Author Topic: How to go back to the old wreckfest?  (Read 607 times)

Mopower

IF you have rightfully bought the game, and you're lazy, just look for torrents of older builds with lots of seeders.
.[/size]

Hey man, if anyone could download off that site, might not be a bad idea to whisper those kinds of thing so that others can't use Bugbear's own forums to find torrents on their games...

Purple44

Lol thank god! I thought I was the only one that didn't really like the new update. None of it feels true to Wreckfest at all and I want to go back. The cars handling doesn't feel as heavy any more and the new cars aren't as old and cool looking, they're just weird. And my favourite track (mixed 3) got logged and destroyed. I could rant forever. :'( :'( :'(  SEND HELP

Agree. Do not like that Bugbear turned Mixed 3 into a safe track with guardrails.  :(
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

Lol thank god! I thought I was the only one that didn't really like the new update. None of it feels true to Wreckfest at all and I want to go back. The cars handling doesn't feel as heavy any more and the new cars aren't as old and cool looking, they're just weird. And my favourite track (mixed 3) got logged and destroyed. I could rant forever. :'( :'( :'(  SEND HELP

Agree. Do not like that Bugbear turned Mixed 3 into a safe track with guardrails.  :(

And I agree as well Purp. So happy I thought about backing up the March/April build before the new menus came into play. and still got the original Tarmac1 track with its mini bridge in it, the original Sandpit1 track with it's longer variant still there! also cars are much easier to spin (pit out) Ai that is. plus when race starts, some Ai is lagging not all taking off at exact time which is prevalent in newest build.

Curious what final build release is like.

Edit: Almost forgot... the metal rails is really uncool.  I know Bendover... you like em because the cutters. well I aint a cutter that often, only when needed.  at least with the wooden fences, it looks cool plowing them down when making a tight corner and your car happens to be right on them. game seems to be going in a safer more clean direction. I like rough and gritty gameplay. thank god for prev. March build  :P which I still play.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 02:33:41 AM by Daystar »

Purple44

And the guardrails online have a tendency of grabbing and almost stops my car. Have not tested offline to see if this happens. But online I think PING has something do with it. I'm usually over a 100 PING to severs I join.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Purple - guardrails, meaning the steely ones? On which track or all?

St. Jimmy

Well Hells Bells,... I just made an ISO file, and thought it would greatly compress it. look like I am not correct about that! sucker is a huge file... whats the best app to compress?2
lemme know k

Try 7-zip and use as much compression as possible with it to see. Not sure how much it can compress but it's a widely used good app. Even our school computers have that program.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

Purple - guardrails, meaning the steely ones? On which track or all?

Aren't all guardrails made of steel?

Dose not happen 100% of the time. Sometimes I bounce off guardrails, sometimes guardrails grab, especially if in a smaller car. I did not take much video last Saturday. Was planning on taking a lot of video this coming Saturday night. Maybe I will capture guardrails grabbing my car.

Usually I try avoid guardrails a lot online!!  :P

Hi!

I like simple tracks and hate shortcut cheaters.

More guardrails for me like irl.
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

Mopower

Yeah the mixed 3 track was a bit of a challenge to get the shortcut right but what a rush when you could! And I never thought the sandpit track was terrible abusive... Game like this at 100+mph could use a little extra space as unpredictable as some people are online lol

Daystar

FYI, I do have wreckfest, you could see it on my steam. But I don't know how else I would prove it. I could meet up in game or something maybe.

Well I accepted someone on steam... different  name than yours. if that was you, message me ok. I am compressing files at 85% compression atm.  I send out your file tomorrow morning I think.

Edit: File size will be 6.59 GB (7,079,763,968 bytes) just need to find a filehoster service that will take that big a file  ??? also it is password protected. I will give details once we get this underway  :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 10:33:28 PM by Daystar »