Author Topic: How to go back to the old wreckfest?  (Read 824 times)

mvrersg

Just what the title says. Is there any way I can go back to the previous version of wreckfest from the newest December update?
Thanksss
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:14:08 AM by mvrersg »

Tonza

I don't know if the old version of the game can be uploaded to a file site, but some people on the forum do have older versions of wreckfest. I'm pretty sure Daystar has a build from march. Maybe the game files could be packed and uploaded, I dont know

Daystar

I don't know if the old version of the game can be uploaded to a file site, but some people on the forum do have older versions of wreckfest. I'm pretty sure Daystar has a build from march. Maybe the game files could be packed and uploaded, I dont know

Yeah that's correct my friend. I have the March/April build (2017) and also 2 other builds... one from back in 2015 and also a 2013 build.
However I have 2 issues about his request.
1) where in hell would I upload it? without my huge mod folder, it will still come in around 3.50gb highly compressed.
2) How do I know he actually owns WF? and how do I know if it will not end up in torrents somewhere.

How big Previous March/April build is.

At this point I see no viable solution. sorry

Tonza

Yeah you're right

Purple44

I would like to know if anybody backup the June Build? I have some old track files I would like to get my hands on to add to Gokart Plus mod.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

I would like to know if anybody backup the June Build? I have some old track files I would like to get my hands on to add to Gokart Plus mod.
I backed up June build but it' saved on computer that I won't have access for 4 weeks.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

mvrersg

FYI, I do have wreckfest, you could see it on my steam. But I don't know how else I would prove it. I could meet up in game or something maybe.

Purple44

I backed up June build but it' saved on computer that I won't have access for 4 weeks.

I can wait 4 weeks Jimmy. Will be at least couple more months before it time to host Fig8 mod for a Saturday Night Mods night. You might have remind me thou, I may forget by in 4 weeks.  :P

Hold on, just realize my second copy of Wreckfest on my surfing computer has not been updated yet since I have not logged into Steam in a few days on this computer. So I still have a June Build. :)

@mvrersg, problem is where you going upload a 9.57 GB file and passing around the whole game might be flown upon by Bugbear.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Heddly

You could divide the folders inside the "data" folder into 3 or 4 compressed files and extract them to a new data folder after downloading?

Mopower

Just what the title says. Is there any way I can go back to the previous version of wreckfest from the newest December update?
Thanksss
H to the Y my like-minded driver. How terrible is the handling  in the new update? No challenge, no getting sideways. Just meh the whole way round the track.

mvrersg

Lol thank god! I thought I was the only one that didn't really like the new update. None of it feels true to Wreckfest at all and I want to go back. The cars handling doesn't feel as heavy any more and the new cars aren't as old and cool looking, they're just weird. And my favourite track (mixed 3) got logged and destroyed. I could rant forever. :'( :'( :'(  SEND HELP
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:47:27 PM by mvrersg »

Daystar

Lol thank god! I thought I was the only one that didn't really like the new update. None of it feels true to Wreckfest at all and I want to go back. The cars handling doesn't feel as heavy any more and the new cars aren't as old and cool looking, they're just weird. And my favourite track (mixed 3) got logged and destroyed. I could rant forever. :'( :'( :'(  SEND HELP

Friend me on your Steam acct. and shoot me a pm. I just need to verify that you actually have Wreckfest legally. I may make it into an ISO file that can be unarchived with Winrar. we'll see what we can do!

Mopower

Friend me on your Steam acct. and shoot me a pm. I just need to verify that you actually have Wreckfest legally. I may make it into an ISO file that can be unarchived with Winrar. we'll see what we can do!

Lol, with an opinion like that I'd say that's pretty good verification xD

Bobby Koticks

IF you have rightfully bought the game, and you're lazy, just look for torrents of older builds with lots of seeders.

I also advise at least using https://www.virustotal.com/ for checking if any cracked executables, Steam emulation tools etc. are clean of bad bad things.

For looking up, Skytorrents simply searches through DHT for Bittorrent Magnet links of absolutely any kind of content and I'm not advising you to use file searching / sharing services such as this for illicit measures. The morale is up to the individual.

To play FlatOut my dad bought around 2004 that works on Windows 7+ l literary have to use a crack/patch on top of GOG version due to the original DRM that Windows currently blocks out.

Apologies to Bugbear, if I'm stepping out over the line on copyright, distribution, DRM and such issues in giving such an advise (feel free to remove my post in this case).
my opinions are facts

Daystar

Well Hells Bells,... I just made an ISO file, and thought it would greatly compress it. look like I am not correct about that! sucker is a huge file... whats the best app to compress?

lemme know k