Author Topic: December Update  (Read 18295 times)

FollowWings

Wow, what a real handling sim. I have open diff always!
But its strange, the car dips to where the wheel missing at the front, and the back raising. So it cant speed up, the other front wheel spinning above the ground, but if I pull the handbrake and throttle at the same time the car'c's weight gets back to center, every 3 wheel on the ground and the speed blows up to 60km/s with pulled handbrake (for a whole race lap also)!
Xeon 4x3,2Ghz ||Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3  ||4 x 1 GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM KINGMAX || MSI R9 380 4Gb Gaming II Windows 10 Pro x64 v1709

Zebulon55

Wow, what a real handling sim. I have open diff always!
But its strange, the car dips to where the wheel missing at the front, and the back raising. So it cant speed up, the other front wheel spinning above the ground, but if I pull the handbrake and throttle at the same time the car'c's weight gets back to center, every 3 wheel on the ground and the speed blows up to 60km/s with pulled handbrake (for a whole race lap also)!

Yeah, it's probably a bug. It just doesn't sound right.  ???

But I have used (IRL) the emergency brake to get a car going when one wheel has no traction (on ice) with an American RWD vehicle with standard differential.
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

BigPoppa_C

Hotfix out, please update.

Ben, not sure yet. We have to look into our options but maybe a more "normal" clutch for the manual clutch users as well would make sense.

Probably a bit late to add to this, but whatever.
Below is a .gif from my perspective of a start with a clutch. The car I'm using is a Sunrise, @250 performance points approx.

https://gyazo.com/530a9a16b8b298f0d2c110560f21421a

With a more powerful car, I can also launch in third gear with no issues.
I have jumped from the back row in races to the front.
I'm going to keep using the clutch regardless of what you guys decide to do, but starts heavily favour clutch users at the moment.

sam223

Clutch starts (what the game uses) should favour those using a manual box + clutch
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Dalags

With the results screen gone from when you quit midrace, you can only watch replays once the race has finished or your cars destroyed.
Being able to quit an event and watch the replay of a big crash you'd just done is something I miss from the old builds. Hopefully it returns once the UI is developed further.

BenDover

Clutch starts (what the game uses) should favour those using a manual box + clutch

W8 what? So you think this is alright? Should it not be balanced and fair for everyone?

Its like saying, who cares about the low-end/mid-end computers, lets do this game for the high-end computers and the one who dosent wanna buy or cant buy a high-end computer will have an unadvantage in this game. <.<

Better just give clutch user an extra boost becuse they using the cluch! =D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 07:59:07 PM by BenDover »
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

sam223

W8 what? So you think this is alright? Should it not be balanced and fair for everyone?

Its like saying, who cares about the low-end/mid-end computers, lets do this game for the high-end computers and the one who dosent wanna buy or cant buy a high-end computer will have an unadvantage in this game. <.<

Its not a boost though is it and isnt hardware dependent. Its learning to use a more complex mechanism. A bit like how assists and auto boxes should put you at a disadvantage to using no assists and manual. The disadvantage with manual clutch is if you time it wrong in racing situation it takes longer to change gear. Just like with manual/no assists,its harder to drive.

Everyone can use clutch,pad/wheel or keyboard
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 08:49:25 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

BenDover

Its not a boost though is it and isnt hardware dependent. Its learning to use a more complex mechanism. A bit like how assists and auto boxes should put you at a disadvantage to using no assists and manual. The disadvantage with manual clutch is if you time it wrong in racing situation it takes longer to change gear. Just like with manual/no assists,its harder to drive.

Everyone can use clutch,pad/wheel or keyboard

In this case it is a boost, just look at the gif Sam, to use the clutch should not give you an advantage like that, its like giving ppl more hp in cs depending on how good their computer are.

This need to be fixed for sure, not fun at all to race against ppl using the clutch, if they are as fast as yourself and you start side by side and no misstake are made in the race the one with the cluch wins.
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Heddly

Why do we have to start with zero XP or Money? I had plenty until the December update.

You want our input but I am tired of grinding away for more, and virtually play through the whole game to test every aspect of it? I am tired and sorry that I don't have the opportunity to be of much help.

I already hear someone telling me to hack my saved game but I don't know how and feel that I should not have to. If someone want to send one to me that would be of help!  :(

BrianUK

Why do we have to start with zero XP or Money? I had plenty until the December update.

You want our input but I am tired of grinding away for more, and virtually play through the whole game to test every aspect of it? I am tired and sorry that I don't have the opportunity to be of much help.

Mmm, I agree with this - if things need testing, then players should have unlimited cash and XP from the start. Only when full release comes would you need to actually play through the unlocks and content normally.

Heddly

Another topic that I'd like to comment on is the gearbox with Logitech G27 wheel. In previous builds I could downshift an automatic transmission. Now it is not possible, unless I am configuring it wrong.

In real life you can force an auto transmission to stay in the gear of your choice. I dislike when I get bogged down in turns and the RPM drop and am unable to downshift to a lower gear to increase my RPM to a better power range.

Is this good or bad for the experience?

RickyB

(...) If someone want to send one to me that would be of help!

Yeah, the money and XP reset was a bummer. I had to use cheat engine for the first time, but it's not complicated, I just watched a youtube video on how to do it. If you would send me your career.cres file ( Steam\userdata\[USER-ID]\228380\local\wreckfest early access ) I should be able to add enough money and XP for you to enjoy the game :)

UsF

The update is really fun and the additions and fixes seem well worth it so far. Only a few things have been bugging me a bit:
  • Are guard rails not deform-able anymore? I really liked the visual aspect of that, seeing an impact somewhere was awesome.
  • The start of the race should sync up with the flag. Right now it is delayed by an extra countdown tick, which makes it feel weird.
  • Oval 1 has grown a bit too wide for my liking. The previous iteration was very tight, which meant crashes had much more of an impact on racing. Plus overtaking was a dramatic experience. It feels like the track is much wider now and that decreases the tension a bit.
  • Unlocking parts by leveling is okay I guess. Not my preferred way to do it, but it's probably better than overwhelming a new player with too many choices. A bypass to it via money would be nice and no I don't mean microtransactions, I mean ingame cash. :D

Onto things I like:
  • The music is great, I wonder if there is enough for it to be available during races. It really can get you going and excited to start the race and wreck some cars.
  • The menu feels much nicer now, be it with keyboard and mouse or controller.
  • The performance improvements are much appreciated.
  • I am very happy that you are sticking with the large grid of cars, this is still my most favorite thing, to have that many vehicles on the track.
  • The roster of cars as well as tracks is growing nicely. The polish towards them is appreciated.
  • Thank you for removing the windows from the cars. Cracked windscreens were somewhat annoying in first person.

Here's to hoping that this game can achieve the greatness it deserves. It is clearly headed that way. Mod support as well as some marketing push when the time is right will most likely bring it the revival it deserves.

And maybe, maybe we can have other things I dream about, like VR support (I've been sinking way too much time into that...racing games don't feel the same anymore without it) or some more customization options for races (point races scored by causing damage+finishing with a good rank) and AI (same car as player option, aggressiveness and skill settings).

Daystar

The update is really fun and the additions and fixes seem well worth it so far. Only a few things have been bugging me a bit:
  • Are guard rails not deform-able anymore? I really liked the visual aspect of that, seeing an impact somewhere was awesome.
  • The start of the race should sync up with the flag. Right now it is delayed by an extra countdown tick, which makes it feel weird.
  • Oval 1 has grown a bit too wide for my liking. The previous iteration was very tight, which meant crashes had much more of an impact on racing. Plus overtaking was a dramatic experience. It feels like the track is much wider now and that decreases the tension a bit.
  • Unlocking parts by leveling is okay I guess. Not my preferred way to do it, but it's probably better than overwhelming a new player with too many choices. A bypass to it via money would be nice and no I don't mean microtransactions, I mean ingame cash. :D

Onto things I like:
  • The music is great, I wonder if there is enough for it to be available during races. It really can get you going and excited to start the race and wreck some cars.
  • The menu feels much nicer now, be it with keyboard and mouse or controller.
  • The performance improvements are much appreciated.
  • I am very happy that you are sticking with the large grid of cars, this is still my most favorite thing, to have that many vehicles on the track.
  • The roster of cars as well as tracks is growing nicely. The polish towards them is appreciated.
  • Thank you for removing the windows from the cars. Cracked windscreens were somewhat annoying in first person.

Here's to hoping that this game can achieve the greatness it deserves. It is clearly headed that way. Mod support as well as some marketing push when the time is right will most likely bring it the revival it deserves.

And maybe, maybe we can have other things I dream about, like VR support (I've been sinking way too much time into that...racing games don't feel the same anymore without it) or some more customization options for races (point races scored by causing damage+finishing with a good rank) and AI (same car as player option, aggressiveness and skill settings).

Yeah concerning the countdown beeps that are not synchronized, you may want this awesome mod! ------> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1247928725 <---- which will also boost up your fps count!

JohnBlackhills

Happy new year guys! Wish you the best and a lot of happiness in 2018  ;) see u on track!