Author Topic: December Update  (Read 10218 times)

Zebulon55

I just think there should be some kind penalty to use a reset. almost intense reset in current Build not much of a penalty.

And I love seeing players and my car do a nice tumbling run online.   :D

They reset just before I come rollin' into the pile up and spoil my fun. lol
Should at least give me time to leave a mark.  ;D
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

CFodder

If there are no places to get stuck or jump/hit out of the map then there really is no reason reset should even be needed IMO. You end up on your roof, bad luck, someone will either 'help' you or by bye race.

TheyLiveWeSleep

I think having a limited number of resets would do a better job than a 5 second delay. Maybe a limited amount of resets + a 5 second delay.
What build are we on at the moment anyway?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:21:28 AM by TheyLiveWeSleep »

Zebulon55

If there are no places to get stuck or jump/hit out of the map then there really is no reason reset should even be needed IMO. You end up on your roof, bad luck, someone will either 'help' you or by bye race.
While I generally agree with this, and prefer to wait it out for someone to "rescue" me when upside down or stuck, I think a reset button is expected by many casual players and Bugbear will therefore leave it in. If they leave it as a feature, it shouldn't be so easy to abuse.

Sent from my RCT6773W22 using Tapatalk

Lame, I know.

RickyB

I wish we could turn off those automatic instant resets. Recently I had a nice crash and wanted to see the car tumble and watch the crash until it gets to a stop, but NO - it was automatically set back on track. That totally sucked. I just thought, WTH? Why can't I enjoy watching my car crash in a game called "wreck"fest? Please, Bugbear, get rid of the automatic resets. Ruins the immersion.  :-* Who cares if some creepy cardboard spectators could get hurt ;D

TheyLiveWeSleep

They should just make a code that recognizes when a vehicle is on it's roof and only then allows you to reset.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Due to being a potential reason for higher age rating, the spectators will need to either have invisible collision around them or automatic reset zone.

Automatic detection of reset condition is always great but we've found it very difficult to make it bulletproof, there will always be situations where the car is stuck and the player can't reset.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

St. Jimmy

Due to being a potential reason for higher age rating, the spectators will need to either have invisible collision around them or automatic reset zone.
My personal opinion for that is you should have invisible collision. The auto reset doesn't just feel right when ever it has happened.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sounds reasonable - the automatic reset somehow always catches you by the surprise.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Purple44

I just think there should be some kind penalty to use a reset. almost intense reset in current Build not much of a penalty.

And I love seeing players and my car do a nice tumbling run online.   :D

They reset just before I come rollin' into the pile up and spoil my fun. lol
Should at least give me time to leave a mark.  ;D

That sound like a derby Zeb, resets should never be on in a derby!! But sometimes an Admin or player host, may forget to disable resets for derbys and fig8 races. I would never, ever forgot to do this.  ;)

I could live with a limit on resets, but I would leave it at only 1 reset. If you unlucky to end up on your roof in a regular race, odds are it only happens once in a race. At least that my experience online, unless we talking a rough and tumble fig8 race.

And who got rid of the trailer ramps in the Speedway 1 fig8 track Janne? I got stuck in there last Saturday night when my car got knock over the rail! :(

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Zebulon55

it was derby or figure 8, Purple.  :D
New people are playing the game after the update, and whoami to tell them the rules on their servers. Some of the new folks do like to jump on reset too quickly it seems.

Which brings up another online dilemma -  I was on a dedicated server and some new people joined. Nobody had any admin rights, so we played the eventloop, but really wanted to be able to pick tracks. So I quit after a few circuit races, not being able to have any ovals, derbies or figure 8s.

Unattended dedicated servers need majority voting for tracks and maybe adding bots. If a server owner really cares what is played on his server while he is not there, he could have a blacklist or something.

Lame, I know.

Tonza

And who got rid of the trailer ramps in the Speedway 1 fig8 track Janne? I got stuck in there last Saturday night when my car got knock over the rail! :(
I was wondering this too. They specifically added those so players could get back on track but now they gone

Heddly

Automatic detection of reset condition is always great but we've found it very difficult to make it bulletproof, there will always be situations where the car is stuck and the player can't reset.

Why not have an (short) animation something like this while serving a penalty for resetting during a RACE?  :D

Not having resets is too simish and instant resets are too arcade/possible cheating. There needs to be a middle ground with options for off or on also. Don't penalize players and have them go away or give negative reviews about this issue. If you want to get simish, have a caution flag for the corner where the disabled car is and have the cars automatically slow down or be penalized.  :o

MamieNova

Possible third option : the Driver SF way : a simple and quick "jump aside" animation. Although it would require a simple skeleton for them too...
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

sam223

I dont think people mind the actual resetting ability so much. Its just the way its setup with putting people back on the racing line as a ghost that's the problem imo. I can understand why though,as sometimes people reset because they are beached or out of bounds.
Although rolled/on side is probably the main reason.

IMO there must be some way to letting people return to racing, that can't be abused as much as a full reset.

e.g you are rolled>reset>cars rolls back onto its wheels in position. No ghosting,no moving back onto racing line. But that doesn't work for out of bounds play or beached drivers.
Maybe the out of bounds reset could be solved by always having some access route back to track e.g ramps off infield or 1 sided gates.
The beached driver problem i am not sure.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2