Author Topic: Go behind the scenes for a car damage test drive  (Read 22876 times)

Big Ron

I would also like to see hoods and trunks bending like this. I don´t like racing games where the damage model looks like someone would crumble up a paper or tinfoil.

Hoods should kink mostly building a triangle. This is how we see it mostly when a car crashes except someone someone fixed the whole hood to stay at its place like in some of these slow-speed-demolition derbies.

For cockpit view, I would keep the hood kinking, too. Either you should move the view position higher or do it like in Driver: San Francisco reducing the bending-effect from inside view.
CPU: Intel i7-3770 @ 3,4Ghz + Scythe Ninja 3-cooler, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1600 Mhz , GPU: Gainward GTX670, HDD: Samsung 830 Series SSD 128GB, WD 1.0TB, Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, PS: BE Quiet BQT 550W, OS: Windows 7 64-bit, LCD: Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24" FullHD, Wheel: Log. G25

ztox

Screw that, having your view blocked is all part of the fun lol :D

Always roll with cockpit view and if my bonnet comes up, oh well. If you're lucky it comes off completely before you're wrecked XD