Author Topic: Bulldog too skittish  (Read 524 times)

Black Diesel

Hello Bugbear,

I find the bulldog too skittish. It tend to swerve right or left even if you are throttling at max driving straight. Which is wierd as other RWD cars doesnt randomly swerve. When I am power sliding with the bulldog where I glide into straight position for straight perfectly in line with lane after curve, it will also randomly swerve right or left.

Why is that intended? Anyone else experience the same thing?
Mudnight Dirt Club

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks, good feedback - have you changed the setup via the tuning menu?

STRmods

I find it quite a "drifty" car but it's easy enough to control with a controller, Mostly using throttle to control the car around the corner rather than steering (keyboard I imagine will take quite a bit of tap dancing on the keys) I tried it without any driving aids so maybe turn off traction control/stability control. It's possible they're actually getting in the way and causing problems.

Black Diesel

I've tried many different diff setups, and I always drive without assists. I find that the bulldog handles different from other RWD cars, its like a nervous horse with PTSD.

The problem is not me spinning out, I can control the bulldog via throttle however more than often the bully starts to slide that make myself losing precious seconds. I can't manage to get fast as I am in Roadcutter, Sunrise, RX with the Bulldog due to all small slides.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:46:42 PM by Black Diesel »
Mudnight Dirt Club

Janne Suur-Näkki

Absolutely. It's also a pretty light car with quite high power to weight ratio.

Black Diesel

Absolutely. It's also a pretty light car with quite high power to weight ratio.

I edited my reply, please read it.

Also, will adding weight make it less nervous? Have you programmed it into the game?
Mudnight Dirt Club

Heddly

Hello Bugbear,

I find the bulldog too skittish. It tend to swerve right or left even if you are throttling at max driving straight. Which is wierd as other RWD cars doesnt randomly swerve. When I am power sliding with the bulldog where I glide into straight position for straight perfectly in line with lane after curve, it will also randomly swerve right or left.

Why is that intended? Anyone else experience the same thing?

I use a G27 Logitech and had improvement by lowering my Steering Sensitivity to -10% in Settings/ Advanced menu.

Mackisdoodle

I havent experienced this nearly as extreme as you described it, however i have noticed a few shenanigans when countersteering, it unpredictably snaps back into.. well.. 0 degrees rotation, as in snaps back into going straight forward. I feel like the front end is way to grippy sometimes and understeers like a dog on ice other times. All this while drifting and countersteering. Again, it is a very drifty, light, high bhp, rwd car but none of the other cars do this. It reacts differently to my steering inputs everytime and its really annoying.

I feel like its an issue with the front end more than oversteer, the front wheels just randomly decides to throw your car into a spin/wall and the next thing you know it doesnt turn at all and you cant catch the tiniest of slides.

Its relatively rare but its really offputting and discomforting.
Intel Core i5-6500 @3.20GHz CPU
8GB DDR4 Memory
AMD Radeon RX 470 GPU