Author Topic: Personal Opinions @ BUGBEAR STAFF!!!!!  (Read 547 times)

Mopower

Of course there are a ton of different things that each of us wants in the game. These things will vary greatly between each user and thus I have about 3-4 things that I think are absolute necessities to optimize the game. There are probably 10 more things that I would like ,but I believe that the ones below are NECESSITIES.

1) Optimize the game to run faster if possible. I have noticed lower FPS lately and I run most settings at low or off.
2)Fix takedowns or get rid of Deathmatch. The takedowns are still broken and I still get last hit on a car but either don't get credit for takedown or I only get an assist which is really confusing as to how you win a deathmatch then...
3)Have Last Team Standing mode for demolition derbies. This is obvious, and why ya'll don't have this mode yet is waaaayyyyy beyond me.
4) resets suck and they are broken. Please have STANDARD OPTION to have them OFF. THey literally ruin everything about online gameplay. EVERYTHINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGG. People are so damn good at resetting now that they do it before you even hit them. Such a stupid and broken feature. Please just remove them from teh game for the love of my own sanity. Your game will NEVER be fair/competitive if you leave resets on and reverse limiter on as standard.

To touch on that last bit again. In FOUC the standard way to set up a lobby was with 0% upgrades. And ranked lobbies would queue you up with 0% upgrades every damn game unless you specifically searched to have upgrades. Shouldn't RANKED matches be amongst the BEST cars and setups and drivers in the game????? SHouldn't it be as fair as possible???

When someone is running a race and they are super fast, but they roll their car 500 yds ahead of the pack, they DESERVE to lose. Why? Because anyone can go balls to the walls, but it's the conservative driving that takes podiums in the large lobbies and no rules servers. You would rather let someone who is just fast win over someone who has a legit strategy? Let's equal that out so that people can't just learn the fastest lines and stomp out the competition.

TAKE HEED TO THESE BUGBEAR. I AM TELLING YOU THAT IT IS A MAKE OR BREAK FOR ANYONE WHO IS LIKE ME, BUT DOESN'T HAVE TEH SAME LOYALTY TO YOUR GAMES.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 09:56:37 PM by Mopower »

Myni

I made a profile just to answer your post.

while I dont agree that your ideas are *necessities* you have a few good points.

1.) I can agree that the game isn't very well optimised, but if you can't run it with most settings on low/off you might want to upgrade your pc. if you for example got a gtx 450 you might want to upgrade, because I doubt that they'll ever be able to make it run good for you.

2.) I almost fully agree, Deathmatch needs to be in the game though, they just need to get it right. it's so much fun when its done correctly. (Fo1 & 2)
I'd say that they need to decrease the amount of damage you take when smashing into someone at higher speeds than they are, to motivate the player to be more agressive. Instead of circling around the outside and let the others fight it out and then swoop in and take the weak ones out.

and also, like you were saying, they need to fix it so when you "kill" someone you actually get the kill. It's extremely frustrating when I see someone with low health standing next to a wall and I crash into them and take them out, but not getting a takedown for it.

3.) Not obvious imo. how would you like to see it being done if they added it? to make it fun and have ACTUAL teamplay?

24 players? bigger/smaller arenas? teamcolours? abilities? different car classes? (smaller and bigger cars on both sides to make it more strategic?) "Friendly fire"?

Personally, Id love to see the two teams (maybe even 3-4?) have set car classes, so you need to have a set amount of small and big cars in the team. and teamcolours so you know which car is on your team.

4.) Agreed online. they shouldn't be in there, but servers should have the option to   turn them on/off. or you could add a cooldown timer, so it's impossible to spam. maybe a cooldown of 1 minute.

Ranked should have cars with no upgrades on them, everyone should be on the same level.

but, Wreckfest isn't GT sport, you're allowed to smash into eachother. People playing dirty shouldn't be punished for it.

I really don't get the last part of your point, people should automatically loose because they've learned which the fastest lines are? what? that's just game knowledge and they SHOULDN'T get punsihed for it.

Adenru

Resets have been an issue from day 1 and it's became even worse - current are FlatOut 2 style which not only spawn you accelerated but also give invincibility, it means resetting can be tactically used for winning, in other words, built-in cheat.
FlatOut 1 got resets just right - they were used only when absolutely necessary.

sam223

Just ask admins to turn them off? I never allow resets on my servers
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Tonza

I made a profile just to answer your post.

while I dont agree that your ideas are *necessities* you have a few good points.

1.) I can agree that the game isn't very well optimised, but if you can't run it with most settings on low/off you might want to upgrade your pc. if you for example got a gtx 450 you might want to upgrade, because I doubt that they'll ever be able to make it run good for you.

2.) I almost fully agree, Deathmatch needs to be in the game though, they just need to get it right. it's so much fun when its done correctly. (Fo1 & 2)
I'd say that they need to decrease the amount of damage you take when smashing into someone at higher speeds than they are, to motivate the player to be more agressive. Instead of circling around the outside and let the others fight it out and then swoop in and take the weak ones out.

and also, like you were saying, they need to fix it so when you "kill" someone you actually get the kill. It's extremely frustrating when I see someone with low health standing next to a wall and I crash into them and take them out, but not getting a takedown for it.

3.) Not obvious imo. how would you like to see it being done if they added it? to make it fun and have ACTUAL teamplay?

24 players? bigger/smaller arenas? teamcolours? abilities? different car classes? (smaller and bigger cars on both sides to make it more strategic?) "Friendly fire"?

Personally, Id love to see the two teams (maybe even 3-4?) have set car classes, so you need to have a set amount of small and big cars in the team. and teamcolours so you know which car is on your team.

4.) Agreed online. they shouldn't be in there, but servers should have the option to   turn them on/off. or you could add a cooldown timer, so it's impossible to spam. maybe a cooldown of 1 minute.

Ranked should have cars with no upgrades on them, everyone should be on the same level.

but, Wreckfest isn't GT sport, you're allowed to smash into eachother. People playing dirty shouldn't be punished for it.

I really don't get the last part of your point, people should automatically loose because they've learned which the fastest lines are? what? that's just game knowledge and they SHOULDN'T get punsihed for it.
About Mopower's last point, imo they shouldn't lose (that would be just weird) but yeah if someone gets far away after the race start shenanigans, they're gonna have much easier time. Heat  would help with that, so the faster people start up front and slower people start behind.

and yeah resets are just straight up cheating in their current form