Author Topic: Big Update Coming Before Christmas!  (Read 10971 times)

Purple44

Sorry if this has been said before, but have you decided if there will be a used parts section in the game (the classifieds)? One of our backer rewards was to have our name in the classifieds, so I hope this wasn't cut.

Ya I be curious if this will be there in career mode, the classifieds. This was one of the reasons I paid the $70 for my first copy of NCG\Wreckfest back in September 2013. To see Purple44 in the classified section selling badly worn, cheap car parts. :P
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

djfil007

Can't wait to try it out.  Really looking forward to checking out the career mode depth.
Win 10 | i5-3570K | 8GB RAM | GTX 1080 ti | 256GB SSD | 3x 24" 1080p Monitors
"SW20" SimuCUBE OSW | Momo Mod 30 Rim w/ custom SLI-Pro button panel | CSR Elite Pedals | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter

Zebulon55

Number 1 is definitely a second generation Chevy Monte Carlo, and I agree that 5 is a Datsun.

I'm gonna agree with Daystar and say 8 is a 1975 Chevy El Camino.

I first thought maybe number 8 had the roofline/quarter window of a first generation Olds Toronado, which with a V8 motor and front wheel drive would be awesome in Wreckfest, but the rear wheel is set back too far for a Toro. Gotta be an El Camino, for Real. (subtle California joke/reference there - lol)

(Sp - The Royal Road)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:02:58 PM by Zebulon55 »
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Paul_B

Gonna be good to see this finally come together. Been into race sims for years but really looking forward to this, more any other updates in the genre this year !

Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift

Tonza

Great news!!! 8) 8) 8)

Caley19

I'm curious if repair/crew system and seeing damage on cars after race in garage is also part of "And a lot more"?  ;)

Also.. would like to see some kind of small teaser/trailer before this update gets out it could also help to get more attention and it could also help to change a lot of negative reviews to positive.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 04:45:58 PM by JohnBlackhills »
Also known as John Blackhills.

TPEHAK

I'm so excited! Can't wait the new update!
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

RickyB

Nice, but I hope the mechanical damage thing will not reduce the fun of crashing. If it's going to "punish the player's car for contacts and crashes", then I'm afraid it could. :/ That would feel counter-intuitive for this game, at least for me. I hope it's optional or adjustable in vanilla game without mods.

Now that there's a little bit more dev time - time to implement some more fun gamemodes. :D

Tonza

Nice, but I hope the mechanical damage thing will not reduce the fun of crashing. If it's going to "punish the player's car for contacts and crashes", then I'm afraid it could. :/ That would feel counter-intuitive for this game, at least for me. I hope it's optional or adjustable in vanilla game without mods.

Now that there's a little bit more dev time - time to implement some more fun gamemodes. :D

Maybe, hopefully, there's possibility for enabling and disabling mechanical damage like in flatout 2. it was something like full, wheels only and none, right?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:05:16 PM by Tonza »

Tonza

Maybe, hopefully, there's possibility for enabling and disabling mechanical damage like in flatout 2. it was something like full, wheels only and none, right?
damn what did i do here? lol sorry for the double post

Zebulon55

Oh, the unmitigated fun of a flat tire or bent pitman arm!  ::)
The jubilation of being stuck in first gear for half the race.  :)
Because there will be no greater joy this Christmas than limping your realisticly damaged car around the track.  :D

I guess you could just concentrate on being a slowly creeping mobile hazard for the good drivers who didn't f@(# up their car, and when it really starts to suck, you can park that wreck in a bottleneck or blind corner and retire. Then go into spectate and put the camera someplace where you can watch others have fun until they hit your wreck and become a slowly creeping mobile hazard.  :P

There really should be some server-side option for a driving model damage multiplier. Surely Bugbear can agree to this.  8)

Lame, I know.

Devin

Because there will be no greater joy this Christmas than limping your realisticly damaged car around the track.  :D

I guess you could just concentrate on being a slowly creeping mobile hazard for the good drivers who didn't f@(# up their car, and when it really starts to suck, you can park that wreck in a bottleneck or blind corner and retire.
Daaaaamn now I wish the update would be out right now  8) This description is absolutely amazing

Zebulon55

Sorry if this has been said before, but have you decided if there will be a used parts section in the game (the classifieds)? One of our backer rewards was to have our name in the classifieds, so I hope this wasn't cut.

Ya I be curious if this will be there in career mode, the classifieds. This was one of the reasons I paid the $70 for my first copy of NCG\Wreckfest back in September 2013. To see Purple44 in the classified section selling badly worn, cheap car parts. :P

The classifieds is about the only benefit of being a 50 or 70 dollar supporter that would be unlikely to get shared among the community. The backer car, how long until that's out there for everybody's free use? The soundtrack? That'll probably get shared to anyone wanting it right away.

Anyway, I paid at the $50 level and I don't really care about the backer items. I'm just looking forward to the full game and full servers!  8)

Lame, I know.

Zebulon55

I guess you could just concentrate on being a slowly creeping mobile hazard for the good drivers who didn't f@(# up their car, and when it really starts to suck, you can park that wreck in a bottleneck or blind corner and retire.
Daaaaamn now I wish the update would be out right now  8) This description is absolutely amazing

LOL - IKR!

Lame, I know.

RickyB

Nah... don't need mechanical damage to park my car somewhere on the track and spectate. ;) Limping around the track in first gear sounds pretty horrible... 
Well, I guess different people have different tastes... "one man's meat is another man's poison."  :)