Author Topic: Weird dark textures, weather dependent - what's going on?  (Read 3171 times)

The Very End

We were discussing that issue with Kev too, he's experiencing it as well. Where is your scene located at, coordinates?

I try to keep it around 0/0/0, but probably a bit all over place as that is the only way to get the exporter to accept the AI paths. So how to effectively solve that, in a way that I both can have AI and prevent this AO issue? :)

STRmods

I have similar strange black marks after re-converting _n,_s and _ao_c. Its like shadow cast from the map,except the garage has no objects

I'm guessing they slowly fade in if you change parts/paint too like in my video?

Janne Suur-Näkki

I try to keep it around 0/0/0, but probably a bit all over place as that is the only way to get the exporter to accept the AI paths. So how to effectively solve that, in a way that I both can have AI and prevent this AO issue? :)

Have you tested with our current weathers? What if you set the AO parameters to 0.0 (in the weather, that is)?

Daystar

Mike, just take a look at one of our vanilla weathers and ape the settings, should be a good starting point.

Thanks Janne for the tip. I will do that later tonight or tomorrow. I should be able to copy and paste... that is.. copy 1 of your new build weather settings and drop it into my weather mods that I will be working on. uhm one question though! should I use my older bagedit, or the newest one after April?

The Very End

Only using your weather now (only tested with other weather earlier). It seems sunset3 is as close as normal it gets, while the other causes the ground_tarmac08_c texture to be all black by some reason. Also the textures seems to have their normal maps rotated / tilted in wrong way.

Edit: if someone else don't do it I can test to change the AO parameters later tonight, and see if changing that on the standard weather's makes a difference.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Mike, you should be using the latest BagEdit from the December Update, otherwise you won't see the new parameters.

TVE, just out of interest try adjusting the AO parameters for the weather, any change?

There also could be some issues with bImage, I'll check it tomorrow.

The Very End

Aight, so tested, first one is just a test weather file I used with the two top AO options set to 0 instead of 0.5. It's pretty representative to how the other weathers looks. Note how even the normals go bananas. The shadows go from grey to black over time.

Now take a look at the Sunset3 file, the only weather that works somewhat normal for my tracks.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 07:32:32 PM by The Very End »

sam223

I have similar strange black marks after re-converting _n,_s and _ao_c. Its like shadow cast from the map,except the garage has no objects

I'm guessing they slowly fade in if you change parts/paint too like in my video?
Yea exactly the same. They vanish in light and darker in shadows.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Janne Suur-Näkki

TVE, can you share for example that track anywhere so that we can take a closer look?

The Very End

You used 2015 versions of Max right? I am using 2016 so saved it in 2014 format, let me know if you can't open it. No textures or anything in it, but guess it's manageable?
PS: It's no secret or anything, most of what I do people can use with as they like, so the download link is not private :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 07:44:23 PM by The Very End »

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks, that's perfect! Do you happen to have working mod folder with the track as well, with assets?

EDIT: Downloaded now so you can remove the link if you want to :)

The Very End

Not sure if I understood that hehe. Basically it is stored in theMod/data/track/rbRace
Some textures are stored in theMod/data/art/textures, while some points to BB texture paths.
The grandstands are baked into the scene, while trees are xrefs.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sorry :) Basically I was asking whether you could also share the compiled track with at least texture assets, the one you were testing above?

The Very End

It is in The Very TrackPack, might be easier to just download it, then head into the workshop folder of Steam and drag out anything you need? :) The mod is huge atm hehe.
Either way, here is an exported (scne) version.  Let me know if you have to get the textures, then I of course will upload them as well.
https://mega.nz/#!g1BRGaZZ!DyN1woAy_ya6vcnmmUIFXhDkyKvUpaeltLhvpq5so1Y

Edit: But I remember that most of the textures in this track points to BB textures. For example I use the forrest_side..5 I think and drygrass texture located in the urban textures.