Author Topic: December Update  (Read 10848 times)

BenDover

Hmm probably some custom stuff in the game's folder, right? :) Try the datacleaner and the verify data via Steam.

Trying to verify the steam files atm to see if the crashes stops for the client :P
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

LUNITIC_WILL

a 7gb update. sweet. I wonder if this'll bring me back into Wreckfest for a while?
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

Daystar

Does not seem to be able to launch the game at all now.
Will try deleting all the files in my document.
In future - auto delete these on patch please? :)

Edit: Did not help. The game tells it's running (in Steam) for 5 sekunds, but then it just terminates before actually starting. Deleted the modlists, cars and inventory files to make sure it's on blank sheets.

Edit2: Will try the datacleaner.
Edit 3: What is datacleaner actually haha? If it's the steam integrity check I already did that.

The Very End

Thanks! Ran it - no change. Restarted computer too (just to make sure) - no change. Cannot start it atm.

Huono

@Janne so far just custom races against 24 bots on tarmac 1 and 3 and sandpit 3, with the firefly, the nexus rx and the dominator. and the crash is very instant, the moment I press continue it just crashes

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yeah, simply run "datacleaner.exe -delete" from the command line, then verify cache via Steam.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Janne Suur-Näkki

@Huono Have you tried wiping your old save data in c:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\[User ID]\228380\local\wreckfest early access?
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Daystar

Ok I finally got the full download.. but wtf? why am I detecting a virus? this makes no sense t me really  :o

The Very End

Yeah, simply run "datacleaner.exe -delete" from the command line, then verify cache via Steam.

Like this right? Did that, then runned the Steam check - same thing :/

Edit: Seems like it is doing it's thing now, have to re-download some things after I deleted the whole wreckfest thing from Userdata :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 11:31:47 PM by The Very End »

Huono

@Janne do I just delete the entire "wreckfest eraly access" folder or something from inside it?

Janne Suur-Näkki

The virus alert is a false alarm caused by heuristic analysis due to hotloading capabilities of our engine.

@The Very End, both x32 and x64 builds result in the same?

Speedevil

I now get a fatal disk error when I try to run the game. Am I the only one?

Janne Suur-Näkki

@Huono You can delete the whole folder, just need to adjust settings to your liking again.

Janne Suur-Näkki

@Speedevil That's sometimes caused by Steam after updating, you too could try verifying the data by running the datacleaner and then verifying the game's cache via Steam.

The Very End

Ok, even after the game synced some files, and I deleted the userdata folder and had launch options set to "disable_mods" (without the " ), the game won't start. This happens both on 32 bit and 64 bit.