Author Topic: Dev Blog: What are we working on (January)  (Read 7457 times)

Black Diesel

I would like to be able to sell my cars that I don't use. Gah, my garage is full of unused garbages.
Mudnight Dirt Club

TheEngiGuy

On the other hand, what this game needs before release is graphically better deformation (with less gloomy reflections) and more realistic roll physics for cars.

JohnBlackhills

I think Nexus is a good example for a decent damage model. I like when bumpers, spoilers and roofs are open or attached on one side and they last like that for some time before someone hit u and those parts fall of. I wouldn't have any problem if every car in wf has damage model like nexus have right now. And yeah roll physics could be better. Sometimes when you get hit your car is just spining around the track like a fan

sam223

So hyped for the new update coming out! New car looks great (I think we seen this one in some screenshots shown by mistake ;))  But I'm mostly exited about new car parts customization and I really hope we can also add some "faces" to the front of some of the new cars. Yeah I understand they are banger cars and that's how they look like, but I just can't help myself I just want to smash those front/rear lights and grill covers, bumpers and see all those details damaged and falling apart   :).
Bangers have faces IRL its just the lights,glass and plastic that normally gets removed. The older the car you race, the more complete they look when raced.Whereas modern cars are full of useless plastic bumpers/wrap around trim.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

KingOfTheCakes

On the other hand, what this game needs before release is graphically better deformation (with less gloomy reflections) and more realistic roll physics for cars.

Definitely agree on needing better roll physics, though it's probably too late now. I remember it being more logical in older builds as well. I don't mind the over the top nature of it, but there are times where the ridiculous rolling happens over the smallest of hits or bumps, the Hammerhead and Nexus being two of the worst examples for me.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:51:35 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

TheEngiGuy

I think Nexus is a good example for a decent damage model. I like when bumpers, spoilers and roofs are open or attached on one side and they last like that for some time before someone hit u and those parts fall of. I wouldn't have any problem if every car in wf has damage model like nexus have right now. And yeah roll physics could be better. Sometimes when you get hit your car is just spining around the track like a fan

The problem is that (and I sound like a broken record here) car behaviour during collisions and rolls is unpredictable, e.g. the car hits the ground with its rear right bumper, but instead of the rear bouncing to the opposite direction of the impact, the car reacts weirdly just to get back on its wheels. This is probably my only issue with the game.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 08:05:51 PM by TheEngiGuy »

Do you guys think its the last update ?

Is that beta release? ;D

Last was early alpha. :o
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

St. Jimmy

Do you guys think its the last update ?
No, I believe there will also be some kind of a "release candidate" build before they're release it fully. I'd say there will be two more builds excluding hotfixes.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Tonza

Looks like we getting bunch of new cars again, the volvo pv we seen earlier, olds custom cruiser (yay for another estate car!) and a bel air(?)

Purple44

I'm home from work and I find this over at Steam forum:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/1699415798762948578/?tscn=1517548555

Quote from: Magnetron
So i started to do the career and starter out clear and fun but now i reached a point where i'm like ok?

I want to start the FWD challenge so i bought a FWD car... tuned it, upgraded it, painted it and i wanted to start..

But it still says 0.

I say this because stuff like this really needs more information, add description to add what cars can be used and if you can upgrade them or not.

Thanks

Quote from: JannesBB;1699415798763092322
Very true - will be addressed in the update today.

Quote from: JannesBB;1699415798763479738
1 hour ago
Not surprisingly we ran into some last-minute issues but we're working on them, hang tight.

And I see a new tweeter post:

Soon :)

Is that a rearend of a 50s Chevy??
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

TT

Looks like it.

I also see an American wagon.

Plus new vintage Euro.

This looks great!

Antsaboy

Update OUT NOW!! 2.7GB
Intel Core i5 4670K @4.0GHz / Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti Boost / 8 GB RAM / Windows 10 Pro 64Bit / Logitech Driving Force GT / Xbox One S Controller