Author Topic: December Update  (Read 12538 times)

Finsku

Happy new year guys! Wish you the best and a lot of happiness in 2018  ;) see u on track!

You too John! And also everyone else: Happy New Year!  :)

Antsaboy

Happy new year to everyone from me as well ;)
Also a positive thing: the recent reviews are up from mixed
Intel Core i5 4670K @4.0GHz / Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti Boost / 8 GB RAM / Windows 10 Pro 64Bit / Logitech Driving Force GT

RickyB

Also a positive thing: the recent reviews are up from mixed

Hehe, funny, a few days ago I looked up every Steam rating, including "last 30 days ratings" that I could find for Wreckfest (archive.org.) The numbers speak for themselves. It's the highest last-30-days rating since the introduction of that rating system and is rising constantly since the december update. On 30.12.2017 it was 70% (first time "mostly positive" for that category). Yesterday 1.1.2018 it was 73%, today 2.1.2018 it is at 76%. Only the overall rating still sits at 64% (down from originally 94% since the start of NCG)

The last-30-days ratings I found (starting in may 2016):

Well done, Bugbear. Keep it up. :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 11:08:15 PM by RickyB »

hifk95

Cool update lots of new cars! Noticed that speedbird (american 1) was missing its tail lights which were nicely detailed before. Are they coming back for customization?

Andy Rotten

I want back those details, nice and clean paint and lights, and yes maybe on customize  :o

JohnBlackhills

I also liked more detailed front and rear parts (if I can call them like that) and it was a lot of fun to break other's lights and stuff  ;) +1 on that from me

TheEngiGuy

"Very Positive" reviews. Just saying.

Tonza

Overall rating soon to be mostly positive too, isn't it from 70%?

The Very End

Think mixed is up to either 70 or 75.

RickyB

Overall rating soon to be mostly positive too, isn't it from 70%?

Yes, looks like 70% = "Mostly Positive". 80% = "Very Positive". But I'm afraid it's going to take a long time and a lot of positive reviews to get back to 70% for overall rating. If noone changes their negative rating and everyone rated positive from now on, it would take almost 1200 ratings for a 70% overall rating. :o 

TheyLiveWeSleep

To get back on the reset thing people were discussing on here. My opinion is that this game is not being developed for the masses to be a boring hyperrealistic simulator and i think that playing games like this should be a fun experience for everyone in that sense. People don't want to be rolling on their roofs in the first round and then have to just wait the entire time or leave the server.   :P

Tonza

To get back on the reset thing people were discussing on here. My opinion is that this game is not being developed for the masses to be a boring hyperrealistic simulator and i think that playing games like this should be a fun experience for everyone in that sense. People don't want to be rolling on their roofs in the first round and then have to just wait the entire time or leave the server.   :P

It's not about being realistic, it's just that reset in it's current form is literally cheating and can make for a very much unfun experience

TheyLiveWeSleep

It's not about being realistic, it's just that reset in it's current form is literally cheating and can make for a very much unfun experience

Oh oke. Maybe giving everyone a certain number of resets would work. Spmething like 3 resets per race sounds pretty oke.

Zebulon55

This is true. People are too quick to jump on reset.
I support Purple44's idea for a 5 second delay before the reset button is active. That way, it won't be abused as much, and it's not too long to wait if you get stuck.

Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Purple44

This is true. People are too quick to jump on reset.
I support Purple44's idea for a 5 second delay before the reset button is active. That way, it won't be abused as much, and it's not too long to wait if you get stuck.

I just think there should be some kind penalty to use a reset. almost intense reset in current Build not much of a penalty.

And I love seeing players and my car do a nice tumbling run online.   :D

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel