to make some painful decisions. Seeing as we will have many more cars in each class we thought there will be enough cars for different style builds, however, this is still not a watertight solution since with loaner cars you're stuck with whatever parts they come with so you would need in-game money to purchase all those cars.

Since the problem is not so much with the performance parts but more advanced stuff like differentials and gearboxes it would seem like a perfect solution would be to actually remove those parts altogether and instead allow the player to tune differential, gear ratios and so on in the lobby/pre-race screen.

sam223

I know what you mean, it's far from an ideal situation from multiplayer perspective but as things are what they are we have had to make some painful decisions. Seeing as we will have many more cars in each class we thought there will be enough cars for different style builds, however, this is still not a watertight solution since with loaner cars you're stuck with whatever parts they come with so you would need in-game money to purchase all those cars.

Since the problem is not so much with the performance parts but more advanced stuff like differentials and gearboxes it would seem like a perfect solution would be to actually remove those parts altogether and instead allow the player to tune differential, gear ratios and so on in the lobby/pre-race screen.
I agree, its the options which are the problem but they are also the reason why the game has longevity. The upgrades don't really serve much purpose other than buy the best when you can afford it,although hopefully class restricted lobbies will become a thing.

Maybe the 'difficulty' menu could be re-purposed to tuning instead?
Either loading/changing the individual parts you have in your inventory for that chassis like this

or by loading and editing global settings for each individual part like this

Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Paul_B

Like that setup Sam a bit more realistic.

Janne,  that sound track is wasted on me never use music when racing, the cars are my sound track !
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks Sam, the UI is not so much the problem but multiplayer functionality.

Paul, I know what you mean, especially IRL!