Author Topic: Help changing the handling?  (Read 175 times)

mvrersg

Hello, all I'm really wondering is how to change the handling and how the car moves like I've seen other handling mods do. All I'm looking to do is reduce some of the drifting and fish tailing when my back end swings out around a corner too fast, and when I let go of the accelerator the car will slow down sooner. Is there any way I can do this just by editing files or do I need a program? Thanks! :D

Purple44

Hello, all I'm really wondering is how to change the handling and how the car moves like I've seen other handling mods do. All I'm looking to do is reduce some of the drifting and fish tailing when my back end swings out around a corner too fast, and when I let go of the accelerator the car will slow down sooner. Is there any way I can do this just by editing files or do I need a program? Thanks! :D

This happen a lot more with the new A class cars from the June Build. B class cars are more easier to control when using no assists. All that extra horsepower tends to spin the tires easier. Might try B class cars, then won't have to mod your game.

Can't help ya when it come to what files to edit to effect handling of car.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

mvrersg

I use anything from A class cars to D class, usually C or D, depending on what I feel like doing. Tarmac three is really fun for A class, because its like an f1 racing track. All of the sandpits are really good for anything.
What I was looking at doing is to be able to go from euro beat super mile-long-drift racing at high speeds to quick, precise turns on a track trying to out-turn your opponent on the racing line. I got a steam mod called "current build aero fix" which is supposed to add more grip when going around corners, which helps a bit when I have driving on easy. If I want to drift I get pritchards gameplay overhaul, put driving on hard
and grab a class A car with a slippy diff. Thanks for the help, though.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:32:51 PM by mvrersg »