Author Topic: December Update Removed Features  (Read 292 times)

I've come across some alarming issues which could effect us. Gearbox, Suspension, Driveshaft & Brakes can no longer be equipped as of the December update & have been simplified. We are also missing the Turbo option from the June update & one of the customization panels have been removed in the December update.

This means my work in progress stock car for Additional Parts can't be completed as I can't add the suspension & gearbox need to handle the additional horsepower on oval tracks without editing the existing ones which defeats the point of the mod.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 03:33:44 AM by SonicUnleashedXY »
Classified

Daystar

While this update is great, I've come across some alarming issues which could effect us. Gearbox, Suspension, Driveshaft & Brakes can no longer be equipped & have been simplified into Tunes. The problem with this is that if I want to add more options for these parts, wouldn't I need to edit the existing one or will it be added on the list in Tunes? :-[

Based on the menu layout, it seems it doesn't support this type of setup which mean rip any mods such as my wip stock car (NASCAR) stuff & most of additional parts. Without these option I can't make the vehicles handle well on a very large oval course. On that note, being able to control the left & right side properties as well as front & back would be great. ;)

Yeah I am so unimpressed as well! and it is really sad that I can no longer make my car AWD!!!! This is vital for keyboard players! with out AWD the cars are much harder to handle whilst playing with kb  >:(
even with full assists on, there are moments where I get the snap steering effect... too much oversteer when trying to correct on the straight lines and coming out of tight corners.

STRmods

Having more transmission and suspension is quite important I think, as said above it makes some things not possible. I haven't gotten chance to see how the new system works fully yet with mods, but sliders is a bit strange for swapping parts.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 04:12:50 PM by STRmods »

sam223

The new switching system is nice,especially for online play. Just the limited options is a let down.

I have done a bit of digging and they haven't removed their extra parts (there's still 4 diff options) so i assume the plan is to improve the menu to allow extras to work.I hope so anyway. Hopefully they didn't just forget to delete the extras which no longer work.

EDIT: Spoke to Janne about it whilst getting support for mod fixing. The sliders support more than 3 options,its just hard-coded for now
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 06:32:00 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

STRmods

Just noticed now, how come rear panel visual part option has been removed? Not sure if any others are missing but I noticed that as my euro custom used that visual part category for it's rear panel swappable part. I can fix it by using another visual part option as a work around but I don't understand why we've lost the number of options that we had before this update.

Also there is some horrible pop in with the LOD with this update (most noticable with old models), when you're about 15-20 meters from a car it now switches to a low quality model which I'm guessing is for optimisation but it looks very inferior compared to before where the model would switch at around 100 meters away. At least have an graphics option to set it higher because it ruins the experience when you see parts popping into view on the cars infront of you.

And of course, lawn mower being "disabled" and lawn mower derby track gone, rip
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:04:57 PM by STRmods »

Zebulon55

Having more transmission and suspension is quite important I think, as said above it makes some things not possible. I haven't gotten chance to see how the new system works fully yet with mods, but sliders is a bit strange for swapping parts.
It could at least be an h-pattern slider, or other automotive related selection device.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Purple44

And of course, lawn mower being "disabled" and lawn mower derby track gone, rip

Lawnmower pit still there:

Under Small Stadium, will find Demolition Arena, Grass Arena and Mudpit.  :D

Seem Bugbear has put all 3 arenas on one track map.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

STRmods

Lawnmower pit still there:
Under Small Stadium, will find Demolition Arena, Grass Arena and Mudpit.  :D
Seem Bugbear has put all 3 arenas on one track map.

I'll let them off with that one then haha, I was looking for the Country Stadium from the last update.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 06:11:55 PM by STRmods »