Author Topic: Big Update Coming Before Christmas!  (Read 7155 times)

catn1p

Or a Delorean. Would not be a surprise, Flatout 2 had a delorean too.

That was my first thought too when I saw this blurry thing in the red circle
generally driving fair, unless being pestered
                    do you even drift bro?
Intel i7-7700 @ 4,2 GHz // GeForce GTX 1080
16 GB RAM // 250 GB SSD // 2 TB HDD // G27

Speedevil

I think the white car is actually a first gen Camaro.

Tonza

BB, have you guys thought of proper names for the cars yet? I came up with a name suggestion for the backer car - The Bugganeer  ;)

JohnBlackhills

Yeah, great name idea! Also AI names. I'm tired of seeing those player 1, player 2, player 3, player 4, player 5, player 6, player 7, player 8, player 9, player 10, player 11, player 12, player 13, player 14, player 15, player 16, player 17, player 18, player 19, player 20, player 21, player 22, player 23 names  ::)

Tonza

Yeah, great name idea! Also AI names. I'm tired of seeing those player 1, player 2, player 3, player 4, player 5, player 6, player 7, player 8, player 9, player 10, player 11, player 12, player 13, player 14, player 15, player 16, player 17, player 18, player 19, player 20, player 21, player 22, player 23 names  ::)

Yeah, that too. Too bad Bugbear maybe can't use the old flatout character names since it isn't their IP anymore

Scratch that, not being able to use the names with no connection to the orignal character sounds just weird. Surely you can't copyright protect a name?

sam223

Yeah, that too. Too bad Bugbear maybe can't use the old flatout character names since it isn't their IP anymore

Scratch that, not being able to use the names with no connection to the orignal character sounds just weird. Surely you can't copyright protect a name?
You can name the ai whatever you want already,its just a .txt file
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Speedevil

BB, have you guys thought of proper names for the cars yet? I came up with a name suggestion for the backer car - The Bugganeer  ;)

I'd like the cars to have manufacturers too, we already have the Detroit Superior ZS (Firebird) and the Genk Sprint V6 (Taunus), although they just have generic names in the menu.

TT

That bent up white car from the video might be #5 from the new cars preview picture.

Can't tell if it looks more like a Corvette or an old Datsun 240Z or 280Z.

Looking great!

I hope there is an option to turn off health bars.

Maybe just have the more damaged cars smoke more?

PsychOXRat

Ignore, repeated otther stuff
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:33:39 PM by PsychOXRat »
System Specs: Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

Tonza

You can name the ai whatever you want already,its just a .txt file

Yeah, but once it's out not everyone gonna change that. It would be better for BB to come up with some driver names

JohnBlackhills

I hope there is an option to turn off health bars.

Maybe just have the more damaged cars smoke more?

I don't like health bars at all. It's just - find car with the smallest amount of health and crash it. Not a lot of strategy needed for derby/racing. Maybe if you can see health bar only after you hit someone, like it was in flatout, where you could see only health bar of nearest opponent.

Also would be awesome if instead of getting your car on fire after it's destroyed - to make it just smoking from engine and maybe if you're lucky you can get your car back running for a litle bit longer. With feature like trying to get your car back on the track even after it's destroyed, you can get really awesome moments while racing. Just imagine that you already survived a lot of laps and you're just like "cmon just survive these last laps" and you have to start your engine in almost every corner because your car is almost dead  ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:23:45 PM by JohnBlackhills »

BenDover

Hey havent been on here for a while or played the game but hey, I am back :P

For tracks, we're looking at having all the tracks at a pretty polished shape by the update + some new routes.

With this do you also mean you will fix the cutting problem we have had on alot of the tracks or is that still an issue we will see going furture? :P
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Heddly

I have been hoping for the ability to save the controller setting for different cars. I find that different cars respond better to different controller settings. Is this possible in the future updates Janne?

Finsku

guessing time!

<link>

My guesses
> Bugbear got coming update ready and they are testing it right now.
> BB accidentally uploaded stuff without password protection and encryption. Saw the mistake -> removed the change. Reuploaded but on this time with encryption? ????
> Next update will be ~1.14GiB sized

My wild guess
> Update comes out tomorrow (if BB doesn't find stuff like bugs and lizards which they have to fix before updating) :P

The Very End

1.14gb of goodies!

Yeah hopefully they get it out this week. Gives them time to bug-hunting some days before the holidays which usually lasts a week or two.