Author Topic: December Update  (Read 12589 times)

Rowdy Burns

Why not have XP/credits in Wreckfest "heavily" deducted for anyone using the reset and more XP/credits for like the use of manual gears, no TC and no reset ...have a set number of resets in the options with various multipliers?

Have an award of shame for the person who uses reset the most online so everyone can see at the end of a race lol!

I do think the player should have to try and start the cars engine after a reset... That would give a more realistic delay

sam223

Why not have XP/credits in Wreckfest "heavily" deducted for anyone using the reset and more XP/credits for like the use of manual gears, no TC and no reset ...have a set number of resets in the options with various multipliers?

Have an award of shame for the person who uses reset the most online so everyone can see at the end of a race lol!

I do think the player should have to try and start the cars engine after a reset... That would give a more realistic delay
I dunno about credits. I dont think they are enough of a detriment once you've already got the cars/parts you want.
If your using the resets to troll other players (park against wall and reset when someone tries to hit you) you probably don't care about credits or finishing position anyway.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

RickyB

Due to being a potential reason for higher age rating, the spectators will need to either have invisible collision around them or automatic reset zone.
Possible third option : the Driver SF way : a simple and quick "jump aside" animation. Although it would require a simple skeleton for them too...

A jump aside animation would be awesome. But is there enough time to develop that? Well, one can dream. Instead of invisible collision boxes, maybe something visible? Put 'em in a cage? :D

The lions represent the wild and dangerous cars. ;)

TT

An alternative to time delays for resets would be to re-spawn the car farther back on the track.

That way, resets are penalized and the player also gets back in the action sooner.

Re-spawns could either be set back a specific distance on the route or else set back relative to the last camera position or a checkpoint.

mreco99

I think when a player hits reset, thier wheels blow off thier car (3 seconds of watching what happens when you do that, slow zoom out, inc wheels physically interact with whatever they hit) then your back on the road 50m back.

Or hit reset and you eject the driver out the cars roof, car rolls on as if no driver (3 seconds of watching what happens when you do that, slow zoom out, inc driver physically interact with whatever they hit) then your back on the road 50m back.

(high five me)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:24:36 PM by mreco99 »
MacBook Pro, 16Gb Mem, 500Gb SSD, i7 CPU
Flatout was one of my all time favourite games.
PS4
Gaming since 1984
www.simonbrattphotography.com

CFodder

Quote from: sam223
e.g you are rolled>reset>cars rolls back onto its wheels in position. No ghosting,no moving back onto racing line.

That would be fine as long as it resets when the car comes to a stop.

But that doesn't work for out of bounds play or beached drivers.
Maybe the out of bounds reset could be solved by always having some access route back to track e.g ramps off infield or 1 sided gates.
The beached driver problem i am not sure.

To mind the key to going out of bounds, i.e. completely out of the track/map, is to tighten them up so it's not possible and where there are areas within the map you can get stuck is as you've said to have routes to allow you out.

Not sure what you mean by beached cars??

Zebulon55

I think when a player hits reset, thier wheels blow off thier car (3 seconds of watching what happens when you do that, slow zoom out, inc wheels physically interact with whatever they hit) then your back on the road 50m back.

Or hit reset and you eject the driver out the cars roof, car rolls on as if no driver (3 seconds of watching what happens when you do that, slow zoom out, inc driver physically interact with whatever they hit) then your back on the road 50m back.

(high five me)

I would laugh at this, and it would definitely make resets something to use sparingly, so here's your High five! Lol
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Big Ron

Hey Bugbear,
back from a long Wreckfest-break, I tested the latest updates of the game. Overall, I am very impressed that the game has mad such a big step forward. Improvements in any department and the game feels like a game now.

What I like the most:
  • great choice of cars
  • neat looking paint jobs and derby look-a-likes
  • impression of tuning and customizing is good
  • menu style and overall UI feels stylish and fits the game
  • career mode seems to be nice -> good number of races and cups with ranking system and stuff
  • overall improved handling and physics -> no collision bugs found yet (after all after jumps)
  • out of the box-gamepad handling feels great, even without driving aids
  • competitive AI
  • improved and nice working sound (much better than before)
  • new and reworked tracks and overall choice of tracks is amazing

Some things I don't like or see room for improvement:

• garage is way too shaded -> too much and too dark shadows, just spotlight of the roof light cover the car, creating a hard contrast and make it hard to see the paint, especially when customizing paint schemes or just view the car
  • no preview 3D model when buying or changing cars in garage
  • car sound could be a bit more aggressive at high rps and limiter areas
  • no tuning for suspension, tires and chassis (yet)? Just found engine parts and tuning with sliders.
  • AI is faster in corners than player car at hard difficulty. And can break later. Makes it hard to survive a battle when opponent is behind you since it will kick the player car out of the way most of the time. AI is competetive which is great, but seems to have advantages in situations where the player car does seem to struggle (tested with the first two rookie cups in the career)
  • no puddles and watercourse planned on track? Just a few? Loved it in Flatout 1
  • dynamic dirt shader for the cars would be great. Driving on such dirty tracks should make the cars a bit dirty at least. Maybe not wet, muddy race- dirty, but dusty
  • please, please give us some actor voices in the menus or wild commentators in the races (doesn't have to fit the situations). I just want someone to talk to me. I hate modern race games for being so quiet and emotionally dead. You just click through menus and grind on races and career without someone speaking to you and makes you feel that the game is living.

Great job so far. Enjoying the game since long time.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:00:30 PM by Big Ron »
CPU: Intel i7-3770 @ 3,4Ghz + Scythe Ninja 3-cooler, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1600 Mhz , GPU: Gainward GTX670, HDD: Samsung 830 Series SSD 128GB, WD 1.0TB, Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, PS: BE Quiet BQT 550W, OS: Windows 7 64-bit, LCD: Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24" FullHD, Wheel: Log. G25

Rowdy Burns

• please, please give us some actor voices in the menus or wild commentators in the races
Please no wild commentators.... Or if it did end up in the game a mute option is a must!!!   get some actors to crowd cheer and shout at the drivers by all means to add some atmosphere to the game!

Night races under flood lights with some dynamic dirt would be awesome. That would be really good to see in UK Bangers!

I just want to add about the resets since it looks difficult to find a middle ground where everyone is happy... Why not give the simple option Sim or Arcade mode.  Sim racers can race no resets or health bars etc and Arcade racers can race, well arcade style! There could even be more realistic damage added to Sim mode!

Purple44

I just want to add about the resets since it looks difficult to find a middle ground where everyone is happy... Why not give the simple option Sim or Arcade mode.  Sim racers can race no resets or health bars etc and Arcade racers can race, well arcade style! There could even be more realistic damage added to Sim mode!

But we are wanting the third option when come to resets online. We can turn resets On or Off if we want to. But there tracks where I would like turn resets On, but I don't want players to be able to abuse the reset option when I do turn resets on. That why I like to see the 5 sec wait penalty before game reset your car. And this would allow us see a car take a good tumbling run too.  :)

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Tox_42

A jump aside animation would be awesome. But is there enough time to develop that?

-> https://youtu.be/4Astfra6yh0?t=14s

8)
AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black edition OC @ 3.9 GHz
16 go DDR 3
gtx 970
win 10

Heddly

But we are wanting the third option when come to resets online. We can turn resets On or Off if we want to. But there tracks where I would like turn resets On, but I don't want players to be able to abuse the reset option when I do turn resets on. That why I like to see the 5 sec wait penalty before game reset your car. And this would allow us see a car take a good tumbling run too.  :)

During Racing, If I knew that I had a 5 second penalty for using reset, I would be encouraged to use it sooner and more often. When I drive off track or am forced off, I always try to recover and move on. Reset should only work when your car is stuck and won't move in any direction during a race.

Derbies are a problem with this scenario as you shouldn't be able to reset if cars are hindering you from moving, thus no reset should be available. Can the game distinguish between track objects and cars?

I would prefer the old FlatOut game type resets, where if your car is not in motion you could use reset to restart at the last checkpoint that you passed on the track, with a second or two of ghosting to prevent you from becoming an obstacle for other cars on the track.

I hope some of this makes sense.  :)

sam223

e.g you are rolled>reset>cars rolls back onto its wheels in position. No ghosting,no moving back onto racing line.

That would be fine as long as it resets when the car comes to a stop.

But that doesn't work for out of bounds play or beached drivers.
Maybe the out of bounds reset could be solved by always having some access route back to track e.g ramps off infield or 1 sided gates.
The beached driver problem i am not sure.

To mind the key to going out of bounds, i.e. completely out of the track/map, is to tighten them up so it's not possible and where there are areas within the map you can get stuck is as you've said to have routes to allow you out.

Not sure what you mean by beached cars??
By beached cars i mean underside of car in contact with floor, on a geometry bump or resting on armco etc.... like a beached whale
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

CFodder

Ah yep gotcha ... and agree with you too :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 09:42:34 AM by CFodder »

Zebulon55

By beached cars i mean underside of car in contact with floor, on a geometry bump or resting on armco etc.... like a beached whale

High-centered is another way to describe this condition. I know it well.  ;)
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.