Author Topic: Dev Blog: Paint customization  (Read 5833 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Ugh, I think I forgot about it completely - we'll check, hard to say whether it can cause any issues without looking.

That's a clever workaround indeed.

KingOfTheCakes

I'm fine with this. Great work BB! :D As for paint schemes, I'd like one where it's basically a number spray painted on, a bit like some of the earlier paint jobs. I'm a simple man.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 06:08:56 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Janne Suur-Näkki

And about player-customizable racing number, we know it's something that many would love to have so never say never.

sam223

Ugh, I think I forgot about it completely - we'll check, hard to say whether it can cause any issues without looking.

That's a clever workaround indeed.
Np i just remember you mentioning back in june that the plan was to unlock more than 64.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

TPEHAK

I like this tool!
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

hitsover

I would hope that the paint customization allows us to fully customise the paint, at least to do more than 2 colours, I cant work out how to put pics on here atm, but to have one colour down to below the windows and on the bonnet and boot, 2nd color as a band along the side of the car to below the door handles, and a 3rd colour below that. To have full customization of this would be ideal, the set ones are great at the moment, but there are many people who will spend a good deal of time to replicate their real liveries, along with a decent amount of signwriting options, number, name, nickname, and different fonts. Im talking from a UK bangers point of view but ive no doubt its important to all.
Dont bite the hand that feeds.

Zebulon55

No worries; skinners can still do full customization, even as players can only choose up to 2 colors.

The game allows you to have one user selectable base color, one selectable livery color in any pattern the person who designed the livery(s) can think of, and possibly other colors included in the skin as decals.

A skin designer can create a skin that has as many fixed colors and detail as he or she pleases, with from zero to two user customizable colors.

So, a skin designer can have all kinds of freedom, but a game user can only select a base color and a livery color. You'll have to learn to do custom skins to replicate those fancy multi-color paint jobs.

I'm doing the Robber euro1 ii cars for purple44's Cops & Robbers Mod now (event will be January 1st), and have the fixed color versions from earlier as well as a "roll your own" version  that allows players to choose their own base and livery colors.

This paint system is pretty cool.  8)
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Luc34

When you create a custom skin do the other players see it in multiplayer ?
I never saw a car in mp with a custom skin sadly.

Purple44

When you create a custom skin do the other players see it in multiplayer ?
I never saw a car in mp with a custom skin sadly.

When you using the in-game paint menu, the custom color you pick are seen online.

But true custom skins are not seen online. I did this post in the thread you started:

If racing stock version of Wreckfest online, no the other players will not see you custom skin.  :(

But if racing online with a mod that has some custom skins, then all players will see custom skin.  :D

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Please allow us to paint the rims of the car.
It would also be cool to be able to spray paint the car using the mouse.
Stencils would also be great.

Zethsquatch

Give us full paint customization and I'll be a happy man
It's a good start but I want to make my own livery from paint color to my own decals. Forza has spoiled me lol

Daystar

Even NR2003 had a pretty cool paintshop. and that was a long time ago. simple enough for anyone to use!

Luc34

+1

I dream about a Forza-like paint customizer !

3 colors or more, we chose to do our own livery, adding stickers from a library ...
or import ours.

dreamin' ...

CFodder

+1

I dream about a Forza-like paint customizer !

3 colors or more, we chose to do our own livery, adding stickers from a library ...
or import ours.

dreamin' ...
Would be awesome if they could do it :).