Author Topic: December Update  (Read 20264 times)

taz48

I now get a fatal disk error when I try to run the game. Am I the only one?

no im getting the same

Janne Suur-Näkki

Try to set "-disable_mods" launch option, it has apparently helped many.

taz48

Yeah, simply run "datacleaner.exe -delete" from the command line, then verify cache via Steam.

where do i find datacleaner.exe

Janne Suur-Näkki

It's in the game's installation folder.

sam223

Try to set "-disable_mods" launch option, it has apparently helped many.
Seems quite common,something in the banger mod doesn't like that update. Still downloading the update but will investigate.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Janne Suur-Näkki

Looks that way, no doubt you'll find the culprit quickly when you can take a look.

Huono

@Janne deleting the save worked, doesn't crash anymore :D Thanks by the way for staying up late and answering our questions

Janne Suur-Näkki

Nice, that's the best kind of news :) And no problem at all, glad to be of help!

TT

Remember the minus sign at the start of

-disable_mods

Don't just type
disable_mods

Janne Suur-Näkki

Good point, it's a command line switch.

The Very End

Too late for me haha! Doing a complete re-install. But probably had to be done at some point or another either way :p

Edit: Nothing got flagged at my point. Using Norton. Mcafee or any other other free tools out there cause more harm than help, if anyone using them they should ignore any warnings Wreckfest might throw.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 11:52:36 PM by The Very End »

TT

For those having trouble, did bgeometry.exe get flagged and blocked during download?

Janne Suur-Näkki

Luckily it's not needed for running the game, only for creating content.

The Very End

While at it (staring at a 20 minute download): Did anything at all change in terms of how events plays out? Will custom tracks with the previous build folder structure cause issues you are aware of? (I will of course not try activating mods right after the re-install).

LUNITIC_WILL

parts that you get awarded with in the career still have the old names (European II for example)
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present